Best defense in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
    Baltimore is looking very intimidating right now, while the Bears are struggling to get consistent pressure on the QB, the defensive backfield isn't gelling quite yet (though it seems to be improved over last year), and the unit as a whole isn't tackling well.

The homer in me says Bears.

The objective, rational part of me says you can't decide after just two games. Maybe after four. There's just not enough of a sample to make a determination yet. On stats alone, I think it's the Ravens.

Though Pittsburgh and San Diego are looking very good, I think Baltimore and Chicago are a big step above the rest of the league. Which, come to think of it, is how it should be.
    I don't understand this pressure argument. We have 9 sacks in 2 games. How much pressure do you want? They were in both Favre and Kitna's faces the last two weeks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

With as little homerism as I can use....I'm taking Seattle.
      "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
        1. Bears
        2. Chargers
        3. Baltimore

One team that no one said is Pittsburgh. They have a great run D, and pass D is darn good too.
        same top 3 but for now I'd have baltimore over SD

Comment

Chicago for 2 reasons.

1-Depth

2-Strong play in the trenches
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Baltimore is looking very intimidating right now, while the Bears are struggling to get consistent pressure on the QB, the defensive backfield isn't gelling quite yet (though it seems to be improved over last year), and the unit as a whole isn't tackling well.

The objective, rational part of me says you can't decide after just two games. Maybe after four. There's just not enough of a sample to make a determination yet. On stats alone, I think it's the Ravens.

Though Pittsburgh and San Diego are looking very good, I think Baltimore and Chicago are a big step above the rest of the league. Which, come to think of it, is how it should be.
            I don't understand this pressure argument. We have 9 sacks in 2 games. How much pressure do you want? They were in both Favre and Kitna's faces the last two weeks.
            Both of those offensive lines are terrible though. I'll know if they're good when they face Minnesota. Especially the left side with Hutchinson and McKinnie.

Comment

Originally posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51

Both of those offensive lines are terrible though. I'll know if they're good when they face Minnesota. Especially the left side with Hutchinson and McKinnie.
              What do you mean "you'll know if we're good"? Our defense proved it last season. We don't need to "prove" anything. We just need to play better.

We were a top 3 defense last season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
                With as little homerism as I can use....I'm taking Seattle.
                yea... well if that's the smallest amount you can use... then ST21 may not be the biggest homer on this site.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan

yea... well if that's the smallest amount you can use... then ST21 may not be the biggest homer on this site.
                  You'll see.
                  "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

The Bears' secondary is suspect right now, imo. They played pretty good, but not great against the Packers. They also let Jon Kitna shred them for 3 quarters, but I give them props for not letting up a TD. But the best front 7 in football will make up for the suspect secondary. I think they have the best with Baltimore, Carolina (when healthy), and San Diego not too far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                      The Bears' secondary is suspect right now, imo. They played pretty good, but not great against the Packers. They also let Jon Kitna shred them for 3 quarters, but I give them props for not letting up a TD. But the best front 7 in football will make up for the suspect secondary. I think they have the best with Baltimore, Carolina (when healthy), and San Diego not too far behind.
                      From what it looked like to me, we played a soft cover 2. We allowed a lot in front of us but nothing behind. Probably in fear that Roy might get behind us.

With that being said though, our pass defense wasn't good. Too many open guys for my taste and no INT's.

Oh well, I'll take a 7 point score from the opponent any week.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Chicago

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble
                          San Diego for me. Amazing pressure with their front three and linebackers.
                          But their secondary sucks... Once they find a matchup against a good offensive line, they can get beaten deep pretty easily.

All in all though, they definitely have played very well this season. I'd just like to see them in a real test.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I believe in Baltimore.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Originally posted by danman253
                              Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.
                              Agreed....
                              I voted Chicago, but we've only allowed one touchdown too, and it was a garbage TD.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                              Originally posted by yodachu
                              Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

The top defensive teams...Chicago, Chargers and Ravens have played nobody yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information