Top 5 (no order):
    Chris McAlister
    Nate Clements
    Champ Bailey
    Antoine Winfield
    Ken Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff
      Hall played another great game today covering Fitzgerald as well as its possible to cover fitzgerald, he had numerous pass deflection and a vital INT return for a TD
      Best CB is still Bailey because of his consistancy but no for long, by that i mean i think my answer would be HALL if this was week 16
      i said no homer picks.

Comment

Bailey is the best CB in the leauge

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Corner is a very difficult position to judge. Because no statistic covers, well, covering ability. All I know, no Receiver has been at all successful against Hall, and he's faced very good receivers. He's up there, but it's too subjective for any of the corners in today's game to be the definitive "best."

Also, to diffuse any potential re-buttals to that statement, Joey Galloway did all his damage away from Hall. Against popular belief, corners only play against the "1" receiver about 50% of the time, so you cannot just look at the statsbook and assume which yardage came against which corner. Such as the Terrell Owens game, he had three of his seven catches against zone defenses, not Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston
            Originally posted by JETS5128
            Originally posted by remix 6
            scientific football book says he allowed least YPC average or up in top 3 i believe..you guys are underrating him because hes not a Jet anymore
            No, i watched the games, there is no stat for trying to jump a route and getting beat
            So that means that if a quarterback always throws screen passes or dumpoff passes and his RB's take it all the way each time, he is the best QB in the league?
            ?

Sig by Me

Comment

Bailey is number 1. Chris McCallister, IMO, is 2... Clements is 3.
              Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
              Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Comment

I think Hall is better than Bailey, or at least I'd rather have Hall on my team anyways. Rashean Mathis is pretty darn good too

Comment

Champ Bailey hands down.
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                    Corner is a very difficult position to judge. Because no statistic covers, well, covering ability. All I know, no Receiver has been at all successful against Hall, and he's faced very good receivers. He's up there, but it's too subjective for any of the corners in today's game to be the definitive "best."

Also, to diffuse any potential re-buttals to that statement, Joey Galloway did all his damage away from Hall. Against popular belief, corners only play against the "1" receiver about 50% of the time, so you cannot just look at the statsbook and assume which yardage came against which corner. Such as the Terrell Owens game, he had three of his seven catches against zone defenses, not Hall.
                    that's not true across the board. certain schemes don't keep a corner matched up. some coaches like to keep a guy matched up. for instance, until he got re-injured, bailey was on owens all game. foxworth spent 90% of the nfc championship game on cedrick wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
                      Champ Bailey hands down.
                      What exactly separates him so clearly from a guy like Antoine Winfield? His popularity?

Comment

In terms of overall play i would say Nate Clements, but just purely coverman i would say Chris Gamble or Champ Bailey.

Comment

I am kinda gettin sick of these threads... Like Sean Taylor of Brian Dawkins. It's always the older guy but the younger guy in a few years. Sigh....

Sig by BoneKrusher
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            Originally posted by Shiver

that's not true across the board. certain schemes don't keep a corner matched up. some coaches like to keep a guy matched up. for instance, until he got re-injured, bailey was on owens all game. foxworth spent 90% of the nfc championship game on cedrick wilson.
                            Pro Football Prospectus cataloged statistics on strategic tendencies, for example "CB1 on WR1." From last year: The Denver Broncos only had CB1, or Bailey, on the WR1 51% of the time, 9th most total in the NFL. The Falcons had Hall on the WR1 56% of the time, or 5th most in the NFL. So take that.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan
                              I am kinda gettin sick of these threads... Like Sean Taylor of Brian Dawkins. It's always the older guy but the younger guy in a few years. Sigh....
                              Yeah, there's rarely (if ever) a definitive answer. A real exercise in futility.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan
                                I'd rather have Taylor for the present and future.
                                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information