Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Madden Curse Reality or Coincidence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madden Curse Reality or Coincidence?

I know it's not real but i can't believe all the injuries over the years.. I think it is about time to put retired folks ont he Madden covers..lol

They should put Osama Bin Laden on the cover of Madden. Maybe the curse will work on him :evil:

Comment

For it to be "reality" it should have more then a 50% success rate. It doesn't. Culpepper, Vick, McNabb and now Alexander. Doesn't explain Eddie George or Ray Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
        For it to be "reality" it should have more then a 50% success rate. It doesn't. Culpepper, Vick, McNabb and now Alexander. Doesn't explain Eddie George or Ray Lewis.
        Eddie George cost his team the playoffs with a terrible fumble recovered by Ray Lewis, and Ray Lewis broke his wrist, missed the playoffs and the Pro Bowl. But sure, those are just coincidences. :roll:

Comment

A lot of people don't include the early years:

Madden 1999 - Garrison Hearst twisted his ankle on very first play from scrimmage.

Madden 2000 - Barry Sanders flat out retires.

Comment

What are you talking about? A dropped pass by a RB, something every RB does, is a manifestation of the curse? Please. Ray Lewis didn't miss any significant time, his team missed the playoffs in '04, you have your years mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
              What are you talking about? A dropped pass by a RB, something every RB does, is a manifestation of the curse? Please. Ray Lewis didn't miss any significant time, his team missed the playoffs in '04, you have your years mixed up.
              I never said he missed significant time. He broke his wrist. And no, he didn't make the playoffs or the Pro Bowl that year. For the best defensive player in the league, that's an off year.

Comment

So now the Madden Curse not only is injuries, but performance too? Too wide ranging there. **** happens in the NFL all the time. Players have bad seasons, get hurt, etcetera. It's mumbo jumbo.

Just like the game before the Super Bowl video game competition, where the winner of that game, his team went on the win the Super Bowl. Seven straight times, must be reality right? Then in '03, the Panthers player won the game, then they proceeded to lose the Super Bowl.

Comment

I quote The Notorious BIG: "Mo' money, Mo' problems". Makes me wanna cry. SA will be back though.

Comment

I don't think its real. Just think of all of the injuries that happen every year. Probably half of the league misses atleast 1 game with an injury.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Ray Lewis also didnt make an int that year, the only time in his career that happened. The Madden curse is for real, I avoided Alexander in all of my fantasy leagues because of it. I am a believer.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

It is a real coincidence.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Injuries happen. I'm do not believe in curses at all, but the fact this happens very year is pretty alarming. That said this isn't like a Broken Leg or Sports Hernia, its a minor crack.

Also those teams of the madden cover victims do very poorly in that same season, which the Seahawks aren't.

Comment

it may not be as affective for Ray Lewis but he had a down season and there is no doubt about it. best advice is to never draft anyone on the cover of Madden.

Comment

Why can't they just put Madden back on it? Maybe he will fall and break his leg, thus resulting in no more Captain Obvious commenting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information