Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franchise Tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Franchise Tag

    Should teams have the power to use the franchise tag on a player without his consent?

  • #2
    Yes, b/c that puts the teams in control. If they had to have the players' permission, it would put said players in control and it would likely never be approved.

    NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

    Or @ least they had better be.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
      Yes, b/c that puts the teams in control. If they had to have the players' permission, it would put said players in control and it would likely never be approved.
      And make the tag worthless.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's in the labor contract, which the players union agreed to.

        That's like asking if fireman should be able to put out fires.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #5
          i think a better uestion would be:

          is the franchise tag fair?

          in which the answer would be no


          Originally posted by mythbusta
          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
          who dey?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
            i think a better uestion would be:

            is the franchise tag fair?

            in which the answer would be no
            Define fair.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Define fair.
              Define define.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Define fair.
                i mean is it fair for the players that are free agents to not seek a big money contract from another team?


                Originally posted by mythbusta
                i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                who dey?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                  i mean is it fair for the players that are free agents to not seek a big money contract from another team?
                  They are part of the union, it's a collective agreement. They know this. They have the option to sign longterm contracts with the teams they are on knowing that they likely will be tagged. Not to mention they are still making multi-million dollar deals, and they don't even have to show up till week 10 to make the money.

                  Sounds fair enough to me.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                    Define define.
                    Define "define define."

                    thaaaaaat's amore

                    by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is very fair from the team's/owner's/GM's/Coaching Staff's end, maybe a bit more fiar than from the player's end!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        They are part of the union, it's a collective agreement. They know this. They have the option to sign longterm contracts with the teams they are on knowing that they likely will be tagged. Not to mention they are still making multi-million dollar deals, and they don't even have to show up till week 10 to make the money.

                        Sounds fair enough to me.
                        I already have enough negative rating btw. No I don't think it's fair.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It kinda sucks for the player that they won't no where they will be the next year but the money is good give and take.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            ...

                            who cares whether or not it's fair? the player's agreed to it in return for some other concession in the labor agreement that isn't fair to the owners and teams. maybe we should just suspend the entire labor agreement. i mean, realistically the most "fair" thing is a completely free market, wherein the packers would have to hope they have a good GM and the redskins could potentially buy the entire pro bowl team. but at least the players could sign with whomever they want when their contracts are up.

                            stupid question.
                            No. You're the idiot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              of course the bears fans are defending the tag. With out it no way Briggs is in chicago. At least this way they may get something for him.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information