Better QB? Marino or Favre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    Haven't you heard? They're a shoo-in for the Super Bowl.
    Thank you for your support of the Green Bay Packers.

Comment

Remind me to come back to this. Im too tired to write up something right now.

Tough tough question. One of the better comparison questions.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
        for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
        Marino has 252 INTs to Favre's 273. Marino isn't that far off

Comment

I voted Marino. Although he's a QB there are still 10 other guys on the field that have to produce. Marino never had a running game. Elway didn't win a ring either until Denver got a running game. Barry Sanders never won a superbowl either but he's much better than most (maybe all) other running backs that have.

Although there's not a lot of difference between the 2, it seems like many times when GB is behind, Favre starts pressing and trying to do too much. He throws an interception, and now they're down by more. So he now has to do even more, so he ends up throwing another interception.

By the way, I'm a Bears fan. But I like Favre as a QB, and he's way better than anybody the Bears have had since....well, since.

Comment

IMO, Favre
            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

I'll go with Marino, but it is pretty damn close.

Comment

I'll take Favre, the championship gives the edge to Favre for me.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Saying Favre is better because he has a ring is a horrible argument.
                  Teams win championships.

Alright I wante to add...Super bowl rings are too overrated when it comes to the hall and judging how worthy someone is of entering or just how good that QB actually was. Take Troy Aikman... decent QB on a stacked team (no salary cap)... three superbowls and hall of famer... Take Drew Bledsoe statistically better Qb and just better player IMO... zero "earned" rings... slim chance at the hall. Fair? No.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

marino

best pure passer the game has ever seen

Comment

Favre is a better leader and team member that also wona superbowl its not all about indy stats...

Comment

I will take Favre's mistakes, because you get those throws that only one other QB in NFL history could make.(Elway)

Marino was the best pure PASSER the NFL has ever seen(Moon is right up there.) However, both Favre and Elway were better QUARTERBACKS. You guys are using the Dolphins lack of a rushing game against Favre, but Dorsey Levens, Edgar Bennet? Neither of them really struck fear into the hearts of defenses. He had Ahman Green later in his career, and for a couple years he was one of the best RBs in the league. But other than that, it was because they were more worried about containing Favre than stopping the run.

Favre is going to break the major passing records, has more wins, has a super bowl win, and could move in the pocket. All those lead me to vote for Favre. Although, it is VERY, VERY close.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How could I forget to mention, 3 straight MVPs. No one else in NFL history has done that.
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dan Marino was amazing. I watched more of Favre and his durability is nothing short of stunning. It would be an interesting dilemma for a club: take Favre or Marino? I think Dan's the better passer, but Favre would allow you to not have to draft a QB for 17 years or so, using all those QB picks on the rest of your team.
                            The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                              Dan Marino was amazing. I watched more of Favre and his durability is nothing short of stunning. It would be an interesting dilemma for a club: take Favre or Marino? I think Dan's the better passer, but Favre would allow you to not have to draft a QB for 17 years or so, using all those QB picks on the rest of your team.
                              marino played a long time too

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                                Favre won a SB cant beat that.Both are HoF QBs but Favre is just a little bit better.
                                So this means that Bradshaw is better than both of them???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information