Matt Leinart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya LA sports radio is where I go for unbiased opinions about Arizona sports

Let's face it Whis has been able over and over to plug guys into spots of guys he let go, Campbell for Smith, Breaston for Bryant, Doucet for Boldin. Warner is an entirely different situation though, he retired abruptly giving Whis 1 offseason to find his QB of the future which is simply impossible.
    Last edited by fenikz; 10-07-2010, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      ya LA sports radio is where I go for unbiased opinions about Arizona sports

Let's face it Whis has been able over and over to plug guys into spots of guys he let go, Campbell for Smith, Breaston for Bryant, Doucet for Boldin. Warner is an entirely different situation though, he retired abruptly giving Whis 1 offseason to find his QB of the future which is simply impossible.
      I don't think a bad thing has ever been said EVER regarding USC or one of their players on LA sports radio. You should have heard their coverage during the Bush scandal, it was a joke.

Comment

• Interesting point.
        I was just thinking about that when I saw how terrible Fitzgerald's stats are going to be.... Derek Anderson. Now who?

I thought Leinart looked better than that when he was starting as a rookie.

What happened? The coaching has to have something to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          ya LA sports radio is where I go for unbiased opinions about Arizona sports

dude Warner was 39

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            dude Warner was 39
            Yeah, he was also thinking of retiring after the Boldin hit and before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
              Driving home at like 12am I was listening to an LA sports radio show called JT and Vic the Brick
              the show is a nationally syndicated fox sports radio show, its called the JT the brick show with Looney, JT is in las vegas, JT is the biggest Raiders homer ever, but biased against Arizona teams, I dont think so...I think his assessment of the Arizona situation is fair.

Comment

Hmmm.... I never bought into all those conspiracy theories that stated Whisenhunt was out to get him and didn't like him but I'm starting to buy into it more and more now.

Seeing how Whisenhunt soured his relationship with Big Ben, Boldin, Edge, Leinart and now Beanie Wells, I really think he's playing a game of favorites with his players and it looks to be costing the team.

Driving home at like 12am I was listening to an LA sports radio show called JT and Vic the Brick and they were talking about Coaches who believe in their coaching ability more than the players (ie. Belicheck vs. Moss) saying how Whisenhunt believes he was directly responsible for their recent success and thinks he could have plug and played any players into his system and got similar results.

I hope this doesn't end up kicking themselves in the ass.

Considering how GOD AWFUL Derek Anderson has been can we really believe Whisenhunt saw enough good about him to be like "that is our guy for the season"
                Interesting background about Wisenhunt that I never really noticed before.

I guess when you're a new coach and you take a perennial loser like Arizona to the SB, then your head gets pretty big.

He's come down crashing though, and the reason seems pointed to his personal relationship with the players. It's my way or the highway. It works for some coaches (Parcells/Belichick) though.

Comment

• Tough predicament to be in as a coach. They were already in reloading mode and had a lot of defections this offseason. Do you marry yourself to potential mediocrity in Leinart and stay amongst the middle of the pack for a few years while the team replenishes some of its talent? Or ultimately blow the season up and go draft your QBOTF, which is essentially what they're doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Tough predicament to be in as a coach. They were already in reloading mode and had a lot of defections this offseason. Do you marry yourself to potential mediocrity in Leinart and stay amongst the middle of the pack for a few years while the team replenishes some of its talent? Or ultimately blow the season up and go draft your QBOTF, which is essentially what they're doing?
                    Good point. When he was in Pittsburgh, he must have learned something valuable about tanking a season to get your QB. I don't know if he realizes this QB class isn't stocked with guys like Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers and Big Ben though.

Comment

• If Whisenhunt was ever going to get the slack to blow that team up, it was going to be coming off the success he's had.

Comment

• Word on the street is that Whisenhunt really likes Max Hall.

I don't know if that's true or just an unsubstantiated rumor though.

Comment

Hmmm.... I never bought into all those conspiracy theories that stated Whisenhunt was out to get him and didn't like him but I'm starting to buy into it more and more now.

Seeing how Whisenhunt soured his relationship with Big Ben, Boldin, Edge, Leinart and now Beanie Wells, I really think he's playing a game of favorites with his players and it looks to be costing the team.

Driving home at like 12am I was listening to an LA sports radio show called JT and Vic the Brick and they were talking about Coaches who believe in their coaching ability more than the players (ie. Belicheck vs. Moss) saying how Whisenhunt believes he was directly responsible for their recent success and thinks he could have plug and played any players into his system and got similar results.

I hope this doesn't end up kicking themselves in the ass.

Considering how GOD AWFUL Derek Anderson has been can we really believe Whisenhunt saw enough good about him to be like "that is our guy for the season"

Agreed.

For Whisenhunt to bring in DEREK ANDERSON as if he were the 'answer' at QB, well, I for one question the man's player evaluation skills, especially at QB.

Basically he lucked up into Kurt Warner, and has been down on Leinart forever.

Leinart was given a fraction of the amount of games to prove himself that most top picks are given, and I still don't believe USC made Leinart 'look' good.
                          IMO Leinart was a beast in college who made several mediocre WRs look like major pro prospects.

Granted his arm is pedestrian, but it's still adequate by NFL standards.

I think Whisenhunt didn't like Leinart from the moment he was hired to be the Cards HC, and now after reclamation project Anderson pooped himself, he's starting a rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            He's come down crashing though, and the reason seems pointed to his personal relationship with the players. It's my way or the highway. It works for some coaches (Parcells/Belichick) though.
                            It works for Parcells and Belichick because they build the culture of the team around their ways. It's what KC has been doing the last 2 years. Whisenhunt never built that team up to be about his deal. He just went in there and expected all of the players to automatically be on board with his style. It's not so bad when you're winning, but when you start losing just a little bit it will all come crashing down.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              Agreed.

For Whisenhunt to bring in DEREK ANDERSON as if he were the 'answer' at QB, well, I for one question the man's player evaluation skills, especially at QB.

Basically he lucked up into Kurt Warner, and has been down on Leinart forever.

Leinart was given a fraction of the amount of games to prove himself that most top picks are given, and I still don't believe USC made Leinart 'look' good.
                              IMO Leinart was a beast in college who made several mediocre WRs look like major pro prospects.

Granted his arm is pedestrian, but it's still adequate by NFL standards.

I think Whisenhunt didn't like Leinart from the moment he was hired to be the Cards HC, and now after reclamation project Anderson pooped himself, he's starting a rookie.
                              Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong, and in this case your opinion is wrong, Dwayne Jarrett and BMW dominated in college because no one could match them physically. So Leinart just had to lob it up to them and they'd come down with it. That's not an opinion, that's what that USC team did. Steve Smith was the only WR there who didn't rely on his freakish athletic gifts.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information