The Saints?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saints?

I don't think there are going to the SB or anything but I think they will fight for a wildcard.

The Saints are improved, but I don't see them making the playoffs with this schedule. The offense is for real, but I am not sold yet on the defense.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/te...=nor&year=2006

Thats a pretty brutual schedule, especially in December. I can't see them going better than 8-8 at best.

Comment

I think the saints are much improved...but best case scenario is 8-8...which is looking competitive in the nfc south. they won't win the wild card...they'll have to win the division to make the postseason. To answer the question, they aren't "for real", but they are a lot more real than recent years.

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Tampa Bay has been sucking and they don't have a QB now Carolina is so up and down you never know which team will show up I know Smith has been hurt if he goes down for a few more games they are SOL.

Comment

i dunno..Drew Brees is playing well. Reggie Bush adds a new dimension to the offense. Marques Colston is a stud. The Defense looked amazing against a dynamic Atlanta offense. And they're 3-0. I don't see any reason to NOT believe they're for real at this point.

Comment

Carolina is going to blow them out next week.
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Are they real?
              No, not this year, not yet.
              But I can defiantely see them being contenders next year, especially with a good draft and maybe a couple of freea agent pick ups.
              Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
                i dunno..Drew Brees is playing well. Reggie Bush adds a new dimension to the offense. Marques Colston is a stud. The Defense looked amazing against a dynamic Atlanta offense. And they're 3-0. I don't see any reason to NOT believe they're for real at this point.
                I agree.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The next 3 games will say a lot about the Saints but IMO I think they are for real and should make the playoffs

and plus Drew Brees is only going to get better week after week
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

One of the biggest factors for the Saints might be the fact that Joe Horn hasn't completely lost it. I really thought after last year Joe Horn would never be a good starter in the NFL again. I thought it was just over for him.

Comment

They could be like the 2004 Jaguars, who went 3-0 but struggled down the stretch and ended up missing the playoffs. Of course, they are two different teams, one built on offense and the other on defense. But it's just an example.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I just don't see the depth on the defensive side of the ball that is needed to hinder the affect of inevitable injuries. Good start, they will be in playoff discussions but I still see them finishing around .500
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

The only way that they will or can be "for real" is if some of the players that they have who are considered to be mediocre or even just plain bad emerge into quality players in a way that no one has or will foresee.

The truth is, they just don't have that good of players on their team. They are currently starting a corps of LBs that were all backups for NFC East teams last year. That's how bad they are at LB. They are also employing no names and young guys at the DT positions. McKenzie is a good player in the secondary, but outside of him they have young unproven players and mediocre vets. Hell, they are starting Roman Harper, who, though he ended up being a second round pick, was projected as no more than a 4th rounder by every draft service I ever saw.

Anyhow, I don't know what happened last night, and I don't think I will ever know. If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game. Every single player on that team looked bad. DeAngelo Hall got flat out embarrassed all night long. I mean, at what point do you realize that the other team is NOT going to throw deep and start covering up the short stuff better, but NO was constantly completing digs and short outs to his man. And he's just an example. Every other player on that team was doing the same thing. It was just uncanny.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Someone please explain to me how they are the 5th best ranked defense. I'm loosing my mind over this here.

Comment

Roman Harper is a player. They was a great pick by New Orleans whether it was in the second round or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information