Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Brandon Jacobs????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both have proved to be better than Jacobs. Jacobs is good for 10 carries a gayme. But once people actually hit him, which for me wouldnt be a problem, he will quickly lose that *** ******, 5th grade 190 lber style of running. It hasnt worked ever for anyone. Esp. Brandon Stokley i mean Jacobs.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

But I'll hate being right again 9 months from now when he has 700 yrds rushing and Droughns starts over him
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

ronnie, cad, jacob. But i dont like any of them to be honest. I dont like their run styles, I used to think Caddy was a speed back but he played like trash last year. Maybe TB should pick Joe Thomas, what happend to Mr.Clayton anyways.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

1-Brown
          2-Cadillac
          3-Jacobs

GRF, for the 100th time your threads are beyond ridiculous. Let's see if Jacobs can get through an entire year as the starter without getting hurt (which is my biggest fear of him).

Personally, I think he will be alright, he is working out with Tiki's trainer this year and has been taking yoga classes to work on his agility. But in the end, he is a bruiser and a very tall one at that and look no further than Eddie George to find out what happens to tall bruisers. I am afraid his legs are going to take a pounding but if he does stay on the field for 16 games, he is going to hurt a lot of people. But Brown and Caddy have proven more at this time, thus them being ranked ahead of him.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Um...I already stated that I have him rated 3rd...so whats your point?

Im not sold on Jacobs yet either. I will admit though, he has proved me wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              Both have proved to be better than Jacobs. Jacobs is good for 10 carries a gayme. But once people actually hit him, which for me wouldnt be a problem, he will quickly lose that *** ******, 5th grade 190 lber style of running. It hasnt worked ever for anyone. Esp. Brandon Stokley i mean Jacobs.
              Oh really? They've proved to be better than Jacobs? What have you actually seen Jacobs do?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0K79UadKh4
              I'm pretty sure people were actually hitting him there and he still kept running over them. I'm not sure what that whole sentence was supposed to be mean. Stokely? Was that some sort of witty joke or are you just straight up ********?

And don't tell me there hasn't been a good RB that was known for his bruising running style...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcrYwErP_nw

Dude weighs 270 and ran a 4.5 40. He's a beast, and he's been working with Tiki's trainer lately, the same trainer that Tiki started using when he broke out and kept Tiki healthy.

Comment

There is no way that Jacobs is even close to the two, caddy and ronnie are two very different backs, in that caddy is more of a homerun threat/ gamechanger, while ronnie is a more between the tackles guy, who is a better blocker and reciever, but i am a bucs fan so i will go with caddy, especcially considering he was a big part in getting hte bucs to the playoffs, two years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.
                  He really does. That's one thing Ricky did so well, even when he came back after retirement, he was so good as seeing the cutback lane. It also help that we ran the counter trey which Ricky was ridiculous at. I really hope Cameron can get all of Brown's potential unlocked, maybe with an actual FB and a real OC he might be able to break out.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    He really does. That's one thing Ricky did so well, even when he came back after retirement, he was so good as seeing the cutback lane. It also help that we ran the counter trey which Ricky was ridiculous at. I really hope Cameron can get all of Brown's potential unlocked, maybe with an actual FB and a real OC he might be able to break out.
                    Any time you have a RB with average vision, they usually do MUCH better with a good FB in front of them. Ronnie's numbers will go up with more Iform sets.

Cameron likes using the Iform. He'll get the most out of Ronnie.

But he NEEDS better blocking up front. So who knows. Miami's draft will be key.

Comment

The right side and center are good, left side is ehh right now, LG could be good, LT is iffy (please trade up for Joe Thomas), so he could have a decent year. Behind the right side last year he averaged like over 5 and on the left it was around 3.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        The right side and center are good, left side is ehh right now, LG could be good, LT is iffy (please trade up for Joe Thomas), so he could have a decent year. Behind the right side last year he averaged like over 5 and on the left it was around 3.
                        How's the pass protection?

Im trying to figure out what Miami needs and what not. I'll frequent the Miami team thread tomorrow to get a better idea and have some good discussion.

Comment

Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.

Comment

none of them seems to be a fulltime starter. all need another guy to be successfull . when they came out they were talks about on of the best vintages for RBs . now , a few years later i look back and have to say : disappointment.

Comment

I see Giants Rutgers fan has been wearing the homer glasses again.

Jacobs has alot more to prove than either of the other two. He has never been a starter in this league.

Comment

Jacobs running style will be favorable for the 6-12 rushes a game. If he can sustain that style, effectively miss taking on the big hit, because more often than not he wastes energy and doesn't deliver the hit as is seen in the two youtube videos someone posted. If he was taught to run a little lower, leverage going more forward, and too miss some hits, then he could be a highly effective full load carrying back. But he has yet to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information