Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better QB? Marino or Favre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
    for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
    Favre has thrown 273 interceptions and Marino has thrown 252...Really not that great of a difference.

    Marino averaged 15.75 interceptions a season to Favre's 19.3.

    Marino's QB Rating: 86.38
    Favre's QB Rating: 85.05

    Very similar statistically.
    Last edited by Moses; 04-10-2007, 01:40 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Favre > Marino > All Others
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Moses View Post
        Marino averaged 15.75 interceptions a season to Favre's 19.3.
        This is a huge difference....

        There is a reason Favre is going to set the all time INT record.

        Comment


        • #19
          Favre is gonna break the TD record next year too.

          This is just gonna be a big homer fest, and another reason to hate the Packer and Dolphin fans.

          That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
            for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
            Favre can break Marino's TD record in a shorter time than Marino set it.

            Dan Marino: 420 TD's
            Brett Favre: 414 TD's

            Marino: 240 Starts
            Favre: 237(consecutive) Starts

            6TD's in 2 Games, does anyone else but me think he can do it.


            Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
            This is a huge difference....

            There is a reason Favre is going to set the all time INT record.
            Hmmm... he had no blocking in '05???????



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #21
              It was a hard decision, but I went with Dan Marino.

              True story: I once met Dan Marino in a bathroom. It was... weird. He was walking in while I was waiting for my brother (who was like 8 at the time) and I immediately darted out. He wasn't the nicest of guys...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jay View Post
                It was a hard decision, but I went with Dan Marino.

                True story: I once met Dan Marino in a bathroom. It was... weird. He was walking in while I was waiting for my brother (who was like 8 at the time) and I immediately darted out. He wasn't the nicest of guys...
                Then DEAR GOD whyd you vote for him?!?!?!?!?!? Most guys in the NFL are probably abit pissed all the time with people coming up to them and asking for an autograph



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #23
                  The story is not why I voted for him... and I was 15 and my brother was like 8, he didn't have to be rude. It's not like we followed him into the bathroom...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Well, I guess it's written in stone now, Favre will forever have the free pass of being a "QB who plays like a LB" and everyone will forget that the second half of his career has been marked by repeated mistakes that took the Packers out of any chance to be a consistent SB contender. Everyone will forget how he single-handedly threw away playoff games three or four years in a row when the Packers' window was still open, and after it was closed, how he lingered on, playing his selfish little retirement games, and making the Packers wait on him instead of moving forward on solid footing.

                    I know you all will tell me right now that I just hate him because I am a Lions fan and Bearsfan will be sure to insult the Lions and say they haven't had a QB in 40 years. Doesn't change the truth about Favre though.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
                      Well, I guess it's written in stone now, Favre will forever have the free pass of being a "QB who plays like a LB" and everyone will forget that the second half of his career has been marked by repeated mistakes that took the Packers out of any chance to be a consistent SB contender. Everyone will forget how he single-handedly threw away playoff games three or four years in a row when the Packers' window was still open, and after it was closed, how he lingered on, playing his selfish little retirement games, and making the Packers wait on him instead of moving forward on solid footing.

                      I know you all will tell me right now that I just hate him because I am a Lions fan and Bearsfan will be sure to insult the Lions and say they haven't had a QB in 40 years. Doesn't change the truth about Favre though.
                      So your saying 4th and 26 was Favre's fault? Your saying the drafting of "great" players like RObert Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Terrance Murphy, Donnell Washington, and Ahmad Carroll is Favre's fault. Your saying that his 29 INTs in '05 was his fault, after he lost 2 probowl OG's?



                      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't understand why there are these limited comparisons here. Both Marino and Favre are all-time great QB's. Marino never won a ring, and Favre's SB was over 10 years ago. What is there to argue about here? They will both be in the Hall of Fame and will both have epic statlines when all is said and done. I refuse to vote here.



                        I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I've never been a fan of Brett Farve, I'm taking Marino.


                          Thanks to jackalope

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            As as fan I like Brett Favre a lot better but I think Dan was the better QB.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              you're saying the replacement guards threw those 29 passes?
                              no but they contributed to why he threw them. also that and the lack of a #2 WR and TE



                              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ah, so Favre is completely blameless here for not developing proper chemistry with his weapons, not getting rid of the ball in the right spots, and not throwing it away enough? You're over-defending him. What makes Favre great also makes him a poor QB at times. He thinks he can throw the ball into places he can't. Sometimes he succeeds. Other times, he throws 29 INT's...



                                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information