Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    How did he pass all over Indy? He didn't even have 200 yards.
    197 yards. sorry. In fact he had a great post season just a bad Superbowl..

AFC Wild Card Game 1/8 at Cincinnati: Had the best playoff performance of his young career…completed 14-of-19 passes for 208 yards, three TDs and a 148.7 passer-rating…did not throw an interception…three TDs set a new career high in the postseason…completed a 54-yard pass to WR Cedrick Wilson for the longest postseason completion of his career…rushed four times for three yards…

14/19 for 208yds, 3TDs

AFC Divisional Game 1/15 at Indianapolis: Improved to 3-1 in the postseason as a starting QB…completed 14-of-24 passes for 197 yards, with a long of 45…had two TD passes and a quarterback rating of 95.3…made a game-saving tackle on Nick Harper after he returned a fumble to the Colts' 42-yard line…

14/24 for 197yds, 2 TD passes

AFC Championship Game 1/22 at Denver: Completed 21-of-29 passes for 275 yards, two TDs and a 124.9 passer-rating…rushed three times for 12 yards and one TD…TD was his first career rushing TD in postseason…21 completions and 275 yards were both career highs in the postseason…

21/29 for 275 yds, 2 TDs

Those are pretty good stats for a "Game Manager"
    Except for Denver, those all were exactly what a Game Manager does. throw a little bit so the other team can't constantly stack the box against the run. Now, if he had repeated his Denver performance, I would have believed in him. But he sucked in the Superbowl, the ONE time he can't suck. When Peyton Manning has a great game but his team still loses in the playoffs, he's a choker. When Ben has a horrible game and his team wins in spite of him, he's won his team the superbowl. :?
    Eli chokes and all is forgiven, ben has great stats leading his team to a superbowl and he's a game manager?
    First of all when did Eli choke in particular? Are you talking about the Panthers game? Yeah he did choke, but so did the whole team. Tiki couldn't run, the line couldn't block, and the defense couldn't stop anything. We had three street free agents starting at LB but even if we had our starters I'm not sure it would have made a difference. The whole team lost that day. No matter how bad Eli played you can't blame the loss on him. There was too much blame to go around. Even Tiki said the entire team wasn't ready to play that day.
    You're the first person to admit that whether not it was a team effort to lose, Eli did Choke. All I was saying is everyone is Calling Eli elite, and Ben a Game Manager, Ben had great QB stats throughout the playoffs and He's not an elite QB, just above average. Meanwhile Eli doesn't do great in the postseason and (I understand Ben had a team around him), he chokes, as their team did. I'm not saying Ben would be better in Ny or Eli in Pitt, but If Eli is elite, then Ben is as well.
    Ben would have choked that day if he was on the Giants. I'm pretty sure Unitas couldn't have done anything that day. The difference to me is they are both elite in their roles on their teams. Eli is just asked to do a whole of a lot more than Ben is, and he has been asked to do that much since being thrown in his first game in 04. Ben just started being asked to do a bit more and this is what we have seen from him so far this year. And I'm not just talking about pass attempts, also as far as manking multiple reads, calling audibles at the line, or calling the play in general at the line. I'd like to see Eli get even more control over the offense, similar to Peyton. When he does in 2 minute drills he is so much better. Now that Pitts is putting more on Ben's plate, his general intelligence and football IQ are starting to show.
    Well if we're making excuses, can I use the "It was his first near death off season experience, and first emergency appendectomy excuse?"

Ward was out of Pre-season, they're finally getting their Timing down.

I wouldn't say Ben's Intelligence and Football IQ are technically Showing.

Where was this during the Denver or Kansas City Game (Not saying, that 1 game means everything) But he's had a rough offseason, the whole Steelers team sucks, yet thats ALL ON BEN, but No matter how bad Eli sucked, it was a team effort. Ben has done every bit as much for Pittsburgh (If not more) as Eli has for New York.

Blaming Ben for the poor Oline Play and His WR's not getting open and Willie Not getting any chances to run... And the muffed Punts, where no matter how well he did he was still behind.

This is what i'm talking about. (Bold), Ben has a bad start to his season, but I can't make excuses. Eli has a bad Post season game, and he played bad on a bad playing team. IF Ben had done that with the steelers you'd be saying he's a choker and a ****** QB. Try being Unbiased.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Ben Roethlisberger's #s in his first playoff start.

B. Roethlisberger 17 30 181 56.7 6.0 1 10 1 2

56% completion %, 181 yards, 2 INTs, 1 TD. And those numbers are generous. Anyone who actually saw the game will remember how bad he in fact played. So to say "Ben won his first playoff game and Eli lost his" is inaccurate, because Pitt won that day not because of Ben, but because of Herm Edwards, their kicker, and that defense.

And once again, Ben throws 30 times, has a horrible game. Of course I give him a pass on this one because it was his rookie year, but Im using this to prove that Ben played horrible his first playoff start too, yet he doesn't get knocked for it. Thats a double standard. So while we're being accused of doing the doublestandard, our accusers are turning around and doing it right back.
      See you're complaining of the Double Standard for ben.

Ben played a first horrible Playoff game. Fine, but Eli's TEAM played bad, when Eli loses, it's his teams fault... not the fact he went 10-17 and 3 picks.

And judging by those stats, Ben did do better than Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense

56% completion %, 181 yards, 2 INTs, 1 TD. And those numbers are generous. Anyone who actually saw the game will remember how bad he in fact played. So to say "Ben won his first playoff game and Eli lost his" is inaccurate, because Pitt won that day not because of Ben, but because of Herm Edwards, their kicker, and that defense.

