Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac-Man done for the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by mrpotamus View Post
    Huh??? You obviously no nothing of the legal system. You would not plead guilty if you are not charged with a crime. Pleading guilty and being convicted by a jury are the same thing.
    Or in the case of Pac Man Jones I'm guessing maybe he pleaded guilty to a lesser crime to avoid things being dragged out.

    Comment


    • #92
      There is something in the legal system called a "plea bargain". Sometimes people will plead guilty in order to avoid a longer sentence, maybe even the death penalty. Perhaps you've heard of it?

      For lessor felonies, people can choose to plead "no contest", meaning they do not contest the charges. It is essentially a guilty plea, and they will serve some sort of sentence.



      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
        You can plead guilty to a charge and not actually be charged with it, this is actually quite common in the legal system.
        I always thought to plead guilt you had to be in a court. I always thought you had to be charged with something to be in front of a court entering a plea.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by mrpotamus View Post
          Huh??? You obviously no nothing of the legal system. You would not plead guilty if you are not charged with a crime. Pleading guilty and being convicted by a jury are the same thing.
          LOL, how are you gonna tell me that when I have personally pleaded guilty in court to a crime that I am not actually being charged with? It is a common deal they cut for minor crimes and misdemeanors, especially when they are drug and alcohol charges. In cases like these, the guilty or no contest plea is nothing but a formality. Its quite common.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by jared View Post
            I always thought to plead guilt you had to be in a court. I always thought you had to be charged with something to be in front of a court entering a plea.
            true, but theres a big difference between getting charged with a crime and getting convicted of one.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
              LOL, how are you gonna tell me that when I have personally pleaded guilty in court to a crime that I am not actually being charged with? It is a common deal they cut for minor crimes and misdemeanors, especially when they are drug and alcohol charges. In cases like these, the guilty or no contest plea is nothing but a formality. Its quite common.
              Yes but by pleading guilty of a lesser crime you are then being convicted of that lesser crime. No need for a jury because you yourself are admitting it.

              Comment


              • #97
                Sad to see are best player suspended for a season, but it might make him change his ways, which i'll will make up for the suspension.....I would rather see him be able to enjoy his time in the NFL even if he plays for another team, than see him throw away his career and life as one of the top CB in the NFL. Herny should have alos been given ATLEAST a 10 game suspension also. I seen this ? on the first page or so, so does he get another year suspension if he is convicted in Las Vegas???

                Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  There is something in the legal system called a "plea bargain". Sometimes people will plead guilty in order to avoid a longer sentence, maybe even the death penalty. Perhaps you've heard of it?

                  For lessor felonies, people can choose to plead "no contest", meaning they do not contest the charges. It is essentially a guilty plea, and they will serve some sort of sentence.
                  Yeah but plea bargains are generally for more severe crimes, felonies and the such. Pac-Mans charges have been more minor so he likely got cut a deal where he doesnt get convicted of anything as long as he complies with certain conditions.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                    Yeah but plea bargains are generally for more severe crimes, felonies and the such. Pac-Mans charges have been more minor so he likely got cut a deal where he doesnt get convicted of anything as long as he complies with certain conditions.
                    And I'm sure by continually getting in trouble he hasn't been complying with those certain conditions. Thats just my guess.

                    Comment


                    • huge news. big blow 4 tenn

                      credit to cardsalltheway

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        And I'm sure by continually getting in trouble he hasn't been complying with those certain conditions. Thats just my guess.
                        very possible. I dont know what his conditions were though. I know that after the Vegas incident he said he didnt think he had done anything to violate whatever his conditions were. Whether thats true or not, I dont know. For instance though, I have the conditions right now that I need to not be charged with any felonies or any violent or drug-related crimes for a period of time. But this would mean I could get a DUI or a public intoxication as well as some other things and not be in violation of my conditions. Id still be facing a new case, but I wouldnt be in violation of my current case and the charges would still be dropped.

                        Comment


                        • Pac-Man got into a bar-fight his senior year at WVU, which resulted in him being suspended for a game. That was the biggest character concern in regards to him.

                          I would like to note that the suspensions that were handed down were given according to the OLD conduct policy, not the NEW conduct policy. According to the NEW policy, you can't protest the ruling--- you can only try to shorten it. With the OLD policy, you can try and get it thrown out in court after asking the assistance of the NFLPA.

                          This means that they aren't breaking any unsaid rules by going back and persecuting the players with new rules. The new policy is being established after these suspensions.
                          Last edited by JT Jag; 04-10-2007, 03:39 PM.

                          Comment


                          • i think he should have cut both suspensions in half.

                            henry has been punished before, by both the team and the NFL
                            \
                            pacman just is in the wrong place too much, and i dont think it could be a coincidence, but he has got arrested alot.


                            Originally posted by mythbusta
                            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                            who dey?

                            Comment


                            • As a Titans fan, this news is bitter sweet. We've lost our best defensive player who plays a position that we already have a need at. But, if it will help in the long run and help Pac to get his act together, then it can be beneficial. I'd rather lose Pac for a year(Hopefully just 10 weeks, if he can get reinstated), and then have a him for the next 3 years without incident.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                              [@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                              Comment


                              • I still have Pacman's back, once a fan, alway a fan...

                                Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information