Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better QB? Marino or Favre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Look at the record books Favre after this year will almost all big once except for yards unless he throws for like 5000 yards. That says something i think, but in 10 years Manning will have brokin like all of them again and he will be the best of all time.

    Now Favre> Marino> Elway
    10 years Manning > Favre and Marino

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      So your saying 4th and 26 was Favre's fault? Your saying the drafting of "great" players like RObert Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Terrance Murphy, Donnell Washington, and Ahmad Carroll is Favre's fault. Your saying that his 29 INTs in '05 was his fault, after he lost 2 probowl OG's?
      Yeah he doesnt know what hes talking hes a lion fan, he tries to blame farve for everything in jeliousy because Favre can get his team somewhere while his beloved Lions cant go anywhere!

      he's right he's a typical Lion fan and Bear fan, hating on Favre cuz he owns your teams. So i will never take a Lion fans opinion on Favre because through out his career he beat there I LIKE EVADING THE CENSORS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL PRETTY for all those years. And not Bear fans because Packers and Bears are huge rivals so they hate him. Vikings I will though cuz them and the Packers have been very competive for most of his career. So there more honest IMO Lions and Bears fans....there not at all
      Last edited by njx9; 04-10-2007, 03:45 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Terry Bradshaw in Failure to Launch, it has to win he walked around naked haha

        Comment


        • #64
          I would take Dan Marino. I think his prime was far more impressive, because he was dominant in the tougher decade, for which to put up those numbers. In fact, his 48-TD season blows Peyton Manning away. Manning has had great stats in the generation for which it is easier to rack up passing accomplishments.
          Last edited by Shiver; 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
            Yeah he doesnt know what hes talking hes a lion fan, he tries to blame farve for everything in jeliousy because Favre can get his team somewhere while his beloved Lions cant go anywhere!

            he's right he's a typical Lion fan and Bear fan, hating on Favre cuz he owns your teams. So i will never take a Lion fans opinion on Favre because through out his career he beat there I LIKE EVADING THE CENSORS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL PRETTY for all those years. And not Bear fans because Packers and Bears are huge rivals so they hate him. Vikings I will though cuz them and the Packers have been very competive for most of his career. So there more honest IMO Lions and Bears fans....there not at all
            I don't know what made me laugh more there. The neat new word for "asses," or the general post.

            Hitman D

            "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by njx9
              you're saying the replacement guards threw those 29 passes?
              lol look who talking, your qb cant even get the ball out of his hands because ur oline cant block. The oline is a foundation for you qb to do well and if one side breaks, the hole everything supporting it will fall. Favre was trying to make plays thinking it might be his last game. He wants to leave as a winner.
              Last edited by PACKmanN; 04-10-2007, 04:32 PM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                Favre has thrown 273 interceptions and Marino has thrown 252...Really not that great of a difference.

                Marino averaged 15.75 interceptions a season to Favre's 19.3.

                Marino's QB Rating: 86.38
                Favre's QB Rating: 85.05

                Very similar statistically.
                i didnt know it was that close thanks for puttin them stats up there...i still think stand with my qb pick though

                Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                Comment


                • #68
                  Sorry, my only bias on Farve is against how he plays careless way too often (even Packers fans have admitted it in this thread) and gets no criticism for it because he's a media darling. Read Dr. Z's comments on Farve sometime.

                  QB's I would put above Favre: Montana, Marino, Elway, Manning, Steve Young, Tom Brady. Jim Kelly, Bradshaw, and Troy Aikman would be right on a par with Favre. So that puts him somewhere from 7-10.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                    This is a joke. When discussing Brady and Manning, Brady was automatically better because of rings. But the same discussion doesnt count with Marino?

                    Ill take Manning and Favre, over Mariono and Brady.
                    Way to contradict yourself.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Way to contradict yourself.
                      He was playing devil's advocate.

                      by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
                        Sorry, my only bias on Farve is against how he plays careless way too often (even Packers fans have admitted it in this thread) and gets no criticism for it because he's a media darling. Read Dr. Z's comments on Farve sometime.

                        QB's I would put above Favre: Montana, Marino, Elway, Manning, Steve Young, Tom Brady. Jim Kelly, Bradshaw, and Troy Aikman would be right on a par with Favre. So that puts him somewhere from 7-10.
                        TSN's top 50 QB's of all-time(Printed in '04 I believe) Had Favre at 7
                        1) Unitas
                        2) Montana
                        3) Otto Graham
                        4) Elway
                        5) Baugh
                        6) Marino
                        7) Favre
                        8) Bradshaw
                        9) Staubach
                        10) Starr
                        11/12/13) Young/Aikman/Tarkenton
                        I cant see how you can put Brady and Manning ahead of Favre, they havent got to the low point in their careers. And Young is iffy



                        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          you're assuming the packers will win two games next year.
                          You know what happens when you assume...

                          NOTHING

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Favre does make alot of careless mistakes but thats because he is very aggressive as a QB, and it does pay off alot for him. If Ron Wolfe wouldnt have left and let Sherman in as GM, his stats would be even better. Sherman did nothing for giving him weapons beside Walker. Sherman was such a bad drafter, and allowed the Packers to fall and make Favre force more stuff.

                            Marino shouldnt be seen as the 2nd best QB because he doesnt have a ring, the difference should be the stats. Farve wins i think because when he retires he will have almost all Marinos career records.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              you're assuming the packers will win two games next year.
                              Haven't you heard? They're a shoo-in for the Super Bowl.


                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Brett Farve

                                Baltimore: 7-4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information