Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
    When do you guys think Tiki will retire? Its going to be hard to replace a back like that
    I think '07 will be his last year. This year and one more.
    I think he'll retire after this year. He has a bright future as a sportscaster ahead of him. Very likeable and charasmatic guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      2 points I want to make.

1st, the run game of the Giants. It was very inconsistent. While total yards might be similar, anyone who watched the Giants consistently would see that we were a poor team when it comes to running for average. Tiki would get 0,0,2,1, 55. Thats how our run game was. ALSO, we set up the run with the pass, an entirely different system to the Steelers. We came out with 3 WRs, and ran on nickel defenses. It was up to Eli to keep the defense honest so our run game can run through smaller fronts.

The Steelers ran for average, and ran first and passed 2nd. Totally different system with totally different responsibilities. This is an example of when numbers can be very deceiving.

2. You want to compare Eli in his 2nd year to Ben. Well...if you look at their regular seasons, Eli in fact had a better on statistically. But forget statistics. Ben in his 2nd year already had playoff experience. That goes a long way when making it to the playoffs a 2nd time. Whos to say that if Pitt drafted Eli that he wouldnt have been playing in the playoffs his rookie year as well? You cannot compare them that way, theres too many X factors.

Rex Grossman lost his first playoff game remember. Does that mean that Grossman would be unable to do what Ben did? Look at this year, that answers your question right there. Ben "managed" his team.

You want to talk about his success in the playoffs? Ok, lets talk about it. When did he have his success? In the first quarter mostly. Why? Because teams stacked the box with 8, so when he did PA pass, he had his first read open 80% of the time. Does that make him Elway? Didn't think so.

What happened in those playoff games in the 2nd half when teams respected the pass more? Ben fell off. Just goes to show you that when you put the game in his hands, he loses it moreso than wins it.
      How to put this sensitively, I . . . want to plow you.

Comment

• you GUYS WANTS FEATURE BACKS?

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
        Darnell Bing
        Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
        Reggie Torbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
          you GUYS WANTS FEATURE BACKS?

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
          Darnell Bing
          Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
          Reggie Torbor
          NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Note: Dick LeBeau coming back to Pitt the same year Ben got drafted has meant more for the team than Ben himself.

Comment

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
              Darnell Bing
              Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
              Reggie Torbor
              I'll take that trade. Torbor was being shopped around already and hasn't sniffed the field. Seubert is decent, but he's still a backup and he's aging (29 i think). Bing was what? a third rounder? Asomugha is a corner, i'm not sure how good, but he might be an upgrade. Courtney Anderson, i'm not familiar with.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgf

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
                Darnell Bing
                Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
                Reggie Torbor

jk lol

i hope al isnt dumb enough to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky bobby

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
                  Darnell Bing
                  Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
                  Reggie Torbor
                  I'll take that trade. Torbor was being shopped around already and hasn't sniffed the field. Seubert is decent, but he's still a backup and he's aging (29 i think). Bing was what? a third rounder? Asomugha is a corner, i'm not sure how good, but he might be an upgrade. Courtney Anderson, i'm not familiar with.
                  Anderson is a worthless TE. Asomugha could help us as a NB, he;s very physical. But Bing doesn't give us too much. Unlike that Rich Seubert is a very quality OG/C backup who could start at C for us. And i like Torbor for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cgf

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
                    Darnell Bing
                    Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
                    Reggie Torbor

jk lol

i hope al isnt dumb enough to do that
                    Probably isn't that dumb. Although if Torbor and Seubert were rediculously fast for their position but still didn't know how to play he might trade for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby

I'll trade you

Courtney Anderson
                      Darnell Bing
                      Nnamdi Asomugha

for

Rich Seubert
                      Reggie Torbor
                      Anderson is a worthless TE. Asomugha could help us as a NB, he;s very physical. But Bing doesn't give us too much. Unlike that Rich Seubert is a very quality OG/C backup who could start at C for us. And i like Torbor for no reason.
                      I'm still trying to figure out why Torbor has a spot on this team for no reason? Cause I can't think of a reason why he is here.

Comment

• Cause i like him. I asked TC to keep him on the roster and remind him what a beast pass rusher he was in college and so he's trying to remind him.

Comment

• I will offer you this:

Tommy Kelly
                          Barry Sims

for

Justin Tuck

Comment

I will offer you this:

Tommy Kelly
                            Barry Sims

for

Justin Tuck
                            I'd like to see Kelly in a giants uniform, but not at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              2 points I want to make.

1st, the run game of the Giants. It was very inconsistent. While total yards might be similar, anyone who watched the Giants consistently would see that we were a poor team when it comes to running for average. Tiki would get 0,0,2,1, 55. Thats how our run game was. ALSO, we set up the run with the pass, an entirely different system to the Steelers. We came out with 3 WRs, and ran on nickel defenses. It was up to Eli to keep the defense honest so our run game can run through smaller fronts.

The Steelers ran for average, and ran first and passed 2nd. Totally different system with totally different responsibilities. This is an example of when numbers can be very deceiving.

2. You want to compare Eli in his 2nd year to Ben. Well...if you look at their regular seasons, Eli in fact had a better on statistically. But forget statistics. Ben in his 2nd year already had playoff experience. That goes a long way when making it to the playoffs a 2nd time. Whos to say that if Pitt drafted Eli that he wouldnt have been playing in the playoffs his rookie year as well? You cannot compare them that way, theres too many X factors.

Rex Grossman lost his first playoff game remember. Does that mean that Grossman would be unable to do what Ben did? Look at this year, that answers your question right there. Ben "managed" his team.

You want to talk about his success in the playoffs? Ok, lets talk about it. When did he have his success? In the first quarter mostly. Why? Because teams stacked the box with 8, so when he did PA pass, he had his first read open 80% of the time. Does that make him Elway? Didn't think so.

What happened in those playoff games in the 2nd half when teams respected the pass more? Ben fell off. Just goes to show you that when you put the game in his hands, he loses it moreso than wins it.
                              I can only dream to be half the man you are cgf...you're like Jordan and Im Tony Kukoc.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                Originally posted by cgf
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                2 points I want to make.

I can only dream to be half the man you are cgf...you're like Jordan and Im Tony Kukoc.
                                psh, i'm so much better than jordan, he can't even hit a fastball.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information