No announcement yet.

Warren Sapp: Hall of Famer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell the story of the NFL without Warren Sapp? In my opinion, no. He should be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      He absolutely is.

High number of Pro-Bowls.

Superbowl Championship.

Impact player.

Defensive Player of the Year: 1999

That's the formula.

Yup.

Here's the benchmark.

Have you been to at least or close to 8 Pro Bowls?

Have you won a championship and been on consistantly good teams?

Did you win an MVP award?

Has your presence in the league somehow changed the way the game is played?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
        Can you tell the story of the NFL without Warren Sapp? In my opinion, no. He should be in.
        I hear that a lot but I'm not sure how valid that is. Can you tell the story of the NFL without Phil Simms? Does that make him a HOF? There are lots of important players that aren't necessarily elite players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I hear that a lot but I'm not sure how valid that is. Can you tell the story of the NFL without Phil Simms? Does that make him a HOF? There are lots of important players that aren't necessarily elite players.
          Hell yes you can tell the story without Phil Simms. The important figures on that team were Parcells, LT, and arguably Harry Carson.

Comment

Hell yes you can tell the story without Phil Simms. The important figures on that team were Parcells, LT, and arguably Harry Carson.
            This is true. The only thing Phil really has going for him is that he basically had the Don Larson no hitter in the World Series, except in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
              This is true. The only thing Phil really has going for him is that he basically had the Don Larson no hitter in the World Series, except in the Super Bowl.
              The question "Can you tell the story of the NFL without this person?" is the only reason Joe Namath is in the HOF in the first place. If it weren't for Namath, there would be no NFL. But look at his numbers, they're ATROCIOUS.

Comment

i would like to see brooks, sapp, and rice all make it in eventually...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yes, he makes it easily, for all the reasons Ward and Bearsfan already said.

The guy was the centerpiece on one of the most consistently good defenses of our era.

Comment

The 1999 Bucs defense was awesome. They shut down the "greatest show on turf" in their stadium, in the NFCCG, without any offensive support to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat

I think all 3 may. About DT does anybody think if Sam Adams has a chance to be a HOF?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991
                        Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat

I think all 3 may. About DT does anybody think if Sam Adams has a chance to be a HOF?
                        He has no chance at all and I guarantee you all three of those players do not make the hall. Two players from that Tampa defense will make it. People are underestimating how difficult it is to get into the hall, particularly for a defensive player.

Comment

I was huge sapp fan, he is one of my favorite D tackles right next the goose. I really like Warren, he was dominate for a good number season, a real force in the interior. I think he will make the hall, maybe not first ballot but he will eventually.
                          Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Comment

Originally posted by glennjamen3
                            i hope not
                            why's that?

Comment

i doubt it

i will never forgive Sapp for his cheap shot on Chad Clifton

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope
                                i doubt it

i will never forgive Sapp for his cheap shot on Chad Clifton
                                when was this?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information