Should Chris Simms be benched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turninandburnin1
    This sucks, Simms was my prediction for sleeper this year. I guess Ill just be startin Culpepper all year in my FF league.
    Ouch dude....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I am baffled at how many passes get tipped at the LOS by D-Lineman. Chris Simms is 6'4", utterly confusing. He should've had five interceptions on Sunday, the Bucs were lucky Shropshire and Boley dropped sure pick sixes. If the Bucs had any legitimate backup QB, Simms would be on the pine. He gets the rest of the season to salvage any chance of ever being a starting QB in this league, it won't be with Tampa Bay, they wont resign him.

Comment

The Bucs really need Griese now. They can't just blow this year away. They have so many good players that are getting old (Rice, Brooks. Barber, Galloway, Alstott) and every year counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
          I am baffled at how many passes get tipped at the LOS by D-Lineman. Chris Simms is 6'4", utterly confusing. He should've had five interceptions on Sunday, the Bucs were lucky Shropshire and Boley dropped sure pick sixes. If the Bucs had any legitimate backup QB, Simms would be on the pine. He gets the rest of the season to salvage any chance of ever being a starting QB in this league, it won't be with Tampa Bay, they wont resign him.
          It's baffling to me, too. I remember it happened a ton of times in the Jag preseason game, but I just wrote it off as Stroud and Henderson not getting back there because of those three step drops, so they just stick their hands up in the air.

Comment

I think its hilarious how this offseason when i said Chris Simms was unproven and not a great QB a host of Bucs fans were having a fit claiming how good he was coughsimms2claytoncough. :roll:

Comment

I was going to say something about this but forgot...

...I totally agree. I don't understand it. People say his slow release, but a guy like Byron Leftwich doesn't seem to have the problem, atleast as much as Simms. Is it the O-line? Or is it a mental issue? Perplexing.

It looks like Gradkowski is their (next) QBotF.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I'd lean more towards Brady Quinn... Look at their schedule, it's one of the toughest in the NFL.

vs Carolina
                @ New Orleans - not pushovers this year
                vs Cincinnati
                vs Philadelphia
                @ New York Giants
                vs New Orleans
                @ Carolina
                vs Washington
                @ Dallas
                @ Pittsburgh - cold weather
                vs Atlanta
                @ Chicago - cold weather
                @ Cleveland - cold weather
                vs Seattle

They are definitely in "The Quest For Quinn," as Pro Football Prospectus descriped it. Find an easy win for them on the above schedule. Is their defense going to get younger throughout the season? Is Chris Simms going to develop mental toughness during the season? Is that O-Line going to miraclously transform into a solid unit?

They play Carolina this week, I can't imagine them winning, the Panthers D-Line will eat that offensive line alive.

Comment

Who would they bench him with Gratoskwi?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I'd lean more towards Brady Quinn... Look at their schedule, it's one of the toughest in the NFL.

vs Carolina
                    vs Cincinnati
                    vs Philadelphia
                    @ New York Giants
                    vs New Orleans
                    @ Carolina
                    vs Washington
                    @ Dallas
                    vs Atlanta
                    @ Chicago - cold weather
                    vs Seattle

They are definitely in "The Quest For Quinn," as Pro Football Prospectus descriped it. Find an easy win for them on the above schedule. Is their defense going to get younger throughout the season? Is Chris Simms going to develop mental toughness during the season? Is that O-Line going to miraclously transform into a solid unit?

They play Carolina this week, I can't imagine them winning, the Panthers D-Line will eat that offensive line alive.
                    If they keep playing like they are now, I can't see more than 2 wins on that schedule.

Comment

vs Carolina
                      vs Cincinnati
                      vs Philadelphia
                      @ New York Giants
                      vs New Orleans
                      @ Carolina
                      vs Washington
                      @ Dallas
                      vs Atlanta
                      @ Chicago - cold weather
                      vs Seattle

Wow that seems unfair and that is almost an under statement. The only game I see them competing in is against Cleveland even in cold weather, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if they went 0-16 this season. I can honestly say that the defense is too old in the front seven to win them games any more and that I actually think that the Bucs will have less or as many wins as the Raiders. Carolina should get out of their slump agains the Bucs, hopefully or their season is done too. By that time Washington should be firing on all cylinders so I think that they will lose against the other 0-2 team on their roster.

Comment

Funny you should mention "0-16," this is the 30-year anniversary of the 1976 0-14 Buccaneers. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by nathan
                          I dont think so. I think you got to have faith in yout man.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Funny you should mention "0-16," this is the 30-year anniversary of the 1976 0-14 Buccaneers. :shock:
                            and we wont go 0-16, we'll at least beat the falcons at home.

Comment

No, not yet its only two games. Give him 2 more games and if he hasn't yes bench him.

That team as a whole isn't doing that good either.
                              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

well lets see, when you pass for 53 attempts, i dont think 3 picks is that bad considering caddy is nowhere to be found...you gotta give him a break, look at the stats...

gruden is calling pass after pass, Defenses are teeing off on him, and the run is a non factor, meaning the play action pass is a non factor as well.../

that o line needs to get it together, if simms is benched it would be wrong, all that blame isnt on him, anytime you throw 53 times and rush under 15 its a recipe for disaster

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information