No announcement yet.

Whos the best CB in the league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Hes good but I wouldnt label Dunta Robinson as a top 5 or top 10 cornerback for that matter. Maybe a couple years down the road who knows, hes still a pretty young guy.
    Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeys
      Yeah, Hes good but I wouldnt label Dunta Robinson as a top 5 or top 10 cornerback for that matter. Maybe a couple years down the road who knows, hes still a pretty young guy.
      Yeah he's not top 10 yet, he's 24, so he's got time to get better. He will be better as the Texans D as a whole gets better.

Comment

TNew is definatly a top 5 corner possibly top 3.

he was the best "cover" corner last year by Dr Z
        and was the most consistent ccorner last year by KC Joyner.

So far this year he is right where he left off

Comment

Originally posted by dre1614

Yes finally somebody giving T-New some love! And that pass interference on him today was bull. Terrence is easily one of the most underrated players in the NFL, even Madden says that. And im not going to deny the fact that his first two years in the league he looked like bad draft pick.
          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

I don't get the Dunta Robinson hype. The guy has only had 1/2 of a good year. He isn't close to being elite.

And Ken Lucas and Terrence Newman are both top 5 cbs.

Comment

Originally posted by dre1614

Yeah, but he's never been mentored by Darrell Green or featured on "6 days to Sunday", so he's yet to reach elite status.

Comment

Any Bills fan could point out that Clements is not as good as advertised, he is a great tackler and probably top 15 in coverage maybe overall, probably 11th corner in the league, same goes for Winfield when he left and signed with the Vikings, he is good, but his tackling abilities as a corner make people go nuts and he gets a little over rated as a cover corner.

1. Champ Bailey
                2. Chris McAllister
                3. DeAngelo Hall
                4. Terrence Newman
                5. Ken Lucas
                6. RasheanMathis
                7. Dunta Robinson
                8. Marcus Trufant
                9. Ronde Barber
                10. Sheldon Brown

Thats just me though. I even put Ronde up there even though he pretty much has only ever played cover-2 in his entire career.

Comment

Raiders CB Fabian Washington was getting hyped by a lot of media as ready to "make the lead to shutdown corner" this season and he is pretty darn good so far.

Not anywhere near the top 10 here, but if you get a chance, take a look at him. The Raiders aren't completely devoid of talent.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Homicide
                    Ty Law. He had like what 10 interceptions last year. He has been one of the most consistant CBs over his career.
                    Interceptions dont tell how great a corner is,just look at Deltha O'neal.

Comment

Homerism or not Ike Taylor should be on the top 10 either this season or next.

Chris McAlister should get some mention...anyone who has watched him thus far knows what I'm talking about. I'm not being a homer.

-He shut down Galloway - 0 catches - and he has a 50 yard INT return for TD
                      -Randy Moss only had 2 catches against him
                      -Cleveland Game: he makes the play of the game as he intercepted a Frye pass that gave the Ravens the ball back.
                      -Today: Goes up against McCardell and he has 0 catches
                      And during Crunch time last season Ike Taylor shut down Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith and Darrell Jackson. Not to mention how many people during the season. if the Kid had a pair of hands he'd be great with INT's but he can't catch a cold. However, his physicallity and coverage abilities are on par with almost every guy everyone is putting on their top 10 list. I would say he's a much more raw Marcus Trufant. So he should be getting some top 10 love.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21
                        Top 5 (no order):
                        Chris McAlister
                        Nate Clements
                        Champ Bailey
                        Antoine Winfield
                        Ken Lucas
                        winfield is garbage , for about 2 years he gave up 75% of the passes throwed on his side. and that was AFTER he received the big contract from the vikes

Comment

is Chris Gamble top 10 yet?
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

We need to retire this argument. Fact is that not a single person on this forum is qualified to argue this point. The only way you can accurately judge a corner's ability is by watching his game film. The vast majority of the work that a corner does is done OFF CAMERA from the network feeds. The only time you see them is when the ball is thrown their way, and even then you rarely see what happens leading up to the pass.

As a result of all this, we are basically forced to rely upon the evaluations of others. This is the tricky part. Most laymen watch maybe 1 or 2 programs a week on the NFL. They see some tool like Mark Schlereth or Sean Salisbury, who spend much more time in production meetings and makeup chair than they do in the film room, hyping up someone based upon ONE OR TWO plays that they pulled out of their ass, and the layman's response is "wow, that CB is bad ass". I would caution against this. The people to trust are the types who are light on the "media" part, and heavy on the "expert" part. KC Joyner seems pretty legit to me. He doesn't spend ass loads of time in front of the camera yapping at the mouth. He studies. Scott seems to know the college guys quite thoroughly, but it doesn't sound like he watches much coach's film on the NFL. He seems fairly reliable to me, though, when he does his homework.

There are others out there that I trust, but if people are listening to the Mark Schlereths, Salisburys, and Mike Golic's of the world then you are being tricked. That's all I'm gonna say. That someone like Hall, who has been burned multiple times in the last two years, could make a Pro Bowl and be considered as a top player at his position is nothing if not a supreme testament to the misperceptions of the media on this subject. That's all I'm gonna say on this one.
                            Originally posted by 21ST
                            He was protecting his self
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein
                            From what? His leg?
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                              Homerism or not Ike Taylor should be on the top 10 either this season or next.

Chris McAlister should get some mention...anyone who has watched him thus far knows what I'm talking about. I'm not being a homer.

-He shut down Galloway - 0 catches - and he has a 50 yard INT return for TD
                              -Randy Moss only had 2 catches against him
                              -Cleveland Game: he makes the play of the game as he intercepted a Frye pass that gave the Ravens the ball back.
                              -Today: Goes up against McCardell and he has 0 catches
                              And during Crunch time last season Ike Taylor shut down Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith and Darrell Jackson. Not to mention how many people during the season. if the Kid had a pair of hands he'd be great with INT's but he can't catch a cold. However, his physicallity and coverage abilities are on par with almost every guy everyone is putting on their top 10 list. I would say he's a much more raw Marcus Trufant. So he should be getting some top 10 love.
                              Ike is defintely on the way to becoming an elite CB. He has shut down Chad Johnson, what 4 times in the last 2 years? He has the same problem as Newman though, he doesn't get alot of INTs or have a loudmouth so he doesn't get the hype.

Comment

I gotta put T newman top 5, he is under rated for as fast as he is, he was a track star at k state, and is finally getting his fundamentals under his belt, i love how he plays...

its hard for me to say whose the best, id have to watch film, but champ and hall are probaly top 3

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information