No announcement yet.

Tommie Harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might be the best passrusing DT, but there are a lot of good DT's out there that merit consideration. But some of the one Jughead mentioned are a bit silly. Have you seen much of Tommie Harris? Keep this up? He was first team all NFL last year, this isn't some kind of fluke. He's been more or less dominant since he entered the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      He might be the best passrusing DT, but there are a lot of good DT's out there that merit consideration. But some of the one Jughead mentioned are a bit silly. Have you seen much of Tommie Harris? Keep this up? He was first team all NFL last year, this isn't some kind of fluke. He's been more or less dominant since he entered the league.
      Who is silly that I mentioned ahead of him? And I thought he was undeserving of being first team all NFL. He only received that honor becuase of the players around him. I put him in the 6-8 range as far as best 4-3 DTs. For such a passrushing threat, he only had 3 sacks last year. I know that isn't everything and you can still be disruptive without getting sacks but 3 is a bit low. This year he already has 5 which is amazing but I want to see him keep this pace. The scheme and talent around him really helps him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
        Who is silly that I mentioned ahead of him? And I thought he was undeserving of being first team all NFL. He only received that honor becuase of the players around him. I put him in the 6-8 range as far as best 4-3 DTs. For such a passrushing threat, he only had 3 sacks last year. I know that isn't everything and you can still be disruptive without getting sacks but 3 is a bit low. This year he already has 5 which is amazing but I want to see him keep this pace. The scheme and talent around him really helps him.
        Tommie is in the backfield on almost every play. He elevates the players around him and is double teamed most of the time. Both of the sacks he had last night were when he completely bulled both the guard and the center. He also has almost caught the handoff twice in the last two games now.

I like Rod Coleman. Rod Coleman ain't Tommie Harris. And while Kevin Williams might have been an elite DT in his first few years, his play has dropped off a bit for whatever reason. In terms of disruption I don't think anyone is better than Tommie (although I'd accept Shaun Rogers as just all around better). In terms of stopping the run I'd be glad to give you Henderson, Stroud, Hampton, etc. But nobody penetrates the interior line like Tommie. At least nobody that I've seen.

Comment

id have him top for me because he has his best years ahead of him, he has 5 sacks in 4 games :shock: which is awesome for a DT and also hes finally hit that next level which has made him reach his full potential, who knows, there may be more room for improvement

Comment

He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring players in a 3-4) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777
              He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring 3-4 NTs) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.
              I agree on Kevin Williams but Jenkins is playing pretty damn well again. It wasn't that he ws playing badly, the guy was hurt the last two years. The guy played in 5 games the last two seasons. Is it any suprise that Peppers is looking better than he has the last two seasons once Jenkins came back.

Comment

He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring 3-4 NTs) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.
                I agree on Kevin Williams but Jenkins is playing pretty damn well again. It wasn't that he ws playing badly, the guy was hurt the last two years. The guy played in 5 games the last two seasons. Is it any suprise that Peppers is looking better than he has the last two seasons once Jenkins came back.
                The fact that Jenkins is about a 20% to make it through a 16 game season is all the more reason to preclude him from this discussion. And so far the Panthers D does not look impressive at all. Is it that hard to remember the Falcons absolutely steam-rolling them in week 1?

Comment

The fact that Jenkins is about a 20% to make it through a 16 game season is all the more reason to preclude him from this discussion. And so far the Panthers D does not look impressive at all. Is it that hard to remember the Falcons absolutely steam-rolling them in week 1?
                  Thats just one game, the first of the year, against the number 1 rushing team in the NFL. And no one is even close to the Falcons rushing attack. Since then they have looked very well. But the problem with the Panthers is their LBs. Both Jenkins and Peppers have played very well.

Comment

Best in the league, no discussion? No way. He certainly makes a case for a top 5 DT, and probably is, but to say he's the best with no discussion is just silly.

Comment

I would not say the best yet but he is dam close hell of a player!!!

Comment

i don't know that he's the best, but the Colts D-line could sure use a Tommie Harris
                        Colt 4 life

Comment

Kevin Williams is WAY underrated.
                          "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                          4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Best 3-Technique in the NFL.

Comment

I loved Tommie Harris in college, and sad to see him go to the Bears. He does own, but I would only put him in top three.

Comment

No not yet, he still isn't a Pass Rusher/Run Stopper, but best pass rushing? Yes!
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information