X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Number 10
    Originally posted by Number 10
    Mr. Stiller-

Since you value the ring oh-so-much when evaluating a QB...can you give me a rundown on your opinion of Dan Marino?
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• They wont ever reply to that. They are set in their opinion that Ben Roethlisberger is the savior of a sub-par Steelers team and has led them to a championship.

Comment

• So basically Mr. Stiller has admitted that he is wrong.

Thank you.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• See, the Steelers fans are trying to say us Falcon and Giant fans are biased. Yet we both have him as an above average NFL QB, and it's not like he isn't going to get better. It's not that he's bad, he isn't, it's that he gets undue credit for "having a ring."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
            See, the Steelers fans are trying to say us Falcon and Giant fans are biased. Yet we both have him as an above average NFL QB, and it's not like he isn't going to get better. It's not that he's bad, he isn't, it's that he gets undue credit for "having a ring."
            Yeh the Giants-Falcons fans' comments are cop outs. I, along with my Giant buddies, have said that Ben is a very good young QB that will have a good amount of success down the road. He however is just a tad over hyped by some because of the Super Bowl, which he had a Trent Dilfer type impact on. That's all.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Concord83
              would anyone in here argue that if philip or eli were at the helm of last years steelers, pittsburgh would NOT have won the Super Bowl?
              The Steelers would not have gotten to the Super Bowl with Eli. Eli is a Manning and they choke big time in the playoffs like Eli did last year. Come back when Eli leads his team to its first points in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft
                Originally posted by Concord83
                would anyone in here argue that if philip or eli were at the helm of last years steelers, pittsburgh would NOT have won the Super Bowl?
                The Steelers would not have gotten to the Super Bowl with Eli. Eli is a Manning and they choke big time in the playoffs like Eli did last year. Come back when Eli leads his team to its first points in the playoffs.
                I love judging QBs in the postseason after one game.

Go away Giants troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft
                  Originally posted by Concord83
                  A little bitter that Eli has been proving you wrong?
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                    Originally posted by Shiver
                    See, the Steelers fans are trying to say us Falcon and Giant fans are biased. Yet we both have him as an above average NFL QB, and it's not like he isn't going to get better. It's not that he's bad, he isn't, it's that he gets undue credit for "having a ring."
                    Yeh the Giants-Falcons fans' comments are cop outs. I, along with my Giant buddies, have said that Ben is a very good young QB that will have a good amount of success down the road. He however is just a tad over hyped by some because of the Super Bowl, which he had a Trent Dilfer type impact on. That's all.

and eli isn't a "tad" overhyped because he's a manning? i mean, seriously. what did he ever do that made him better than rivers? other than everyone proclaiming him the next peyton? this is NOT a flame. i really want to know your opinion as a giants fan.

edit: i'm talking college, not nfl.

Comment

• My whole point is this.

Ben is considered a game manager and just barely above Average QB.

He has outperformed Eli and Phillip. Granted it's been a team performance as well. But You don't knock Rivers for having LT and that killer defense? Yet it's a knock on ben that he's simply a game manager.

What have Eli and Phillip done so far to warrant that their Elite that Ben Hasn't done and yet he gets knocked for it.

Eli had a crappy playoff game, he gets a free pass because "He was a rookie, and it was his first one." I'm basically saying I'm sick and tired of hearing Excuses for why Manning didn't perform so well, yet every time I make a point I'm a homer and I'm just hyping a "Sub-par Steelers Team".

Ben and Eli could play Identically through the rest of the season. Eli will be considered Elite because.. He's Eli Manning. Ben would still be considered a game manager.

My whole point is team or not. Ben did win a superbowl, he didn't play great, but he still played well enough to win. He also Had a big role in defeating Denver, Cincinnatti and Indy.

However thats a knock against him? Why is Eli getting a pass everytime he plays a ****** game but Ben is a ****** QB because he has a bad game every now again. Put your homerism aside and give me an unbiased opinion.

I'm not saying Ben will be a better QB for the rest of their careers... But seriously? Why is Eli, who hasn't proved that much, a top 10 QB already and Ben is simply a game Manager..

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                        My whole point is this.

Ben is considered a game manager and just barely above Average QB.

He has outperformed Eli and Phillip. Granted it's been a team performance as well. But You don't knock Rivers for having LT and that killer defense? Yet it's a knock on ben that he's simply a game manager.

What have Eli and Phillip done so far to warrant that their Elite that Ben Hasn't done and yet he gets knocked for it.

Eli had a crappy playoff game, he gets a free pass because "He was a rookie, and it was his first one." I'm basically saying I'm sick and tired of hearing Excuses for why Manning didn't perform so well, yet every time I make a point I'm a homer and I'm just hyping a "Sub-par Steelers Team".

Ben and Eli could play Identically through the rest of the season. Eli will be considered Elite because.. He's Eli Manning. Ben would still be considered a game manager.

My whole point is team or not. Ben did win a superbowl, he didn't play great, but he still played well enough to win. He also Had a big role in defeating Denver, Cincinnatti and Indy.

However thats a knock against him? Why is Eli getting a pass everytime he plays a *********** game but Ben is a *********** QB because he has a bad game every now again. Put your homerism aside and give me an unbiased opinion.

I'm not saying Ben will be a better QB for the rest of their careers... But seriously? Why is Eli, who hasn't proved that much, a top 10 QB already and Ben is simply a game Manager..
                        Just look at last years stats.

Comment

• Eli Manning is the opposite of Ben Roethlisberger. The Giants pass to set up Tiki Barber for big gashing runs. The Steelers run to set up Ben for vertical play action passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                            Eli Manning is the opposite of Ben Roethlisberger. The Giants pass to set up Tiki Barber for big gashing runs. The Steelers run to set up Ben for vertical play action passes.
                            What the hell does that matter? Offensive philosophies are different, who cares? They didn't change anything when Ben came aboard and no one expected them to. What works, works. You guys have no freakin' idea how dumb this argument is. All 3 of them are good and get the job done...let it cease!

Comment

• The Ghost of Drew Stanton

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Wynel
                                Originally posted by Shiver
                                Eli Manning is the opposite of Ben Roethlisberger. The Giants pass to set up Tiki Barber for big gashing runs. The Steelers run to set up Ben for vertical play action passes.
                                What the hell does that matter? Offensive philosophies are different, who cares? They didn't change anything when Ben came aboard and no one expected them to. What works, works. You guys have no freakin' idea how dumb this argument is. All 3 of them are good and get the job done...let it cease!

Do you even know what argument I am making? I think Ben is an above average NFL QB, that is overhyped due to his Super Bowl ring. It's not like I think he's bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information