Does Brunell Deserve to Get Benched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghettosermon
    If we loose to the Texans Brunell might as well stay in Houston cause he won't be safe in D.C.
    LOL.

Comment

No, I dont think Brunell is a good QB, but give Campbell another year then hand it over to him.

Comment

I just learned that the Brunell video I posted was actually made in 2004. It looked like someone just made it the way things are going for Mark.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

im sure not having portis in the backfield isnt helping. when you dont have a running game then your offense gets predictable and gets pass happy. then its easy to make a qb look bad when you know he is going to pass

sig by CalBears99
          Originally posted by yodachu
          I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by The Fat Kid
            im sure not having portis in the backfield isnt helping. when you dont have a running game then your offense gets predictable and gets pass happy. then its easy to make a qb look bad when you know he is going to pass

Thats true but Brunell has always been ridiculously overrated in my opinion and age isnt helping him. I dont think it would have helped him that much

Comment

Brunell shouldn't even be starting in the league. I probably have more arm strength than him.

Comment

Brunell should play the Texans at least..... I mean it's not like I got ulterior motives. He should be given another chance though. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                  No one, including Mark Brunell, believes that he himself can carry that team. With the lack of a running game, the shoddy pass protection, and the play-calling, Brunell wasn't in a position to be effective. I think Saunders' play-calling doesn't have enough vertical elements to keep D's honest right now. Why commit a safety into 2-deep coverage, when the Skins aren't throwing over the top? Why not blitz and pressure? I think they need to open their playbook up and throw the deep ball a few times just to loosen things up. Brunell hasn't lost much in his arm. I think he's not as fast as he was 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean his line shouldn't protect better.

Let's wait until Portis is back before we really judge. If they lose to Houston, Brunell might be sunk.
                  Joe Gibbs's teams run the ball. Until Portis is healthy, Brunell won't look good. He isn't capable of carrying a team on his arm. Gibbs desperately needs a healthy Portis. I'd look for Campbell to get some playing time especially when Washington is clearly eliminated from the playoffs.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                    Originally posted by bsaza2358
                    No one, including Mark Brunell, believes that he himself can carry that team. With the lack of a running game, the shoddy pass protection, and the play-calling, Brunell wasn't in a position to be effective. I think Saunders' play-calling doesn't have enough vertical elements to keep D's honest right now. Why commit a safety into 2-deep coverage, when the Skins aren't throwing over the top? Why not blitz and pressure? I think they need to open their playbook up and throw the deep ball a few times just to loosen things up. Brunell hasn't lost much in his arm. I think he's not as fast as he was 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean his line shouldn't protect better.

Let's wait until Portis is back before we really judge. If they lose to Houston, Brunell might be sunk.
                    Joe Gibbs's teams run the ball. Until Portis is healthy, Brunell won't look good. He isn't capable of carrying a team on his arm. Gibbs desperately needs a healthy Portis. I'd look for Campbell to get some playing time especially when Washington is clearly eliminated from the playoffs.
                    If they don't make the playoff Campbell should start for all the last games for more reps
                    Michael Vick 2.0 = Part 2 - 2011 NFL Season

Comment

The Redskins O will get back rolling when Clinton Portis comes back.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Brunell set an NFL record. 22 straight completions.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I thought it was a tie?

Anyways...so much for that. All I hope is that the same calls are being made after next week's game.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                            I thought it was a tie?

Anyways...so much for that. All I hope is that the same calls are being made after next week's game.
                            No the one that was broken was not counted because of a roughing the passer, he got 22.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

If you get owned by Brunell then your defense must suck.

Comment

Originally posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
                                If you get owned by Brunell then your defense must suck.
                                Trust me, it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information