• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta signs Joey Harrington

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Former No. 1 pick Harrington signs deal with Falcons

ESPN.com news services

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Joey Harrington on a two-year contract.

Financial terms of the deal were not available.

Harrington will replace Matt Schaub as Michael Vick's backup in Atlanta. Schaub signed a six-year, $48 million deal with the Houston Texans last month.

Last season, Harrington played in 11 games for the Miami Dolphins. He passed for 2,236 yards along with 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Before joining Miami, Harrington played four seasons with Detroit. The former University of Oregon standout was the third overall pick of the Lions in the 2002 NFL draft.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
    Last edited by Jay; 04-09-2007, 01:06 PM.

hes a solid backup, i guess that's a good move by the falcons

Comment

Now I don't feel so bad. I was concerned that Vick might not stay healthy. Harrington isn't great, but this will be the best team he's been on, talent wise, so he could be serviceable as a back-up.

Comment

decent move, beats drafting a guy in the mid rounds

Comment

Good signing by the Falcons

Comment

This puts to rest anyone who wants to say Vick isn't the best passer on his team

Comment

I really like this signing because it gives them a guy they can be confident in should Vick get crushed outside of the pocket again.

Comment

I don't see how anyone can be confident in Harrington. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad signing as he's certainly an upgrade over D.J Shockley, but if Vick is hurt or doesn't fufill his potential they are toast.

By the way, I can't wait for Scorchin to get on, his two favorite people.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  I don't see how anyone can be confident in Harrington. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad signing as he's certainly an upgrade over D.J Shockley, but if Vick is hurt or doesn't fufill his potential they are toast.

By the way, I can't wait for Scorchin to get on, his two favorite people.
                  1st - I think Scorchin was banned. I haven't seen him in forever. I would miss his trolling, but eacantdraft has adequately filled that role.

2nd - Harrington is better than any of the other options out there. Though I agree with you, this team only goes as far as Michael Vick can take them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    1st - I think Scorchin was banned. I haven't seen him in forever. I would miss his trolling, but eacantdraft has adequately filled that role.

2nd - Harrington is better than any of the other options out there. Though I agree with you, this team only goes as far as Michael Vick can take them.
                    Scorchin is under the name NFLFanBoy. He was also under a different name before that. He's always easy to spot because he only talks about the same three things and he never uses capital letters.

Comment

Yeah I remember that. I haven't seen any of his derivatives around either.

Comment

I still hope they give Shockley the chance to win the backup job

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                          I still hope they give Shockley the chance to win the backup job
                          I think he's going to get cut, honestly. If the new staff liked Shockley, they wouldn't have signed two Quarterbacks. Redman will stick around to help 'install' the offense, Harrington will be the back-up, Vick the starter.
                          Last edited by Shiver; 04-09-2007, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I agree with the move to bring in some guys at QB because Vick is alway 1 play away from going down with a injury. I just don't see why everyone hates shockley so much. The only time he had a chance to play was pre season and he played very good then.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                              I agree with the move to bring in some guys at QB because Vick is alway 1 play away from going down with a injury. I just don't see why everyone hates shockley so much. The only time he had a chance to play was pre season and he played very good then.
                              I don't think anyone even cares about Shockley, let alone hates him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information