• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giant4life
    Originally posted by ricky bobby
    Manning 1149 yards 9 TDs 5 INTS 97.1 QB rating
    Rivers 730 yards 5 TDs 2 INTS 94.5 QB rating
    Ben 569 yards 0 TDs 7 INTS 41.7 QB rating

This years stats. please don't come on here and tell me stats mean nothing.
    Man, no touchdown's for Ben :shock:
    Ben is awul. I've said he's overrated since his first win when everyone was like, "OMG!1!11 OMG!1!!1 big ben ownzzz!1!111!!"

BoneKrusher

Comment

I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
          I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.
          In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
          2. Donovan McNabb
          3. Carson Palmer
          4. Marc Bulger
          5. Tom Brady
          6. David Carr
          7. Rex Grossman
          8. Eli Manning
          9. Drew Brees
          10. Matt Hasselback

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
            Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.
            What are the other catagories?

Comment

In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
              2. Donovan McNabb
              3. Carson Palmer
              4. Marc Bulger
              5. Tom Brady
              6. David Carr
              7. Rex Grossman
              8. Eli Manning
              9. Drew Brees
              10. Matt Hasselback
              I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10

1. Peyton Manning
                2. Donovan McNabb
                3. Carson Palmer
                4. Marc Bulger
                5. Tom Brady
                6. David Carr
                7. Rex Grossman
                8. Eli Manning
                9. Drew Brees
                10. Matt Hasselback
                I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.
                Same here
                Bulger over Brady :?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.
                    Eli is just plain clutch. He picks it up in the second half. Last year's denver game, Cowboys game (we lost in OT), Seahawks game, This year's Eagles games. He has IT. Whatever IT may be.

Comment

Who is best? Eli Manning

Who would I rather have, which was the actual poll question? Philip Rivers. He's deadly accurate, he's a great leader, and he hasn't even finished out. Of course, Eli Manning had a great beginning last year and went sour, but he's still good.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
                        What are the other catagories?
                        Personality-Rivers has a very fiery personality. I like that he gets his teammates fired up and he also commands respect as the leader. Eli on the other hand seems to prefer to let someone else speak up, not that that's a bad thing, I just prefer a QB who can be the vocal leader.

Physicality- They both have great size but Rivers seems to be the more physical of the two.

In most other areas I have them pretty much equal though. I have no doubt Eli is gonna be a great QB too as he has a pedigree that can't be denied. It's mostly just a difference in preference on why I prefer Rivers.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

It's amazing what one game will do for everyone's opinion. You are all likely the same people that said the Chargers didn't have a shot at the playoffs because they had Rivers at QB. I still take Big Ben quite honestly. He's struggling yes, but he has the kind of moxy that you want in a QB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Young and Rivers both have an odd delivery. I'm not saying its bad, it's just low and prone to getting batted down. I think the verdict is still out on Rivers, he's only started a handful of games. Eli is already solid.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              It's amazing what one game will do for everyone's opinion. You are all likely the same people that said the Chargers didn't have a shot at the playoffs because they had Rivers at QB. I still take Big Ben quite honestly. He's struggling yes, but he has the kind of moxy that you want in a QB.
                              One game? We are about to go into week 6.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                0 TD's 7 picks.
                                I said it all along. He can only manage a game. He's not good when he has to air it out to win the game. With no running game, their offense is doomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information