Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Brandon Jacobs????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post

3. Cadillac Williams has been rather disappointing its not like he’s a bust or anything he still has time to turn it around, he just has to stay healthy. But can he?
    Okay, being the rookie of the year is disappointing? What has Jacobs done? What accolades does Ronnie Brown have?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      Cedric Benson.
      He does have flame tatoos on his arms after all. That's gotta count for something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        He does have flame tatoos on his arms after all. That's gotta count for something.
        You think you guys will draft a skatback in later rounds? Benson doesn't have breakaway speed.

I noticed Thomas Jones speed was key sometimes. He'd come in and make a big play. Benson doesn't have that ability.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          You think you guys will draft a skatback in later rounds? Benson doesn't have breakaway speed.

I noticed Thomas Jones speed was key sometimes. He'd come in and make a big play. Benson doesn't have that ability.
          Benson actually has more long yardage plays per run than Jones. Jones is often stereotyped as the shift breakaway back and Benson as the grinder but neither is really all that accurate.

As for when we will draft a runningback, that's the 45 dollar question. Any chance they get the brass talks about how much they like AP and how excited they are to have him as the #2. While he's done well when given a chance, his upside is pretty limited. If Darius Walker or Kenny Irons are available in the late 3rd I would probably bite depending on what else is available.

Comment

I don't see how any one could put Brandon Jacobs any better then 3rd out of the three.

Comment

Benson actually has more long yardage plays per run than Jones. Jones is often stereotyped as the shift breakaway back and Benson as the grinder but neither is really all that accurate.

As for when we will draft a runningback, that's the 45 dollar question. Any chance they get the brass talks about how much they like AP and how excited they are to have him as the #2. While he's done well when given a chance, his upside is pretty limited. If Darius Walker or Kenny Irons are available in the late 3rd I would probably bite depending on what else is available.
              That stat is misleading though. Benson didn't have enough carries to really bring down his YPC.

Jacobs has a huge YPC too. But thats naturally not his true worth.

Is AP a change of pace guy? Or another bruiser?

Comment

I think without the injury concerns Caddy would be number 1 on the list. However that may be the homer in me speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  That stat is misleading though. Benson didn't have enough carries to really bring down his YPC.

Jacobs has a huge YPC too. But thats naturally not his true worth.

Is AP a change of pace guy? Or another bruiser?
                  No it's not YPC, it's long runs per average run. You could say that more runs would balance it out, I dunno, but Benson per run breaks more long runs. Their YPC were the same.

I dunno what AP is. He's just pretty good at everything but not good at anything. I guess you could call him a grinder as he set the record for most yards rushed for in college at Georgia Southern. I like him cause he's tough and has pretty good hands out of the backfield.

Comment

No it's not YPC, it's long runs per average run. You could say that more runs would balance it out, I dunno, but Benson per run breaks more long runs. Their YPC were the same.

I dunno what AP is. He's just pretty good at everything but not good at anything. I guess you could call him a grinder as he set the record for most yards rushed for in college at Georgia Southern. I like him cause he's tough and has pretty good hands out of the backfield.
                    If thats the case, I don't see you guys going after a RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if you invest in some Cover 2 CBs since your guys are coming into a contract year.

Comment

can we wait untill these guys have all played a couple years? jacobs and benson havent had the chance to start. All 4 are very talented, but its pretty hard to judge 2 years into a guys' career- if we did phill simms and terry bradshaw wouldn't be in a booth with shiny rings
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

If Jacobs plays as well as he did in the limited carries he got, then he'd be it. But with his running style it's questionable how long he'd last through a full season. Until he proves anything, then he'll be last out of the three.

Comment

The fact Williams can’t stay healthy is what’s disappointing (that’s why he isn’t great..yet), and he needs to get that 3.8 avg a carrie up he’s better than that, like I said he has time to turn it around. I’ve heard a few people bring up the B word and that’s ridiculous.

I'm just a bigger fan of Jacobs right now, I think he is going to have a huge season.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

If anyone says jacobs they are idiotic or a Giants for actually nevermind.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              If anyone says jacobs they are idiotic or a Giants for actually nevermind.
                              Esp if u think Peterson, Lynch, my mom has an upright running style. Please.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information