The Saints?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    Anyhow, I don't know what happened last night, and I don't think I will ever know. If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game. Every single player on that team looked bad. DeAngelo Hall got flat out embarrassed all night long. I mean, at what point do you realize that the other team is NOT going to throw deep and start covering up the short stuff better, but NO was constantly completing digs and short outs to his man. And he's just an example. Every other player on that team was doing the same thing. It was just uncanny.
    :roll:

Just shut up.

Comment

The only way that they will or can be "for real" is if some of the players that they have who are considered to be mediocre or even just plain bad emerge into quality players in a way that no one has or will foresee.

The truth is, they just don't have that good of players on their team. They are currently starting a corps of LBs that were all backups for NFC East teams last year. That's how bad they are at LB. They are also employing no names and young guys at the DT positions. McKenzie is a good player in the secondary, but outside of him they have young unproven players and mediocre vets. Hell, they are starting Roman Harper, who, though he ended up being a second round pick, was projected as no more than a 4th rounder by every draft service I ever saw.

Anyhow, I don't know what happened last night, and I don't think I will ever know. If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game. Every single player on that team looked bad. DeAngelo Hall got flat out embarrassed all night long. I mean, at what point do you realize that the other team is NOT going to throw deep and start covering up the short stuff better, but NO was constantly completing digs and short outs to his man. And he's just an example. Every other player on that team was doing the same thing. It was just uncanny.
      The rest of your post seems to indicate that you have a hard time realizing that this might in fact be true.

Your comment about NFC East back-up linebackers also makes me think you have trouble realizing that the NFC East might not be all it's hyped up to be, which again is a hard time realizing that what is thought to be true is false.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

So if the Saints go 9-7 they aren't "for real"? What does for real mean? Hell if the Saints go 8-8 that would be an amazing season for them. Anyone expecting them to go 12-4 is an idiot. But they could finish the season 6-7 and sneak into the playoffs. I don't see why not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

the saints will make the playoffs and beat dallas in the first round. the crowd will go wild and sean payton will be hurled into the air.

Comment

4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
            5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
            6 Sun, Oct 15 Philadelphia
            7 BYE WEEK
            8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
            9 Sun, Nov 5 at Tampa Bay
            10 Sun, Nov 12 at Pittsburgh
            11 Sun, Nov 19 Cincinnati
            12 Sun, Nov 26 at Atlanta
            13 Sun, Dec 3 San Francisco
            14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
            15 Sun, Dec 17 Washington
            16 Sun, Dec 24 at NY Giants
            17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

The Saints are playing pretty good, but making the playoffs? Which 6 of these games are the Saints going to win (assuming 9-7 gets them in)? I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins here.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777
              4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
              5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
              7 BYE WEEK
              8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
              14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
              17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

The Saints are playing pretty good, but making the playoffs? Which 6 of these games are the Saints going to win (assuming 9-7 gets them in)? I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins here.
              hmm 2 times tampa , 2 times carolina , makes 4
              SF , 5
              maybe one or two nfc east upsets

and iam not sold on the steelers yet.

its very hard but it isnt like walking on water.

Comment

Reggie Bush was the offensive MVP last night. I don't care what the stats showed. When Reggie was on the field, all eyes were on him. It seemed to me that the Falcon's biggest priority was to stop him. I felt like a big reason why the Saints won was because they gave too much respect to Bush, and not enough to Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanSaint
                  4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
                  5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
                  7 BYE WEEK
                  8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
                  14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
                  17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

hmm 2 times tampa , 2 times carolina , makes 4
                  SF , 5
                  maybe one or two nfc east upsets

and iam not sold on the steelers yet.

its very hard but it isnt like walking on water.
                  I'll be suprised if you beat the Panthers once, let alone twice.

You will beat the Bucs twice-You will probably lose to 3 of the 4 NFC East teams-And you will probably upset one of the AFC North teams-leaving you with 4 more, maybe 5 more wins.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
                    5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
                    7 BYE WEEK
                    8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
                    14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
                    17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

They'll win:

1 - one of the Carolina games
                    2 & 3 - both Tampa Bay games
                    4 - either Philadelphia or Baltimore @ home
                    5 - San Francisco
                    6 - Washington

9-7

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1
                      Carolina is going to blow them out next week.
                      Just like all the experts had Atlanta blowing us out last night. *yawns* I prefer it when people sleep on us. Keep it up.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

of course they are real i just saw them on TV.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                          Just like all the experts had Atlanta blowing us out last night. *yawns* I prefer it when people sleep on us. Keep it up.
                          Well, you have every right to be confident right now. I would be too if I were a fan of the 3-0 Saints, so more power to you. But the Panthers started to click this week and I have to think that with every game Steve Smith plays, that team will take their game to the next level. I think the Panthers will win by 10+ this week, but by no means do I look down upon anyone for thinking the Saints will be 4-0 one week from today.
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                            of course they are real i just saw them on TV.
                            :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                              Originally posted by Flyboy
                              Well, you have every right to be confident right now. I would be too if I were a fan of the 3-0 Saints, so more power to you. But the Panthers started to click this week...
                              And, they still just barely beat a pretty 'eh' Tampa Bay team.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                                If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game.

Someone brought that to my attention, that ATL was throwing that game....and honestly you never know, they beat that team up like the Saints outmatched them at every position, and the Falcons started off so horrible it was too hard to come back from....

but that game being thrown was brought to me by another person and its not totally out of the question

but looking at the remaining schedule, they could easily come out with 7 wins this year, so that means they would only need 2 upsets to make 9 wins...why are you guys acting like in the NFL the only team that wins is the favorite, have you never seen an underdog win before?

Why do you think its so hard for teams to not go 0-16, because one of those powerhouses you see on the Saints schedule will look over them to the next weeks opponent and end up losing because of it, so please lets not look and say oh they will lose all these games, when you have no idea how that will play out, we know how tom coughlin prepares for games, injuries could happen in that timeframe, and teams just flat out dont play well some sundays, if 7 wins is almost a lock for them, they could sneak out another 3...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information