No announcement yet.

Better QB? Marino or Favre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh...this poll is just about dead even at this point. You could find facts and statistics and come up with arguments to support either one. It's nothing more than personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by flave1969 View Post
      I voted for Marino. In Marino's whole career only one running back had a 1000 yard season. That is 1 in 17 seasons. Favre by comparison was supported by 9 1000 yard rushers in 15 years in Green Bay.

The same point can be made in terms of defensive support.

Had Dan Marino had a better supporting cast he would have been unstoppable.

In the context that Marino had to play in IMO there has been no one better, he was the best pure passer ever.
      Dude Marino didnt have 1,000 yard rushers because the Dolphins threw 80% of the time. Favre was on teams that ran equally and his numbers still compare to Dan "I lost weight on nutri slim".

Comment

sorry wrong thing......

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          that's a fairly uneducated thing to say. but yeah, all those massively talented running backs that went to waste in miami... it's too bad shula never figured out how to run the ball.

why do people who don't have any idea what they're talking about consistently feel the need to hit submit?
          It is true that the Dolphins passed the ball a ton from what I know of Marino's years there.

Comment

Holmgren ran the West coast and so did his predecessors(Rhodes,Sherman and now McCarthy) and that type of offense requires RB's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Meh...this poll is just about dead even at this point. You could find facts and statistics and come up with arguments to support either one. It's nothing more than personal preference.
              very true...

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Of course Brett Favre

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Marino as a football player
                  Farve as an actor

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
                    First of all, I wasn't saying Favre isn't a Hall of Famer and an all-time great. He is certainly in the top 10. But not the top 5 imo. Too many mistakes, too much careless play.

Second, please spare me the excuses about poor receivers and guards and the sun getting in his eyes at Lambeau. I guess that means I can say Scott Mitchell and Joey Harrington were All-Pros except for having sucky players around them? No. You are what your results say you are.

Third, I don't blame "4th and 26" on him, but I seem to remember a string of playoff years when Favre threw costly late-game interceptions. And then there was that ridiculous play he made throwing some flip pass five yard past the line of scrimmage. Don't expect me to go look it all up.
                    Not top 5? That's laughable dude. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's now apparent that you're too biased to have an intelligent discussion. Favre only has 21 more INT's than Marino, but he also has more completions on less attempts, a higher completion percentage, and he will have more TD's when it's all said and done. Brett also hasn't missed a game in 16+ seasons, whereas Marino's longest run was 5 seasons. Using a margin of 21 INT's to negate all of the good things he did in his career is a pretty skewed perspective. I'm not even trying to say that Favre is better, they were both all time greats, it's just too close to call.

BTW, Favre's "results" say he was better than Marino. ;)
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Numbers aren't everything. They are good for discussion, but they aren't the end-all, be-all of an argument in this case. It is nearly impossible to truly compare most of the top QB's due to different eras, rules, etc. I think the only real way to do it is to list a top 10 all time. Both Marino and Favre have to be included in that list.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I believe both are very good QB's, there are arguments for both sides on who is better, in fact it is neck and neck close, its kind of like comparing Manning vs. Brady. I personally would be happy with either one of them, so personally I don't think there is a clear cut answer here.

I noticed an argument above, and it said since Marino had more passing attempts he should have more yards, I agree, however he should also than have more interceptions but he doesnt, so that can be counter argued. I mean even as a Packer fan I have to admit that the most impressive thing about Favre (and its not even close) is the fact that he has played so many consecutive games, that alone is very impressive and I have a hard time believing anyone will pass that record up in the next 30 years, unless we make a huge stride in curing injuries faster. Otherwise I doubt anyone will ever even touch that record (and i am not counting kickers and punters).
                        Sig Size Restriction, see rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                          Marino as a football player
                          Farve as an actor
                          I disagree. I'll take Favre as a player while giving props to Marino on his performance in Ace Ventura.

Comment

I love Isotoners. I am ambivalent towards cheese...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              I disagree. I'll take Favre as a player while giving props to Marino on his performance in Ace Ventura.
                              There's Something About Mary was a superior performance. :p
                              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                                There's Something About Mary was a superior performance. :p
                                It was close, for sure. Of course we all know that the best performance by a QB was Jim Kelly in "Necessary Roughness"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information