Jerry Porter ESPN interview.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Porter ESPN interview.

I thought he had some interesting things to say about what happened last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76UrYVrI8O4
    I think the Raiders will trade down.

wow, he's spot on about alot of things - especially on last years offense and how he didn't want to be a part of it. Hindsights 20/20 though.

Very interesting interview, he's saying alot of the things we have been saying...If he really knew the offense wasn't gonna work, I dont really blame him for not wanting to be a part of it.

Comment

Yeah I cant really be mad at him for anything he said in that. It seems like him and Shell just really clashed but he is on board now and while Im still not a big fan of his because he doesnt just get with the program, Shell deserves more blame than he does and it was proven that Shell didnt have a clue. And the fact is Porter can be a playmaker on the field who can go across the middle and be a physical receiver and also go deep and he can really help our offense.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Porter has spent most of his career on the sidelines so far...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
          Yeah I cant really be mad at him for anything he said in that. It seems like him and Shell just really clashed but he is on board now and while Im still not a big fan of his because he doesnt just get with the program, Shell deserves more blame than he does and it was proven that Shell didnt have a clue. And the fact is Porter can be a playmaker on the field who can go across the middle and be a physical receiver and also go deep and he can really help our offense.
          I don't think Jerry Porter has a clue. You try to help the team if it's bad. Not quit on it.

Comment

I saw that interview on ESPN the other day. I'm glad he's back on board and is willing to play. I say we should give him the number one reciver job. I'm just glad we got Shell out of there because we need Porter big time.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I personally wouldn't want a guy on my team who would quit because of a system. I want a guy that will only be motivated to work harder if the system seems flawed. You can't just quit on your teammates because you don't like the coach or system.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
                I personally wouldn't want a guy on my team who would quit because of a system. I want a guy that will only be motivated to work harder if the system seems flawed. You can't just quit on your teammates because you don't like the coach or system.
                You work on an assembly line. You put on a nut, only to have the next guy take off the very nut you put on.

Motivated?

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Porter has spent most of his career on the sidelines so far...
                  You can't even imagine. He is the biggest pre-season faker of injury the league has ever seen. For at least the past 3 years, possibly 4, he has faked a pre-season injury that has magically healed right after being threatened with deactivation for week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                    You work on an assembly line. You put on a nut, only to have the next guy take off the very nut you put on.

Motivated?

Are you saying that Porter is the next guy who took off the nut?

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                      Are you saying that Porter is the next guy who took off the nut?
                      Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about a coaching staff that implemented a scheme that had no chance of being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about a coaching staff that implemented a scheme that had no chance of being successful.
                        Pretty much.

I'm also saying that when an offensive player did show up, and made a big play, the next play would be an interception, fumble, or sack, and they would shoot themselves in the foot and undo everything that had just been done.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          And when you have players like Porter and Jake, a scheme has a much less chance of being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                            And when you have players like Porter and Jake, a scheme has a much less chance of being successful.
                            That's why Moss was on pace to be the best statistical WR in the history of the game, aside from Rice.

Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                              Last year Shell kept him on the sidelines. Porter had to live with his decision.
                              The only other time he's not been on the field for an extended period of time was when he got a bad abdominal sports hernia, and couldn't play due to it.
                              I think the Raiders will trade down.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information