• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver
    4-3
    • Demeco Ryans

3-4
    • Manny Lawson

Those two positions are too different to compare against eachother directly.
    Yup, thats the best way to put it. Both are playing real well in their respective systems and both are looking like steals. I honestly didn't expect Lawson to have a good year, I thought he would be a disappointment in the NFL. He is proving me wrong. I knew Ryans was gonna be the bomb, he's the man. If we didn't have AP, I wouldve really wanted EA to get him.

Comment

demeco has played real well, but i think ernie sims will be the best the rest of the way.. he is so explosive

Go Ravens!

Comment

manny baby big time

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
          Why exactly is Chad Greenway not on this list?
          LOL

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 661rep
            Thomas Howard of the Raiders has been really good.
            Morrison is doing a darn good job following up a very good rookie season too. Strongside LB is still up in the air, but those two, so far this season are performing admirably.

I'll tell you right now, the defense is not the reason why the Raiders are at the bottom of the barrell at 0-2 right now. That offense is downright pitiful, but the defense has been pretty stout. It's young and can give up mistakes, but it's a good start.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
              Morrison is doing a darn good job following up a very good rookie season too. Strongside LB is still up in the air, but those two, so far this season are performing admirably.

I'll tell you right now, the defense is not the reason why the Raiders are at the bottom of the barrell at 0-2 right now. That offense is downright pitiful, but the defense has been pretty stout. It's young and can give up mistakes, but it's a good start.
              just say it. if they had danny clark, they'd be 2-0.

Comment

1) Demeco Ryans

2) Ernie Sims

3) Thomas Howard

Comment

I know stats aren't everything, but no one has posted them...

Demeco Ryans - 17 tackles, 3 assists, 0 sacks, 0 Ints

Ernie Sims - 14 Tackles, 3 assists, 0 sacks, 0 Ints

Thomas Howard - 15 Tackles, 1 Assist, 0 Sacks, 0 Assists

AJ Hawk - 10 Tackles, 2 assists, 0 Sacks, 0 Ints

Bobby Carpenter (Not starting) - 0 Tackles, 0 Assists, 0 Sacks, 0 Ints

Manny Lawson - 9 tackles, 0 Assists, 2 Sacks, 0 Ints

Outside stats, I say
                  1.Ryans
                  2.Sims
                  3.Lawson

I haven't seen Hawk play.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Carpenter will be a very good LB, he is learning alot this year although not seeing the field much, but if he's not starting that says something about our LB corps, and i dont think anyone was expecting the greg ellis situation....carpenter will be fine....

I know his name hasnt been mentioned, but i like wimbley in clevelands 3-4 defense, stats may not be up there with sims, but he's very athletic and active, i think he will be a pro bowler for that team

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I have a hard time considering Lawson for this discussion. Yes, he is listed as an OLB but his responsibilities are much different than every other one of these LB. Lawson is more of like a DE as he gets to rush the passer more than any of these other LB do.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                        I have a hard time considering Lawson for this discussion. Yes, he is listed as an OLB but his responsibilities are much different than every other one of these LB. Lawson is more of like a DE as he gets to rush the passer more than any of these other LB do.
                        I agree. its really hard to have an accurate grade if you want to rate who is better...I just go by how important they are and what they do for their team....

I dont think derrick johnson would of done as well in a 3-4 and rushing the passer every play, where as manny lawson, merriman they excell in it...but the stats are skewed because of it

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I guess Wimbley and Lawson count as DEs since they are 3-4 OLBs, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
                            I guess Wimbley and Lawson count as DEs since they are 3-4 OLBs, huh?
                            Yup, pretty much.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by njx9

Ugh, no. The key to the defense has actually been, in part, Morrison's upgrade over Clark. Clark was cool, but Morrison is just that much better. Howard has been great at WILL, we're just trying to figure out SAM. Sam Williams and Grant Irons are both ok, and if Williams can actually see the field with any regularity (instead of the trainer's table) he could be good.

But no. That offensive line, Aaron Brooks, the lack of a running game and the terrible play calling are why the Raiders are 0-2. No amount of Danny Clarks, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lotts or Lawrence Taylors would be able to change the outcome of the last 2 games.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9

Ugh, no. The key to the defense has actually been, in part, Morrison's upgrade over Clark. Clark was cool, but Morrison is just that much better. Howard has been great at WILL, we're just trying to figure out SAM. Sam Williams and Grant Irons are both ok, and if Williams can actually see the field with any regularity (instead of the trainer's table) he could be good.

But no. That offensive line, Aaron Brooks, the lack of a running game and the terrible play calling are why the Raiders are 0-2. No amount of Danny Clarks, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lotts or Lawrence Taylors would be able to change the outcome of the last 2 games.
                                morrison is faster and more athletic then clark.he also always makes the takle.the reason why we cut clark is cuase he cost to much $$$ to be second team linebacker.howard has more time to improve hes a physical beast. he ran a 4.43 at the combine.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information