Vick now 5th in NFL in rush yards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number 10

Alright....I'm just saying that he is going to take a serious hit sooner or later if he keeps running. But don't get me wrong, I love the way he is playing right now and I am glad tha they are making me look good by picking them to win the NFC. They just have to be careful that they don't start letting Vick loose to the point where he is running the ball in the middle of the field 10 times a game, which may happen as the season grows older.
    last year the most serious 2 hits he took were in the pocket. one was when he sprained his knee the other knocked him out for 3-4 plays because ti knocked the wind out fo him. Vick is a damn good player but his running around and not getting hit in the pocket will help him. If only Knapp was smart enought to have Vick in a moving pocket or on bootlegs all the time the way Plummer does in Dever the Falcons would be a better passing team (not because Vick isn't a good passer, he just isn't a good stationary passer. on the run he si a beast.)

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by TCU
      i agree i dont think he will ever transform into a west coast QB i think that was stupid to even try it with Mike Vick, he is the only QB in the league who can pull off scrambling all day long, no one else is even close.
      well they coudl do the Denver WCO style with the boots and the moving pockets to go along with the spread option looks they give. it would make the offense pretty hard to stop and the run game would still be effective. they could also do a lot more PA with Vick and have him fake the stratch right and boot left on a pass/run option where he would throw deep to Lelie, intermediate to Jenkins, short to crump or just take off.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Originally posted by scar988
        Originally posted by Number 10

Alright....I'm just saying that he is going to take a serious hit sooner or later if he keeps running. But don't get me wrong, I love the way he is playing right now and I am glad tha they are making me look good by picking them to win the NFC. They just have to be careful that they don't start letting Vick loose to the point where he is running the ball in the middle of the field 10 times a game, which may happen as the season grows older.
        last year the most serious 2 hits he took were in the pocket. one was when he sprained his knee the other knocked him out for 3-4 plays because ti knocked the wind out fo him. Vick is a damn good player but his running around and not getting hit in the pocket will help him. If only Knapp was smart enought to have Vick in a moving pocket or on bootlegs all the time the way Plummer does in Dever the Falcons would be a better passing team (not because Vick isn't a good passer, he just isn't a good stationary passer. on the run he si a beast.)
        Well he did break his leg on a scramble but that is besides the point. The moving pocket also helps his vision. I think that has more to do with it more than him running. He is tiny. Falcons generally have shorter OL if I can recall but getting him in open vision just helps him see the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
          Well he did break his leg on a scramble but that is besides the point. The moving pocket also helps his vision. I think that has more to do with it more than him running. He is tiny. Falcons generally have shorter OL if I can recall but getting him in open vision just helps him see the field.
          that it does but our tallest starting OL is Todd Wiener our RT. he is 6'5" our LG and LT are both 6'4" and our RG and C are 6'3" a lot shorter than the normal line.,

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

What's the single season rushing record for a quarterback? Does Vick have it?

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
              Vick doesn't have it. I know Cunningham ran for more than Vick's best when he ran for 942.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777
                Originally posted by frogstomp
                Vick doesn't have it. I know Cunningham ran for more than Vick's best when he ran for 942.
                That's what I thought. I know Vick has the single game record, but I didn't think he had the season. Thanks.

Comment

The record is held by a no-name white guy from the mid 70's. I can't remember his name right now, but he had about 970 yards or so, just a little bit better than Randall and Vick, who each had in the 930-945 range in their best seasons. No QB has ever rushed for over 1,000 yards in season.
                  Originally posted by 21ST
                  He was protecting his self
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein
                  From what? His leg?
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                  That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                  "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

He will get hurt before he gets 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
                      He will get hurt before he gets 1000.

Comment

What and saying he will get 1000 is any differnt nobody knows what will happen I think he will get hurt like always.

Comment

he doesnt even get him like that when he scrambles, why do you guys act like when he runs he goes head up with safeties and lb's and takes punishment, he takes some hits, but still goes out of bounds or slides...

and im sure everyone loves to say he will get hurt, thats the only thing you can say for mike vick if you dont like what he does or think it works...he'll just keep proving people wrong....

people said he couldnt run for 80 yds a game in the NFL, people were faster...now that he can, the only comeback is, "well he's gonna get hurt soon they better stop" :roll:

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
                            What and saying he will get 1000 is any differnt nobody knows what will happen I think he will get hurt like always.

Chad Pennington?
                            Carson Palmer?

Even McNabb, when he stopped running, still misses more games than Vick does. Vick had the one fibula injury, besides that, he has missed two games due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
                              he doesnt even get him like that when he scrambles, why do you guys act like when he runs he goes head up with safeties and lb's and takes punishment, he takes some hits, but still goes out of bounds or slides...

and im sure everyone loves to say he will get hurt, thats the only thing you can say for mike vick if you dont like what he does or think it works...he'll just keep proving people wrong....

people said he couldnt run for 80 yds a game in the NFL, people were faster...now that he can, the only comeback is, "well he's gonna get hurt soon they better stop" :roll:
                              I never said I didn't like him but if he keeps trying to be superman and jumping over people and diving he is going to get hurt that is all there is to it.

Comment

=

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information