Jerry Porter ESPN interview.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    I don't think Jerry Porter has a clue. You try to help the team if it's bad. Not quit on it.
    He didn't really quit b/c of his teammates.The real reason was explained in the video......Maybe you should watch it again.
    I think the Raiders will trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
      That's why Moss was on pace to be the best statistical WR in the history of the game, aside from Rice.

Try again.
      Try something called attitude, fangirl. Notice that your crush is still with the Raiders? No one wants to pay much to take the bum.

Comment

And when you have players like Porter and Jake, a scheme has a much less chance of being successful.
        Porter was on the team when the Raiders were doing well with Gannon at QB.......Shell and Walsh gave birth to the sh*tty Raiders football last season.
        The fact that Porter saw their system as being as flawed as it was says that he knows what works ,and what won't work in today's NFL.

Comment

I agree, I dont like the fact that he quit on the team. But at the same time, it isnt constructive to go on carrying grudges. Hes still on the team, hes a playmaker and we need him and whats important is right now he seems to be on board. But one thing to Porter's credit is it seemed he was ready to play but Shell pretty much refused to play him, so it wasnt all his fault that he didnt contribute. I cant believe Shell started Whitted over him the entire season.

Comment

I don't think Jerry Porter has a clue. You try to help the team if it's bad. Not quit on it.
            Porter never quit on the team.SHell simply benched him for the whole season.Thats no the same as quiting.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
              Porter never quit on the team.SHell simply benched him for the whole season.Thats no the same as quiting.

Exactly. He was never in good terms with Shell, but when they decided to play him, he didn't hesitate.

Comment

Try something called attitude, fangirl. Notice that your crush is still with the Raiders? No one wants to pay much to take the bum.
                Really? So if Moss gets over 1000 yards this season, you're willing to leave this forum and never post again?

Comment

Jerry Porter doesn't exactly strike me as a guy who, in his very own words, "needs to be an essential part of the offense in order to win."
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Pretty classless to take Tim Browns numbers, imo that number should be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                      Pretty classless to take Tim Browns numbers, imo that number should be retired.
                      Timmy B gave him his blessing a long time ago to wear #81.

If we retired Brown's jersey, we'd have to retire all of the other Raiders legend's jerseys as well, and we wouldn't have alot of jersey numbers left for skill position players.

Comment

the team is not that bad their defense is ranked # 3 all they need to do is revamp the o-line

Comment

i wouldnt except more then an average season form Gallery. He learning a new oline scheme. IMO, Moss will stay as a Raider or roit and except Davis to be fired next year.

Comment

hmmm

I think this is Gallery's breakout year. Someone posted some photos of him in the offseason workouts [he's been working out with Iowa's strength coach] and he looks more in shape than he has in the past 2-3 years.

He totally wasn't suited to Shell's abortion of a 1 on 1 blocking scheme and the new offense and blocking system should suit his strengths. By now he probably has learned every blocking system possible in the NFL with the 4 different coaches he's had, so this is old hat for him.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                              I think this is Gallery's breakout year. Someone posted some photos of him in the offseason workouts [he's been working out with Iowa's strength coach] and he looks more in shape than he has in the past 2-3 years.

He totally wasn't suited to Shell's abortion of a 1 on 1 blocking scheme and the new offense and blocking system should suit his strengths. By now he probably has learned every blocking system possible in the NFL with the 4 different coaches he's had, so this is old hat for him.

Yep......and we ran a zone blocking system in Gallery and Grove's rookie years under our then o-line coach, Bruce Colletto.
                              I'm glad to see us using that system again now, b/c our line only gave up 30 sacks when we ran it in the 2004 season. That number is not great, but it beats the hell out of the 72 we gave up last season.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                                Really? So if Moss gets over 1000 yards this season, you're willing to leave this forum and never post again?

Only if you agree to leave and never come back if Jake gets less than 1,000 yards, gets suspended, or attacks or gets physically attacks a teammate. Then we have a deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information