Matt Schuab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Schuab

Scott can you give me your scouting report on him from 2004 draft please?

Also what did everyone think of him coming out? Where was he projected to go before the injury and after the injury?

Originally posted by Breaker View Post
    Scott can you give me your scouting report on him from 2004 draft please?

Also what did everyone think of him coming out? Where was he projected to go before the injury and after the injury?
    Dude this sucks for you, no replies at all. I feel for ya, so I decided to post something. No info about Schuab from me though.

Comment

He was always a third round pick.

Coming from Virginia under Groh he had an NFL pedigree and spent his entire collegiate career being prepare in a pro style system. He played in a west coast system and had pretty good triangle numbers.

His accuracy is good but not great and his arm strength would be what you call the league average, his deep ball tends to sail.

When under pressure he gets happy feet and his mechanics go out the door, he'll make some poor decisions under pressure like tucking and running too early, can be prone to fumbling. His mechanics and problems under pressure mean he needs to be given time to set up and deliver, when he does he'll be effective.

imo, He's very much a mix of Jake Delhomme and David Carr.

Comment

I think he's a lot like Matt Hasselbeck, except with a better arm. It may take him some work, and some stern coaching, to rein him in. Like Hasselbeck, I might add.

Comment

There are a few coaches who could take care of a raw talent like this and turn him into a star. Kubiak is on that list.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I'm not sure he has a stronger arm than Hasselback.

Schuab has always had decent arm strength. He is going to be below average for starting QBs. His intelligence, short accuracy and decision making are some of the best coming out of college that I can remember (outside of maybe Rivers).

Comment

Hmm, short accuracy and decision-making seem to be the hallmarks of successful WCO QB's... Interesting!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

heres internet archive
                http://www.archive.org/index.php
                unfortunately I cant get to the positional rankings from back then.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Strengths: Has good size and the frame to get a little bigger...Decent arm...Accurate...Shows good mechanics on a consistent basis...Good touch and timing...More of a game manager than a game breaker.

Weaknesses: Not very athletic...Struggles with the deep ball...Needs to work on his anticipation and timing.

Notes: May never be a superstar at the next level but good end up being a solid starting quarterback...Could sneak into late round one but round two or three is more likely.

- Scott Wright

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information