Barnett signs 6 year extension.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
    Great signing though, I've been nervous that TT was going to let him walk like Walker, I look forward to watching him play for the next 6 years.
    TT didn't let Walker walk, he was traded.....
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Hawk and Barnett will be key pieces to one of the NFLs best LB cores for years to come. Adbdul Hodge could be the final piece if he shows he can be succesful at OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
        Hawk and Barnett will be key pieces to one of the NFLs best LB cores for years to come. Adbdul Hodge could be the final piece if he shows he can be succesful at OLB.
        I think Hodge is going to stay in the middle the only palyer that will move outside is Barnett. But what happens to Poppinga? maybe Barnett will be moved before our bye week is Poppinga doesnt do well.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          I think Hodge is going to stay in the middle the only palyer that will move outside is Barnett. But what happens to Poppinga? maybe Barnett will be moved before our bye week is Poppinga doesnt do well.
          Hodge will not start at MLB; he'll stay as a backup or be traded. Barnett, Hawk, and Poppinga will be the starters for the future. Hodge is a nice player but he doesn't deserve to start over one of those three

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            Hodge will not start at MLB; he'll stay as a backup or be traded. Barnett, Hawk, and Poppinga will be the starters for the future. Hodge is a nice player but he doesn't deserve to start over one of those three
            The thing i don't like about Poppinga though is the fact that he's like 28ish in his 3rd year. Not really that big of a deal... Just me nit-picking.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Good move by the Packers. I still think they should switch him and Hawk, though. Hawk would be an absolute beast at MLB.
              I agree completely. I think Hawk is a stud MLB playing OLB.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Woohoo! **** Yea!!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  I agree completely. I think Hawk is a stud MLB playing OLB.
                  Even when he was in college I have always thought of Hawk as a MLB. With how well he played last year I don't feel a strong need to move him, but i would like to see them at least try it in the preseason a bit. Barnett seems as though he is better for the outside but he doesn't want to move. Part of that reason was due to being close to contract time and he didn't want his numbers to go down. Maybe with this he would give it a chance.

Poppinga-Barnett-Hawk
                  Poppinga-Hawk-Barnett
                  Barnett-Hodge-Hawk

No matter how it ends up i am feeling very good about the LB position. I would like to see the last one happen, but if Hodge doesn't show he is ready I am fine with Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Even when he was in college I have always thought of Hawk as a MLB. With how well he played last year I don't feel a strong need to move him, but i would like to see them at least try it in the preseason a bit. Barnett seems as though he is better for the outside but he doesn't want to move. Part of that reason was due to being close to contract time and he didn't want his numbers to go down. Maybe with this he would give it a chance.

Poppinga-Barnett-Hawk
                    Poppinga-Hawk-Barnett
                    Barnett-Hodge-Hawk

No matter how it ends up i am feeling very good about the LB position. I would like to see the last one happen, but if Hodge doesn't show he is ready I am fine with Brady.

I like what you're saying and I wouldn't mind if Barnett and Hawk switch but I don't want Poppinga moved out so Hodge can play MLB

Comment

Hodge is an incredibly good football player. I think once he makes the jump to the NFL, he'll start for us regardless. People tend to forget just how good he was at Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jim View Post
                        Hodge is an incredibly good football player. I think once he makes the jump to the NFL, he'll start for us regardless. People tend to forget just how good he was at Iowa.
                        He was a terrific football player at Iowa but his size may become somewhat of a problem and I don't think he's an improvement over the 3 LBs right now

Comment

Contract details in. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=21810
                          $35million over 6 years, an absolute steal considering the high prices that FAs are getting. It's front loaded to use our free cap space with $12 million in the first year leaving on $23million over the next five so if something were to happen we aren't tied to him.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Contract details in. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=21810
                            $35million over 6 years, an absolute steal considering the high prices that FAs are getting. It's front loaded to use our free cap space with $12 million in the first year leaving on $23million over the next five so if something were to happen we aren't tied to him.
                            I just saw that on greenbaypressgazette.com and posted it in the Team Forum. TT is doing an unbelieveable job with the structuring of contracts and the way he deals with the cap

Comment

It's a good signing. Barnett is a solid player.

Comment

very smart move to keep him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information