Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Brandon Jacobs????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
    Good for him, he played the skins twice.. He still sucks donkey nuggets...
    well, than dont say he can only get you one yard. He got 4.4 last year. In case you didnt know, that is not 1 yard.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

Comment

I think caddy is by far the best of the bunch

1.caddy
      2.ronnie
      3.bj

Comment

Because Ronnie, Caddy, and Jacobs were all teammates for 1 year at Auburn. They were all rookies the same year. Basically, they're all lesser tier RB's, and this thread is useless.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

What mistake, saying that Brandon Jacobs is nothing more than a goaline back who has proven nothing as a starter? Until he proves something my opinion is the same of him..
          Underrating him....and then watching him crush the hardest hitters on the field as if it was an 18 year old playing Pop Warner.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Gotta love Skins fans. Forget the fact that the Giants mutilate their run defense, Jacobs suckzz@!!!!1111

Lets all pray that the Skins forever suck.

Comment

BBD, we wont have to pray to hard
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Gotta love Skins fans. Forget the fact that the Giants mutilate their run defense, Jacobs suckzz@!!!!1111

Lets all pray that the Skins forever suck.
                No Tiki Barber mutilates our defense....

Brandon Jacobs didn't do jack squat: 15 carries for 51 yards and 0 TDs for an average 3.4 YPC. And that was after Tiki finished raping our defense. Jacobs looks great behind Tiki, but lets see how well he does on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  No Tiki Barber mutilates our defense....

Brandon Jacobs didn't do jack squat: 15 carries for 51 yards and 0 TDs for an average 3.4 YPC. And that was after Tiki finished raping our defense. Jacobs looks great behind Tiki, but lets see how well he does on his own.
                  To be honest, I have my worries as Ive stated earlier.

I think our oline dominates your dline moreso than Tiki your defense. You can't give up that many yards on the ground and be stoute at the point of attack. A RB cant do all that by himself, it has to be the dline just getting worked.

Thats the only thing I can think of.

And dont go by stats. Our offense was so predictable. Anytime Jacobs went in the game, you knew it was a run. Teams stacked the box everytime he went in. Whereas Tiki ran on nickel defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    To be honest, I have my worries as Ive stated earlier.

I think our oline dominates your dline moreso than Tiki your defense. You can't give up that many yards on the ground and be stoute at the point of attack. A RB cant do all that by himself, it has to be the dline just getting worked.

Thats the only thing I can think of.

And dont go by stats. Our offense was so predictable. Anytime Jacobs went in the game, you knew it was a run. Teams stacked the box everytime he went in. Whereas Tiki ran on nickel defenses.
                    True, but Jacobs will be much easier to contain. He doesn't have the "get to edge speed" to outrun McIntosh or Washington. Or to take those little screens Tiki would break for 20+ yards.

Jacobs makes your offense even more predictable. Not to mention we got a real MLB this time. Finn is a great FB, but he would break through our DLine and push Marshall back 7+ yards every down. London Fletcher ain't gonna let that happen.

You can't defend him around the Goal line, but he can be contained elsewhere on the field. A lot more responsibility will fall on Manning to get your offense moving.
                    Last edited by skinzzfan25; 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.
                      Yeah, Roy Williams is a reject player. There was a play against the cowboys last year where he carried about 6-8 players. You're an idiot and haven't watched a Giants game if you think he's only a short yardage back.

What mistake, saying that Brandon Jacobs is nothing more than a goaline back who has proven nothing as a starter? Until he proves something my opinion is the same of him..
                      Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      Jacobs running style will be favorable for the 6-12 rushes a game. If he can sustain that style, effectively miss taking on the big hit, because more often than not he wastes energy and doesn't deliver the hit as is seen in the two youtube videos someone posted. If he was taught to run a little lower, leverage going more forward, and too miss some hits, then he could be a highly effective full load carrying back. But he has yet to do that.
                      True, but Jacobs will be much easier to contain. He doesn't have the "get to edge speed" to outrun McIntosh or Washington. Or to take those little screens Tiki would break for 20+ yards.

Jacobs makes your offense even more predictable. Not to mention we got a real MLB this time. Finn is a great FB, but he would break through our DLine and push Marshall back 7+ yards every down. London Fletcher ain't gonna let that happen.

You can't defend him around the Goal line, but he can be contained elsewhere on the field. A lot more responsibility will fall on Manning to get your offense moving.
                      It seems that people still think Jacobs is just a slow Goal Line RB...he's not. He actually ran a 4.5, and he's shown he can run a good screen. I remember last year on a 3rd and long play they threw him a screen and he got the first down on it. Against the Colts he leaped over a defender; he can make people miss. He is athletic.

Comment

That is actually a very good post, and I don't wanna hear this trash that Jacobs is a great breakaway runner because of a 4.5 40 please, Jacobs is a good back no doubt but he hardly scares me like the other 2 backs in this poll.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                          That is actually a very good post, and I don't wanna hear this trash that Jacobs is a great breakaway runner because of a 4.5 40 please, Jacobs is a good back no doubt but he hardly scares me like the other 2 backs in this poll.
                          His 40 time is 4.56, I hate how homers round down so drastically. His 3 cone is 7.53 (bad), that is a true indicator of his quickness and elusiveness. He has the body and agility of a TE, and that's not a good thing at the RB position.

It's shocking to see how many votes he got, but the most shocking thing is that most if not all of those votes were serious and not just homer jokes....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            His 40 time is 4.56, I hate how homers round down so drastically. His 3 cone is 7.53 (bad), that is a true indicator of his quickness and elusiveness. He has the body and agility of a TE, and that's not a good thing at the RB position.

It's shocking to see how many votes he got, but the most shocking thing is that most if not all of those votes were serious and not just homer jokes....
                            Or neither Brown or Cadillac are that good.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ronnie Brown and its not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                Or neither Brown or Cadillac are that good.
                                Or maybe you're not that good and you're a troll....? That's about right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information