Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better QB? Marino or Favre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
    So this means that Bradshaw is better than both of them???

    Stop arguing the logical fallacy. Look at it this way, two cars are very similar. Same safety rating, look a lot alike. etc. All the measurables are near equal. However one of the cars gets better gas mileage while the other is a guzzler. You take the one that gets the good mileage. But that doesn't mean you buy a Geo Metro just because it's better than both on mileage.

    A lot more than "he has a ring" goes into that argument. No, Bradshaw isn't better than either of them because he has more rings. He was never comparable in the first place.

    If you honestly believe you made a rational argument, I suggest you start studying in English Lit. as soon as you return from that Spring Break you are spending making benign statements on here.


    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
      Stop arguing the logical fallacy. Look at it this way, two cars are very similar. Same safety rating, look a lot alike. etc. All the measurables are near equal. However one of the cars gets better gas mileage while the other is a guzzler. You take the one that gets the good mileage. But that doesn't mean you buy a Geo Metro just because it's better than both on mileage.

      A lot more than "he has a ring" goes into that argument. No, Bradshaw isn't better than either of them because he has more rings. He was never comparable in the first place.

      If you honestly believe you made a rational argument, I suggest you start studying in English Lit. as soon as you return from that Spring Break you are spending making benign statements on here.
      WTF are you talking about..? First off, My Spring Breaks are spent defending our country in 140 degree weather in the middle east, so stop acting like your superior to people.... Second thing, you're trying to make me feel stupid for putting your own philosophy to the test... Next time you put an idiotic post like that on a message board, prepare to get flamed...

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
        WTF are you talking about..? First off, My Spring Breaks are spent defending our country in 140 degree weather in the middle east, so stop acting like your superior to people.... Second thing, you're trying to make me feel stupid for putting your own philosophy to the test... Next time you put an idiotic post like that on a message board, prepare to get flamed...

        Centurion tries to gain tactical advantage in battle by asserting that he is, or was at one time, in the military. He affects the brusque demeanor and clipped style of a drill sergeant, and intimidates opponents by sprinkling his messages with military verbiage and obscure acronyms. He reinforces weak arguments by constantly reminding other Warriors that he has “done his duty”, or “served his country”. Sometimes Centurion may even post pictures of military hardware or images of himself in fatigues brandishing a weapon. Centurion may actually have a military background, or he may just be a nut case - no one really knows.


        Comment


        • #94
          You're an idiot...

          Comment


          • #95
            Something i can't stand in these who's the best QB conversations, is that people tend to go with the older QB. Well its not just Qbs, it's all players actually. Just because, someone played in say the 70's or 80's or even earlier there is always a bias to say that player is better than todays. Honestly, it makes no sense at all, take some of the players of the past... say Unitas and Graham... there is absolutly nothing that makes these guys better than the Favres, or the Marinos, or the Montana's of the world. Or take a player like Mike Singeltary... fantastic yes but, you compare him to one of todays finest like Junior Seau or Zach Thomas... people will always go with Singeltary. This is something I cant stand... obviously all these players all have huge names and that plays a huge role because, people tend to go with the name rather than the actual ability. It's so annoying. Alright one more... take Peyton Manning on pace to be statsistically the greatest QB of all-time, in a much faster/harder game than what was played in the past. Compare him to Joe Montana and guess which one people are going to take despite the fact that if you watch both these guys on tape... Peyton is the more dazzling of the two. It really is an unfair bias.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • #96
              Favre has a comfortable lead in the poll


              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                haha, I love it!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by FahvRay View Post
                  haha, I love it!
                  Keep doing nothing with your life buddy...

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Brett Favre.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      Favre has a comfortable lead in the poll
                      9% isn't a landslide, but it is a definite big win in any political race.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                        Keep doing nothing with your life buddy...
                        Who says he's not doing anything with his life? Because he can have a laugh at someone who falls back on their supposedly military experience in an attempt to legitimize their argument means his life is unproductive?

                        Get real.


                        Comment


                        • I doubt any quarterback will ever compare to Marino. He would've been ten times the passer he was if he didn't force it because he didn't have any help most of the time. He was also one of the more cerebral quarterbacks to play the game, he just trusted his arm way too much. The Fake Spike game is an example of why Marino is brilliant even though it's before my time.

                          Designs by Thule

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                            I doubt any quarterback will ever compare to Marino. He would've been ten times the passer he was if he didn't force it because he didn't have any help most of the time. He was also one of the more cerebral quarterbacks to play the game, he just trusted his arm way too much. The Fake Spike game is an example of why Marino is brilliant even though it's before my time.
                            Are you saying Marino's the greatest?



                            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Something i can't stand in these who's the best QB conversations, is that people tend to go with the older QB. Well its not just Qbs, it's all players actually. Just because, someone played in say the 70's or 80's or even earlier there is always a bias to say that player is better than todays. Honestly, it makes no sense at all, take some of the players of the past... say Unitas and Graham... there is absolutly nothing that makes these guys better than the Favres, or the Marinos, or the Montana's of the world. Or take a player like Mike Singeltary... fantastic yes but, you compare him to one of todays finest like Junior Seau or Zach Thomas... people will always go with Singeltary. This is something I cant stand... obviously all these players all have huge names and that plays a huge role because, people tend to go with the name rather than the actual ability. It's so annoying. Alright one more... take Peyton Manning on pace to be statsistically the greatest QB of all-time, in a much faster/harder game than what was played in the past. Compare him to Joe Montana and guess which one people are going to take despite the fact that if you watch both these guys on tape... Peyton is the more dazzling of the two. It really is an unfair bias.
                              Montana was also the centerpiece to four Superbowl victories, and in that dominated the playoffs throughout his whole career. Manning is the best regular season quarterback ever, but Montana outclasses him (and probably every other quarterback) when it comes to the playoffs which is when it matters the most.

                              And I'm saying Marino is one of the best. It's certainly debateable but he was an absolutely incredible player.

                              Designs by Thule

                              Comment


                              • It is too difficult to sit around and talk about which HOFer is better than which HOFer. They played on different team, had different coaches and played in different eras usually. One thing I look at is if I were building an expansion franchise, which guy would you want?

                                Most people have mad-love for Deion on this board, but don't even know who Dick 'Night Train' Lane was. That man terrified players to the degree the owners changed the rules because they were afraid Night Train was going to literally kill someone out on the field.


                                Marino amazing, Joe great in the clutch and has four rings, Brady has three rings at a young age still, Payton great and Favre was MVP three years running. All have different coaches, receivers (for those that man-crush Montana, he did have Rice and JT...) different competency of the running game and of defense. Bradshaw has four rings just like Joe, but he also had nasty defense and Franco Harris. Same thing usually knocks Aikman out of the best discussion. Even Brady takes dings because he's under Belichek.

                                Marino IS an HOFer, meaning he went through an incredibly difficult screening and was judged to be one of the best ever.

                                Favre will go through that screening in about seven years and also be an HOFer.

                                Brady and Manning likely to also go.

                                At the end of the day you're left with who you'd want if you were starting a franchise, and I'd take Favre.
                                The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information