No announcement yet.

Pac-Man done for the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good. Give Pacman a lifetime ban if he does anything again.

Its just too bad most of the thugs are in the AFC. NFC East stays out of trouble for the most part, so this isnt gonna have much effect on the G-Men.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
      good. Give Pacman a lifetime ban if he does anything again.

Its just too bad most of the thugs are in the AFC. NFC East stays out of trouble for the most part, so this isnt gonna have much effect on the G-Men.
      How is it possible that you miss the point 100% of the time?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        How is it possible that you miss the point 100% of the time?
        I just laughed out loud at my desk after reading his post. It was so bad it was funny.

Comment

Goodell is laying down the hammer. Showing he isnt playing around and unacceptable vehavior wont be tolerated.

oh, and GRF it does affect the Giants, because now Ten will be looking for a CB, as are the g-men, and they have the pick ahead of us-- but that was completly irrevelant
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            Goodell is laying down the hammer. Showing he isnt playing around and unacceptable vehavior wont be tolerated.

oh, and GRF it does affect the Giants, because now Ten will be looking for a CB, as are the g-men, and they have the pick ahead of us-- but that was completly irrevelant
            Even rookie members can make great points here and absolutely own GRF. You'd think he'd get the message...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

All I have to say is "Yay!!!".

Comment

I for one am glad they dropped the hammer about time I'm sick of good guys getting a bad rap over a few bad apples.

Comment

I don't think individual players are really suffering significantly because of a few guys. Yes, teammates have to answer questions from the media, but the image of the NFL is suffering slightly. Even in the face of all these problems, the league is a gigantic moneymaker. Every owner is getting money. The indiividual players are not suffering now, but the entire NFL is affected by individual actions and actors. The league is in danger of losing money or its status if these problems continued. That was the point of the conduct policy.

Comment

No way these will stand. Pac, Henry and the their lawyers will be running down to the NLRB, saying Goodell might want to but he can't enforce things on the union, ex post facto. I wonder if Gene Upshaw gets involved? Pac-Man might have to sue his "union" and the NFL. It will be interesting to see what happens. Its probably going to be moderated like the TO-Eagles issues were a few years ago. They get the max that was allowable at the time of the acts.

Comment

bsaza- i think many bengal players would be suffering because of all the arrests the team had. It isnt the whole team, just a couple of guys, yet the whole team does get looked upon as a "bad" group of guys. I bet Marvin Lewis is happy with the strict policy and happy that Henry didnt get lost for the season
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

So the commissioner suspended these guys, and they're going to appeal to whom? The commissioner? I'm guessing the actual policy that was put in place was designed to backtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          bsaza- i think many bengal players would be suffering because of all the arrests the team had. It isnt the whole team, just a couple of guys, yet the whole team does get looked upon as a "bad" group of guys. I bet Marvin Lewis is happy with the strict policy and happy that Henry didnt get lost for the season
                          Very fair point. I'm interested to see who else on the team gets suspended. While I'm throwing names out there, what about Ray Lewis's involvement with the murder trial from 2000? Does he get suspended when he cut a plea deal?

Comment

good point about Ray Lewis. i honestly don't know what's gonna happen with him. There are others who had trouble with the law a while ago. And, crazy thought here but, what happens IF Ricky Williams plays in the NFL again?
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              So the commissioner suspended these guys, and they're going to appeal to whom? The commissioner? I'm guessing the actual policy that was put in place was designed to backtrack.
                              They'll sue Goodell, and the NFL, in Federal Court. I hope Pacman hasn't spent all his bonus this could get expensive, unless the Union steps in, and negoiates something.

Comment

If there is an appeal by the Union, I assume they will pick up the check on it. Pacman has to pay his own legal bills for off the field stuff. When it comes to grievances, the NFLPA will take care of those bills.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information