And once again, Ben throws 30 times, has a horrible game. Of course I give him a pass on this one because it was his rookie year, but Im using this to prove that Ben played horrible his first playoff start too, yet he doesn't get knocked for it. Thats a double standard. So while we're being accused of doing the doublestandard, our accusers are turning around and doing it right back.

Ben played a first horrible Playoff game. Fine, but Eli's TEAM played bad, when Eli loses, it's his teams fault... not the fact he went 10-17 and 3 picks.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never said Eli wasn't at fault as well for his performance against Carolina. He was at fault too of course. But how can people say that Eli will never win a playoff game based on his first ever playoff game? Thats absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Why do you let this Big Ben attackers get to you, he's an elite QB in the making and it doesn't matter what his stats were in the Super Bowl, he WON and that's all that counts.
          With Cincy and Baltimore playing lousy football and Big Ben finally getting back in the groove, Pittsburgh has an excellent chance of making the playoffs, especially since Cowher's teams are often slow starters, and once in the playoffs anything can happen.
          As for Eli, he is also an elite QB in the making and time will tell which has a better overall career. My guess, they both make the HOF.
          I'm not a Pittsburgh fan but I've watched QB's for 50 years and can tell when one is special, and Ben is that. He just needs to put his injuries and ailments behind him. All the anti Ben talk is simply by other team's fans who haven't a clue about what goes into being a successful QB. The same ridiculous arguments were stated over and over about Tom Brady even after he won 3 Super Bowls. Fans just don't have a clue sometimes.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Its all homeristic remark. Big Ben and the Steelers won the super bowl. Yes, he led them to the super bowl. He might not of played well mmkay but he did lead them there. For that reason Ben>Eli

Comment

• rivers because of his poise in the pocket and his leadership skills in the huddle

eli still seems like a kid out there and ben is finally starting to turn it around this season
              ]

Comment

• I think Ben will rebound and stil be exceptionally well but right now I think he is going through growing pains that most first year QBs go through. He is just going through them now becauase he is just now having most of the same responsibilities that many first years QBs are given right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by snobdmat
                  rivers because of his poise in the pocket and his leadership skills in the huddle

eli still seems like a kid out there and ben is finally starting to turn it around this season
                  Yeah, a kid who has 11 TDs this season and better stats than peyton manning. Rightttt.

Big Ben has a good game and everyone is back on the bandwagon. He finally threw a touchdown, gee that must mean he's better than Eli.

Rivers has tremendous talent around him, and i wouldn't be surprised the chargers win the superbowl this year. But, one thing is for sure, Rivers won't be the one carrying that team, Tomlinson, the defense, and the offensive line will.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky bobby
                    Originally posted by snobdmat
                    rivers because of his poise in the pocket and his leadership skills in the huddle

Yeah, a kid who has 11 TDs this season and better stats than peyton manning. Rightttt.

Big Ben has a good game and everyone is back on the bandwagon. He finally threw a touchdown, gee that must mean he's better than Eli.

Rivers has tremendous talent around him, and i wouldn't be surprised the chargers win the superbowl this year. But, one thing is for sure, Rivers won't be the one carrying that team, Tomlinson, the defense, and the offensive line will.
                    I never got off the bandwagon. The whole team played bad... Oh wait Bens not eli.. Can't use the "team sucked" Excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby

I never got off the bandwagon. The whole team played bad... Oh wait Bens not eli.. Can't use the "team sucked" Excuse.
                      Ben played great throwing 19 passes. He is so consistent. Consistently bad when he throws around 30 but consistently great when hovering right under 20.

Comment

Ben played horribly along with his team for 5 straight games, the last time eli had 5 bad back to back games was when he was tossed into the lineup for the last half of his rookie season. If Big Ben wasn't big ben, he'd be out of the starting lineup just like Culpepper.

Comment

Ben played great throwing 19 passes. He is so consistent. Consistently bad when he throws around 30 but consistently great when hovering right under 20.
                          He throws 19 passes and has just as much effect as eli throwing 39. Can't be mad at that.

Comment

• Ive always said big ben was a product of the great running game in pitt, this year has supported my argument.

1) Eli/Phil

Its too soon to call on Rivers.

2) Ben

PM me for sig requests
                            Originally posted by Sean Connery
                            Suck it Trebek!

Comment

He throws 19 passes and has just as much effect as eli throwing 39. Can't be mad at that.
                              I agree, when you don't have to throw that much to be that effective, more power to you and your team. But the difference is that when Ben is called upon in certain games when it becomes neccesary to throw 30 or more times he can't perform. Eli can.

Comment

I agree, when you don't have to throw that much to be that effective, more power to you and your team. But the difference is that when Ben is called upon in certain games when it becomes neccesary to throw 30 or more times he can't perform. Eli can.
                                Eli also has done it almost every game. Granted I think Ben was a game manager his Rookie Season, why does it matter how many passes you have to throw to get it done? His oline has been horrible and his WR's haven't been getting open. Albeit he wasn't playing to his standard.. I'm not makign excuses for his bad play just saying that it's rediculous the fact everyone says "Eli is a top 10 QB", He's Elite. Because everytime he has a bad game, it's because his Oline and WR's and Tiki have sucked.

Why make an excuse for Eli if it doesn't work for anyone else. Peyton surely doesn't get an excuse for not being good under pressure. Why does his little brother? Because he's a Giant?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information