• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario gets a sack first.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
      Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
      Neither happens this week. Seriously, I'm not saying that just because it is not an option, but I think neither gets one.

It's not an option because "neither" is for pussies, same for "push" in over/under and "50%" in oddsmakers.
      Ok, I think Reggie gets the TD first. I say he gets a TD against Tampa and Mario won't get his sack until the Dallas game. But I'd say Mario has a better chance of getting a sack this week than Bush does a TD.

Comment

Mario is going to get his first sack against my team the Dolphins :(

It's inevitable with our terrible offensive line.
        Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Mario Williams needs a mentor in the worst way. He needs that older established DE that can teach him the ins and outs of the position. They shouldve hired Hugh Douglass as a personal DE coach to Williams. He'd be a great mentor, and I think Williams production would dramatically increase with the help of an experienced DE. Coaches can only do so much, he needs a guy who's played the position and played it at a high level to teach him the little things.

Look at what Strahan has done for Kiwi already. Imagine if Williams had a mentor like that.

And to answer the question...Williams gets a sack first.

Comment

Easier to get a sack, so i'll have to lean towards Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Mario Williams needs a mentor in the worst way. He needs that older established DE that can teach him the ins and outs of the position. They shouldve hired Hugh Douglass as a personal DE coach to Williams. He'd be a great mentor, and I think Williams production would dramatically increase with the help of an experienced DE. Coaches can only do so much, he needs a guy who's played the position and played it at a high level to teach him the little things.

Look at what Strahan has done for Kiwi already. Imagine if Williams had a mentor like that.

I agree with what you said. Watching him play, his only flaw is his technique. Once he learns how to use his hands, watch out. A veteran mentor will help him a lot.

Comment

Mario Who?

Comment

Idk, Mario isn't playing well at all so far. In fact, Gary Kubiak ripped into him after Sunday's game saying how he isn't performing up to his abilities. That could have motivated him, but he really isn't going all that much.

Comment

The sack will come first. Houston plays Miami, New Orleans plays Carolina. Nufced.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

image the same thing with Favre & Rodgers

and im gonna say bush get a TD this week and mario finsh the season with out one

i know its gonna be hard to belive and its only a guess but remember smith got a TD in his last game

and i dont even see that happening with mario

Comment

I am going to have to say Mario gets a sack first...and i agree with what BBD said, as usual...
                        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Reggie Bush has already had the biggest impact. Teams won't play the Saints straight up, because when Reggie shifts, the defense shifts. They gameplan around him. No team is game planning around Mario Williams, yet. So in terms of Big Play, it will probably be Mario Williams, since sacks are easier to come by, especially when you're one on one against a tackle all game long.

Designs by Thule

Comment

I think Carolina is going to be the first team to try to just let Reggie catch and run with the ball and focus on shutting down Deuce, Horn, Colston, etc. We'll see how that works for both teams. Either Reggie is going to run wild or he'll be shut down.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I think Carolina is going to be the first team to try to just let Reggie catch and run with the ball and focus on shutting down Deuce, Horn, Colston, etc. We'll see how that works for both teams. Either Reggie is going to run wild or he'll be shut down.
                              They'll probably have Thomas Davis covering him.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                                Reggie Bush has already had the biggest impact. Teams won't play the Saints straight up, because when Reggie shifts, the defense shifts. They gameplan around him. No team is game planning around Mario Williams, yet. So in terms of Big Play, it will probably be Mario Williams, since sacks are easier to come by, especially when you're one on one against a tackle all game long.

Since when are sacks easier to come by? The record for sacks is 22.5 in a season, something two RBs out-did last year alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information