• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    It's really too early to tell, but....

Young > Rivers
    Leinart > Roethlisberger
    Cutler >> E. Manning

And not to be a homer, but I'd take Clemens over Losman. I don't care if he improved to being mediocre over absolutely terrible. I like Clemens' potential.
    I don't get that arguement at all. Talking potential, Losman definetly has more than clemens. Losman has all the athletic attributes you look for in a QB. Strong arm, very mobile, etc. And Clemens has never even played, has he? You can't call him better than Losman, who had the 10th highest QB rating in the league last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
      I don't get that arguement at all. Talking potential, Losman definetly has more than clemens. Losman has all the athletic attributes you look for in a QB. Strong arm, very mobile, etc. And Clemens has never even played, has he? You can't call him better than Losman, who had the 10th highest QB rating in the league last year.
      I didn't say he was better than Losman yet. That's exactly what I was saying, it's too early to tell, but I'll take the potential of Clemens over the mediocre performance of Losman. Clemens should have been the third QB off the board ahead of Cutler if he had not been injured. Strong arm, mobility, etc don't make a QB great, and besides that you say it like Clemens doesn't have those traits. He has a cannon for an arm, and great footwork. Some analysts (such as Hodge) had him as the best QB in the draft before his injury, and the 2nd best after his injury.
      Last edited by Non_Sequitur; 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• And what games did he lose for them? Seriously, I wanna know.
        I'm not sure about this, but didn't he kinda lose the Titans game. The game where Kiwanuka missed that sack. He threw two costly interceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddenhero View Post
          I'm not sure about this, but didn't he kinda lose the Titans game. The game where Kiwanuka missed that sack. He threw two costly interceptions.
          The first one wouldn't be a pick if Burress didn't give up on the play. Most Giant fans (and teammates) blamed Plax for that one.

He just stopped running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            He wasn't playing defense but he sure as **** gave up two lame ducks to Pacman Jones.
            The first wasn't his fault for two reasons. Plax gave up on the play, and there's no reason to call a deep pass on 2nd and 4 with a 21 point lead. The game was already blown before the 2nd INT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
              I didn't say he was better than Losman yet. That's exactly what I was saying, it's too early to tell, but I'll take the potential of Clemens over the mediocre performance of Losman. Clemens should have been the third QB off the board ahead of Cutler if he had not been injured. Strong arm, mobility, etc don't make a QB great, and besides that you say it like Clemens doesn't have those traits. He has a cannon for an arm, and great footwork. Some analysts (such as Hodge) had him as the best QB in the draft before his injury, and the 2nd best after his injury.
              Losman performed well above expectations this year and put up some of the better numbers in the league. If he didn't have a moron for a head coach in his first year starting Losman could be in discussion as the top QB from this class. Hoge is not my favorite QB expert, either. Clemens was a solid prospect and I probably had him graded near the same spot where I graded Losman back in 04. Factoring in your Jets fandom, I'm not going to argue against your opinion here, because it might just be a fair one. But show some more respect to Losman than calling what was an expectation-exceeding year in which he led the team and only got better when McGahee was out. He excelled in the clutch and when he was the focal point of the offense, even carrying the team. It was a breakthrough year in many ways for him, and for a QB with such potential, a year like that should be seen as more than "mediocre". Of course he's been called much, much worse.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information