Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Brandon Jacobs????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really amazed that we were able to get 3 pages of posts about which second or third tier RB is best. None of these guys is an elite RB in the NFL. Because of their various issues (injuries, skill set, unproven) and the fact that none of them has an elite OLine in from of him, that is not likely to change.

If I was starting a franchise and had to pick one of them, I'd probably have to go with Cadillac. Despite his injury issues, he held up to a 400 carry season 2 years ago, and he had decent production behind an obviously poor OLine. A close second is Ronnie Brown, who has more versatility, but hasn't shown anything as a full time runner. Third is Jacobs, who has plenty of talent, but has been held back by the presence of all-pro Tiki Barber. I think we'll know a lot more about this question in January. Right now, it's a bit of a joke...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
      Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.
      Don't make the same mistake D-Unit made.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

carnell williams
        ronnie brown

brandon jacobs

Originally posted by mythbusta
        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
        who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
          Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.
          that must be why he averaged four and a half ypc last year.

Originally posted by mythbusta
          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
          who dey?

Comment

Ronnie Brown, IMo I think he'll have the better career down the road.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I voted for Cadillac. I think he will turn it around this year.

Comment

Yes, everyone please vote for the best of the third tier RB's in the NFL. This vote is critical...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.
                  That's a thing that turned me off to Ronnie when he was coming out, too. If you watched Brown and Williams play while they were at Auburn, there was absolutely no comparison as to who had the better natural running ability. The way that Cadillac was able to pick his way through traffic is incredibly fun to watch.

Brown is more of a jack-of-all-trades player. He does a little bit of everything well, but he's not amazing in any one area.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    If I was starting a franchise and had to pick one of them, I'd probably have to go with Cadillac. Despite his injury issues, he held up to a 400 carry season 2 years ago, and he had decent production behind an obviously poor OLine. A close second is Ronnie Brown, who has more versatility, but hasn't shown anything as a full time runner. Third is Jacobs, who has plenty of talent, but has been held back by the presence of all-pro Tiki Barber. I think we'll know a lot more about this question in January. Right now, it's a bit of a joke...
                    Cadillac Williams had 290 rushing attempts in 2005, which combined with 20 receptions made 310 touches. Your numbers are significantly wrong.

(gg to NFL.com for listing him as Cadillac Williams.)
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Thanks for updating me. Regardless, he is the only one who has held up as a feature back for a full season.

Comment

In college Cadillac was the best of the 3. So far in the pros it looks like Brown.

Brandon Jacobs is a punk all he does is talk trash about LSU and the Saints because Saban pulled his schooly when he had to go JUCO and because Saban wanted him to play DE were I still think he would have been better at. Jacobs isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Comment

I'll take Ronnie Brown.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                            that must be why he averaged four and a half ypc last year.

Good for him, he played the skins twice.. He still sucks donkey nuggets...

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              Don't make the same mistake D-Unit made.

What mistake, saying that Brandon Jacobs is nothing more than a goaline back who has proven nothing as a starter? Until he proves something my opinion is the same of him..

Comment

Ronnie Brown is the best, why is Jacobs even on the list???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information