No announcement yet.

Matt Leinart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Leinart getting screwed over this pre-season?

Last I checked, his stats are 19/23 with a passer rating of over 100. And that's without Fitzgerald playing in any of them, and of course without Boldin.

So obviously he doesn't have as much to work with as normal, but still, 23 passes, only 4 have hit the ground. It hasn't led to many points though, but isn't that what we get from guys like David Garrard and Mark Sanchez?

I don't like Leinart, but I think he's getting hosed a bit. He can only do so much with what he's been given..... anyone who doesn't think Fitzgerald won't make a difference in terms of more yardage and points?

(I used the search for titles with Leinart, and all were old. Didn't want to create another thread, so here we go here.... interesting look back as well. Shiver, lol.)

Comment

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...t=42364&page=6

Comment

That's Derrick Anderson. I don't want to talk about Derrick Anderson, or the 2007 Browns season, Braylon Edwards, the Dawg Pound, etc.
        I want to talk about Leinart only, not that ****.

Comment

Ken Whisenhunt is dumb. He's not going anywhere with Derreck Anderson no matter the circumstance and if all the stars happened to align.

He should give leinart the job and if he sucks, let him fall on his own. You dont teach someone to ride a bike without the training wheels by not letting them ride in the first place.

get that analogy? no? ok...

Comment

Some of these posts are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Some of these posts are hilarious.
              including yours?

Comment

I was always good at hedging my statements, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I was always good at hedging my statements, sir.
                  There's a flaming vagina in your avi

Leinart reference!

Comment

Arizona should have traded Leinart two years ago. Now they can't get anything for him. If you don't want him around, why string him along?
                    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

According to Jay Glazer he is being shopped around, has play good enough to be worth a conditional 5th maybe bumps up to a 4th if he hits certain numbers

My guess is Washington

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-matt-leinart/

Definitely being shopped, but his contract blows up in 2011 so it's unlikely he gets moved. He'll probably be outright cut.

Comment

You can tell my posts were from my drinking days, it's a good thing I gave that up. :)

Comment

Seattle??

Man, if he's a division rival... he's going to try his hardest to take it out on the cards. keyword: try

I could see him succeeding there with Carroll.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              Is Leinart getting screwed over this pre-season?

Last I checked, his stats are 19/23 with a passer rating of over 100. And that's without Fitzgerald playing in any of them, and of course without Boldin.

So obviously he doesn't have as much to work with as normal, but still, 23 passes, only 4 have hit the ground. It hasn't led to many points though, but isn't that what we get from guys like David Garrard and Mark Sanchez?

I don't like Leinart, but I think he's getting hosed a bit. He can only do so much with what he's been given..... anyone who doesn't think Fitzgerald won't make a difference in terms of more yardage and points?

(I used the search for titles with Leinart, and all were old. Didn't want to create another thread, so here we go here.... interesting look back as well. Shiver, lol.)

How many incompletions did you expect him to have when he's checking it down and throwing swing passes to RB's constantly? You won't win a game that way, or generate any points, which is the one stat you consistently left off in your post. Instead of focusing on completions, look at how many 1st downs he's completed or how many scoring drives he's led.

He had his first start back in 2006 evidenced by this thread, he came from a pro style offense, he was a top 10 pick, there is no reason at all he should be still looking pitiful out on the field like he does.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-matt-leinart/

Definitely being shopped, but his contract blows up in 2011 so it's unlikely he gets moved. He'll probably be outright cut.
                                none of that is guaranteed, was built so the team would be forced to renegotiate

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information