Quarterback Trades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterback Trades

With Joey Harrington signing with the Falcons, it seems as if the backup quarterback free agent pool has just about dried up. Which teams have an unstable quarterback situation and didn't address the situation by adding an extra vet in free agency? Which ones do you think would be interesting in another team's backup?

I ask this most specifically because I really do think that David Garrard will get traded sometime this offseason. He's already started grumbling about Leftwich being named the starter, and there have been rumors that Del Rio and the Front Office won't put up with Garrard causing rifts in a city that has been very sensitive about the quarterback situation since Mark Brunell left, and would be willing to get rid of him for a bargain price if the situation worsens.

Not really. I still can't believe Tim Rattay hasn't been signed by someone yet. Terry Bradshaw has even come out and said something about that. Aaron Brooks is still out there as well. He's a tar tar, but I honestly don't think he's much, if any, worse than Garrard. Then again I think Garrard is mostly fluff and hype and wouldn't give more than a 5th rounder for him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Not really. I still can't believe Tim Rattay hasn't been signed by someone yet. Terry Bradshaw has even come out and said something about that. Aaron Brooks is still out there as well. He's a tar tar, but I honestly don't think he's much, if any, worse than Garrard. Then again I think Garrard is mostly fluff and hype and wouldn't give more than a 5th rounder for him.
      Completely agree. He is the byproduct of a city that has been intent of having a quarterback controversy since the day Byron Leftwich was drafted. He's gotten extensive playing time and has showed that he's not a starting caliber quarterback in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Completely agree. He is the byproduct of a city that has been intent of having a quarterback controversy since the day Byron Leftwich was drafted. He's gotten extensive playing time and has showed that he's not a starting caliber quarterback in this league.
        I also think everyone just hates the idea of a "mobile" QB going to "waste". He did have some awesome plays running over some people, I'll give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          I agree. Living in Jacksonville the last two years, it was like there was nothing Byron could do to win the people over. My Dad has one of the biggest Garrard hard-ons in the city. We argued about it a lot, and then one day I put up a poster of Byron Leftwich in our companies shop. That didn't go over to well...

Comment

I'm kinda suprised know one has signed Rattay or Brooks yet. The big trade I've been waiting for would have to be Trent Green. IMO I'm guessing Miami should bid a little higher than Clevland is right now.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I think, in the end, everyone is just waiting for Trent Green to get released. Kansas City isn't exactly operating from a position of strength with him right now, since it is very likely he could simply be cut. Why waste a pick, especially when they are asking for the sky...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                I think, in the end, everyone is just waiting for Trent Green to get released. Kansas City isn't exactly operating from a position of strength with him right now, since it is very likely he could simply be cut. Why waste a pick, especially when they are asking for the sky...
                The Chiefs have the cap room to keep Green if they really want to that being said even as a Chiefs fan I have to lol that they want a second round pick. I think in the end they will get a 4th at best and at worst a 5th I think he will end up in Miami.

Comment

Anyone with a WCO should sign Rattay.

Brooks wouldn't be a bad backup, he was pretty average in New Orleans, which means he'd be a decent backup imo. Let him run around and hand off if the starter gets winded.

Comment

I'm still shocked no one signed Drew Bledsoe. The man is a hell of a QB and has just been put in bad situations.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      I'm still shocked no one signed Drew Bledsoe. The man is a hell of a QB and has just been put in bad situations.

I think Drew Bledsoe is a good fit with whatever team ends up with Brady Quinn. From all that I have heard, it seems like Bledsoe was a good mentor to TB in new england, so for all intents and purposes, why not let him mentor Brady Quinn (and start for 1 season while Brady is being prepped)?
                      Last edited by Thomas7399; 04-10-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Too bad Bledsoe is letting his ego get into the way.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

free agent qbs left, and their 2006 teams
                          Drew Bledsoe QB Released 6-5 238 14 Cowboys
                          Todd Bouman QB UFA 6-2 226 9 Packers
                          Aaron Brooks QB Released 6-4 220 8 Raiders
                          Lang Campbell QB Released 6-1 212 0 Browns
                          Koy Detmer QB UFA 6-1 195 10 Eagles
                          Quinn Gray QB RFA 6-3 246 3 Jaguars
                          Cleo Lemon QB RFA 6-2 215 3 Dolphins
                          Shane Matthews QB UFA 6-3 199 13 Dolphins
                          Tim Rattay QB UFA 6-0 200 7 Buccaneers
                          Jim Sorgi QB RFA 6-5 196 3 Colts
                          Brian St. Pierre QB RFA 6-0 220 4 Steelers
                          Vinny Testaverde QB UFA 6-5 235 20 Patriots

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
                            Vinny Testaverde QB UFA 6-5 235 20 Patriots
                            Bring back Vinny! Woo!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Too bad Bledsoe is letting his ego get into the way.
                              Exactly, he wants to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information