No announcement yet.

Pac-Man done for the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bulllshit, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet, how can he be suspended?

Innocent until proven guilty
    Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenMoonHOF View Post
      1 year really punishes the team more then the player. It's unfortunate and I really feel for the guys on that time that bust their a$$ to play in the NFL. Pac is such an important part of that team. 16 games without a conviction seems really harsh.
      Both teams knew what they were getting when they drafted their respective player. They have no one to blame but themselves.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10 View Post
        This is bulllshit, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet, how can he be suspended?

Innocent until proven guilty
        That's not necessarily a fair point. While I agree that it is very suspect, the NFL is also a private organization. If I were arrested in Vegas for punching someone, and a friend of mine shot someone, I could easily get fired from my job. Conduct away from work is usually private, but arrests and associating with people with poor reputations can harm one's standing in a job. The NFL is a job and a business. They have the right to employ, hire, fire, and dismiss whomever they like.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          completely irrelevant in this case, but cute try.
          How is it irrelevant, he hasnt been convicted of ANYTHING, until then he is innocent...why should he be suspened the whole year for no reason
          Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            i can see the NFL's point. either because of putting himself in stupid situations or by hanging out with stupid people, pacman has made the NFL look stupid. any other employee in any other job would likely have been fired.
            Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            That's not necessarily a fair point. While I agree that it is very suspect, the NFL is also a private organization. If I were arrested in Vegas for punching someone, and a friend of mine shot someone, I could easily get fired from my job. Conduct away from work is usually private, but arrests and associating with people with poor reputations can harm one's standing in a job. The NFL is a job and a business. They have the right to employ, hire, fire, and dismiss whomever they like.
            Great minds think alike...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

How is it irrelevant, he hasnt been convicted of ANYTHING, until then he is innocent...why should he be suspened the whole year for no reason
              See njx and my responses above.

Comment

The NFL did nothing wrong. They are introducing a new conduct policy, and they want the players to respect and abide by it. The league needs to maintain a standard. If this doesn't make Jones change his ways, maybe a kick out of the league will.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

You can make a valid case that the suspensions are too high.

But youre overlooking the importance of what Goodell has done.

This HAD to be done. This is the beginning of a new era in football. Goodell is letting it be known that thuggery wont be accepted. He's doing the right thing, hes looking out for the long term future of this sport by dealing with a rising issue directly.

Unlike Tagliabue who swept it under the rug, Goodell is doing the right thing. This had to be done. The rest of the league is on call. Are they scapegoats? Yes, but sometimes you need that to get the message across.

And lets not be naive. Just because Pacman hasn't been convicted of anything doesn't mean that he wasn't in some way guilty of something. Athletes can get away with anything. Convictions don't mean anything anymore.

Goodell realizes that, and is taking action the best way he can. The worst thing you can do to an athlete is take the game away from him. And Goodell is doing that to set an example for the rest of the league.

Hopefully this marks the beginning of a cleaner NFL. So far, Goodell is doing a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    See njx and my responses above.
                    Thats does make sense but its still ********...this kills our team
                    Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

They can do whatever they want. Bottom line is Pacman makes the look bad. OJ Simpson was never found guilty either but he was canned from every advertisment deal he had and he'll never get work again in that capacity.

Comment

The NFL can now officially suspend players for off-field conduct. My problem, as I have said, is that they're going back and suspending players for things they did before the policy was put into place. It strikes me as incredibly unfair. Are they going to suspend Laverneus Coles and Peter Warrick because they took markdowns on clothing during college? Is Brandon Merriweather going to walk into the NFL and face a suspension for things that happened off the field? Is Reggie Bush going to be suspended because his family may have taken favors from a booster or agent? The league office is going way too far here. You can't set a policy because of incidents, then suspend people for things they did before the policy was put in place.

Comment

Does your team even want him anymore?

Comment

When a player has had as many incidences as Jones had, it's naive to think that he had nothing to do with any of them. And if he didnt have anything to do with any of them, then he's dumb for choosing to continue to hang out with those people.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Because the NFL is a private corporation, and any private corporation reserves the right to hire, fire, or suspend any employee for any reason. That's just how it is. Image is absolutely everything in today's world, and if a company feels like an employee has done something to tarnish their image, then they'll do what they feel is necessary. The NFL is no different.

I have no problem with the league implementing new conduct policies. It's their right to do it, and any player who signs an NFL contract knows that they have to abide by the by-laws that the league and their respective teams make. I just don't agree with the decision to go back and suspend Pacman and Henry, since the policy was put into affect after their alleged incidents.

Comment

So in that sense, because it kills your team, it's ******** he gets suspended?? Read what Goodell says..I gained alot more respect for the commish after this..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information