Patella Tendon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patella Tendon?

What exactly is the patella tendon? Is it worse than a ACL tear? Can you come back full speed from it?

(and yes I am asking this because of Gary Baxter)

They say that it is worse. That's all I know.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

patella tendon

The patella tendon is the insertion point for all four regions of your quadricept. It is located right above the knee(aka patella). I do not know much about injuring it but i assume its really bad since you're quadricept is a very important muscle.

Comment

Thats what I hear too.

Comment

Originally posted by ThALiVinLeGeND View Post
          The patella tendon is the insertion point for all four regions of your quadricept. It is located right above the knee(aka patella). I do not know much about injuring it but i assume its really bad since you're quadricept is a very important muscle.
          That is some good insight, thanks.

Comment

If Gary comes back from this (doesn't matter when) he is a legit freak and his DNA need preserved.

He claims he is already full strength and plans to be back this year, CRAZY...i can only hope this is true. Though i do think he would have to make the move to FS, putting Pool at CB.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by ThALiVinLeGeND View Post

What the hell is a quadricept

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                What the hell is a quadricept
                your quad? aka the wrong part of your leg..aka the opposite side of the hamstring

if u didnt see the interview..you to nfl.com and watch it. very inspiring and sad but great to see him back

"It can be career ending or career defining. Im making it career defining."

"Those who doubt me, i'll prove them wrong"
                Last edited by remix 6; 04-09-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

i think Achilles is way worse

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                    i think Achilles is way worse
                    no way.

we've seen achiles injuries..LaVar to name 1..he was immobilized completely like Baxter.

Petella is your knee..you need your knees to keep you up

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                      no way.

we've seen achiles injuries..LaVar to name 1..he was immobilized completely like Baxter.

Petella is your knee..you need your knees to keep you up
                      sorry it was a poor joke about the thread starter:)

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

alright bro, well bein in medschool and working in a physical therapy clinic everyday i can tell ya that this is a pretty rare injury, in half a year ive seen 1..to put that into perspective ive seen about 8 acl injuries.. Not to put you to sleep with what exactly the patellar (you may also see it written as patella..both are correct) tendon is ill give ya a brief overview of what it does and why its such a serious injury; its a knee extension injury; When the tendon ruptures it basically loses support to the tibia (shin bone). When you lose this support you are basically unable to straighten your knee out. Being that the tendon is outside the joint it cannot be repaired arthroscopically thus surgery is needed. The main problem comes from the fact that it is such a strong tendon, when fixed there is generally a significant amount of weakness and pain. More often than not when someone in their 20s ruptures this tendon it usually means steroid usage, although that is not 100%. And there are those who make completely healthy recoveries, ive seen it. Hope that was helpful.
                        Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Patella Tendon is gods way to destroy the whats left of the Cleveland Browns franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                            your quad? aka the wrong part of your leg..aka the opposite side of the hamstring

if u didnt see the interview..you to nfl.com and watch it. very inspiring and sad but great to see him back

"It can be career ending or career defining. Im making it career defining."

"Those who doubt me, i'll prove them wrong"
                            I was just pointing out a sp error. I know what the quadricep is duh.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                              Patella Tendon is gods way to destroy the whats left of the Cleveland Browns franchise.
                              Or moving to Baltimore.....

......Or drafting Tim Couch

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information