Broncos give Shanahan three year extention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still hasn't won the big one without Elway. :D

Good for Mike, he's been a hell of a coach and seems on the verge of big things in the coming years. Its good to start hearing some good news come out of Denver in light of all the bad news that was coming out.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      *sigh* the rep feature should be removed from people who haven't passed a Rep IQ test. i'll write it if Windy will administer it and 51 will grade it.
      Fortunately, his rep is so low it's tantamount to shooting Superman with a 9mm.

Comment

Don't tug on Superman's cape Chucky. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Fortunately, his rep is so low it's tantamount to shooting Superman with a 9mm.

I once got Neg Repped by TNew.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
            I once got Neg Repped by TNew.
            Does that even count as negative rep?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              Does that even count as negative rep?
              Nope. If you're in the red, you can't hand out any rep. Although a good idea would to make it so that if a guy like TNew gave you -rep, it should become +rep and triple your count. Because disagreeing with TNew automatically makes you smart.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Sean Payton? Sean Payton is fine and original coach, but he hasn't won anything. Let's give him a couple of seasons under his belt before we break out the annointing oil.

As for John Fox, he's had two tremendous seasons, and then some huge stinkers. I like the guy, but tend to think he's a bit overrated (like putting him as one of the best), and I've heard more rumblings from Panthers fans as of late. I think he's on the hotseat this year and will need to at least make the playoffs.

I really think the only legit coaches you could put vs. Shanny are Holmgren, Dungy, Reid, and Gruden (though I personally don't like Gruden much at all).
                Im hoping Fox gets fired. You can probably pencil him in as the next Giants HC if thats the case. The Giants LOVE Fox. They never wanted to let him go, but had no choice. If he's available, you can kiss Coughlin goodbye and say hello to Fox in Giant blue. I love his defense, he runs one of the few 4-3 schemes that I personally like.

As for Shanny being the 2nd best...I dunno. I have Holmgren ahead of him. I think Holmgren's success with multiple qbs and multiple teams gives him the nod. If Reid ever wins a SB, he'll be ahead, but right now, no.

I guess he's #3 on the list. While I agree that Bellichick is the best, I think he's overrated in the context of history. I need to see him win without Brady before I give him more credit than some other guys. You can make the argument that Holmgren is the best HC in the NFL, not Bellichick.

Comment

John Fox wont get fired, the teams had a lot of injury problems and Jerry Richardson knows that. We've taken steps this year to improve the teams coaching staff and hopefully we can get healthy and take some rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    John Fox wont get fired, the teams had a lot of injury problems and Jerry Richardson knows that. We've taken steps this year to improve the teams coaching staff and hopefully we can get healthy and take some rings.
                    But what if you guys have another bad season?

Its possible. The oline could be better, Foster is the starter again, Dellhomme hasn't played well.

Rucker is aging, Morgan is injury prone...Keyshawn is aging, theres no guarantee that Fox has a good year. And that means he could get fired.

Chances are he won't, but a Giants fan can only dream...

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information