Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommie Harris

Best DT in football.

Is it even a discussion? I don't think so.

He is playing at any EXTREMELY ELITE level.

I think he was only successfully blocked tonight 2 times.. Against a pretty damn good OL.

He will end up in the HOF if he stays healthy.

Anyone disagree? If you do.. you obv didn't see the clinic he put on tonight.

This guy is an ANIMAL.

There will be a ton of people posting he isn't. I personally think he's top 3 though. He is a crusher

Comment

Re: Tommie Harris

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL
      Best DT in football.

Is it even a discussion? I don't think so.

He is playing at any EXTREMELY ELITE level.

I think he was only successfully blocked tonight 2 times.. Against a pretty damn good OL.

He will end up in the HOF if he stays healthy.

Anyone disagree? If you do.. you obv didn't see the clinic he put on tonight.

This guy is an ANIMAL.
      obviously there is room for debate on this. No subject is without it. Stroud, Henderson, Hampton are all around his level and in my opinion are all interchangeable as the number 1. harris is a top tier DT and may be the best, but he is in no way shape or form the clear cut best

Comment

He's up there with Kevin Williams and Jenkins but I wouldnt put him in the hall quite yet. :roll:

PM me for sig requests
        Originally posted by Sean Connery
        Suck it Trebek!

Comment

I love Harris, but you're forgetting that this isn't last year's Seahawks' O-line. He played a pretty terrible interior line, actually. But, he's nearing where Henderson and Williams are, and has a ways to go before he gets to Shaun Rogers.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

The NFC North is a hell of a division for defensive tackles: Kevin Williams of the Vikes, Shaun Rogers of the Lions and Tommie Harris of the Bears.

Throw in the Jaguars boys, Stroud and Henderson, and those are my picks for the 5 best deefensive tackles in the NFL. In any given order.
            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Though he has played well, there are a few DTs better. He is top 5, and if he keeps this up, probably top 3.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

He's a monster, and a pretty humble guy, all things considered. I'm not ready to put him in the HOF yet--especially as the Bears have a history of great defensive linemen (from Doug Atkins to Dan Hampton and Richard Dent). But if he continues to perform at the level he's been hitting lately... or, even scarier, if he continues to improve... well, he should probably consider buying a condo in Hawaii.

Comment

He is extremely good. And the defensive scheme that Chicago plays just lets him shine and look even better. However I don't think he is top 5 yet. Close though. Top 10 yes, but not top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                    He is extremely good. And the defensive scheme that Chicago plays just lets him shine and look even better. However I don't think he is top 5 yet. Close though. Top 10 yes, but not top 5.
                    Could you name 5 better? I can only say 3 are on his level or maybe a little better. Henderson Stroud and S Rogers.
                    Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                    Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123
                      Could you name 5 better? I can only say 3 are on his level or maybe a little better. Henderson Stroud and S Rogers.
                      Should we start bringing 3-4 NTs into the discussion or are we takling strictly 4-3.

Comment

Should we start bringing 3-4 NTs into the discussion or are we takling strictly 4-3.
                        4-3 because 3-4s have diff responsibilities, right?
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

4-3 because 3-4s have diff responsibilities, right?
                          Yes, but the original post said all DTs. On top of the three you listed, I still think Rod Coleman is better than Harris for now. And both those DTs are very similar in how they play the game. If Harris could keep this up all year, I would have to say Harris but I doubt he can keep this up because that would be quite the unbelievable season. When healthy Kris Jenkins is still better. He is also right on par with Haynesworth and Kevin Williams. So I would say there are 5 better than him in my opinion and then there are 2 more that he is interchangable with. 6-8 in my quick rankings. But if you add 3-4 players he would drop down a couple more spots.

Comment

Tommie is a beast. He's one of my favorite players. I use to watch him all the time when he played here at OU. Unfornuately he, and quite a few others, are on the bears

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

its kinda hard to put the tag on anybody being the best DT, but tommie harris is elite and i would love to have him on my team

Go Ravens!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information