Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ricky bobby
    Originally posted by snobdmat
    rivers because of his poise in the pocket and his leadership skills in the huddle

eli still seems like a kid out there and ben is finally starting to turn it around this season
    Yeah, a kid who has 11 TDs this season and better stats than peyton manning. Rightttt.

Big Ben has a good game and everyone is back on the bandwagon. He finally threw a touchdown, gee that must mean he's better than Eli.

Rivers has tremendous talent around him, and i wouldn't be surprised the chargers win the superbowl this year. But, one thing is for sure, Rivers won't be the one carrying that team, Tomlinson, the defense, and the offensive line will.
    you have GOT to be kidding me. have you even watched the last two chargers games? in case you didn't, here are their stats:

Philip Rivers - 53/76(70%) 576 yards 4 td's 1 int

LaDainian Tomlinson - 34 carries 107 yards 4 td's 3.2ypc

The defense was outstanding both games, the offensive line did their job, but you're basically saying the entire team is going to carry him with is just an absolute joke. I know you've gotta defend your boy Eli, but get real man. That is just a piss poor excuse for an argument. You act like the rest of the Giants team is ******. Last I checked, you have the #1 RB in the nfl, currently.

The truth of the matter is that San Diego has played a fairly easy schedule so far, but Philip is still top 5 in QB Rating, Completion Percentage, and Int's thrown. That tells me he takes care of the ball, he completes a high percentage of the intermediate passes that gets you first downs, and he's played neck-and-neck with the best QB's in the game his first 5 games. I'm in no way saying he's going to be the next montana, don't get me wrong.

Manning is top 5 in Completion Percentage, Yards Per Attempt, and TD's. That tells me he throws for a better percentage in the 15-25 yard area. Oh, and the fact that ny giants rb's have 2 rushing td's means they throw it up for plax, toomer, and shockey quite a bit. LT has 7 rushing td's to go with philips 7 td passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
      Originally posted by Jughead10
      Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
      Originally posted by ricky bobby
      rivers because of his poise in the pocket and his leadership skills in the huddle

eli still seems like a kid out there and ben is finally starting to turn it around this season
      Yeah, a kid who has 11 TDs this season and better stats than peyton manning. Rightttt.

Big Ben has a good game and everyone is back on the bandwagon. He finally threw a touchdown, gee that must mean he's better than Eli.

Rivers has tremendous talent around him, and i wouldn't be surprised the chargers win the superbowl this year. But, one thing is for sure, Rivers won't be the one carrying that team, Tomlinson, the defense, and the offensive line will.
      I never got off the bandwagon. The whole team played bad... Oh wait Bens not eli.. Can't use the "team sucked" Excuse.
      Ben played great throwing 19 passes. He is so consistent. Consistently bad when he throws around 30 but consistently great when hovering right under 20.
      He throws 19 passes and has just as much effect as eli throwing 39. Can't be mad at that.
      I agree, when you don't have to throw that much to be that effective, more power to you and your team. But the difference is that when Ben is called upon in certain games when it becomes neccesary to throw 30 or more times he can't perform. Eli can.
      Eli also has done it almost every game. Granted I think Ben was a game manager his Rookie Season, why does it matter how many passes you have to throw to get it done? His oline has been horrible and his WR's haven't been getting open. Albeit he wasn't playing to his standard.. I'm not makign excuses for his bad play just saying that it's rediculous the fact everyone says "Eli is a top 10 QB", He's Elite. Because everytime he has a bad game, it's because his Oline and WR's and Tiki have sucked.

Why make an excuse for Eli if it doesn't work for anyone else. Peyton surely doesn't get an excuse for not being good under pressure. Why does his little brother? Because he's a Giant?
      I don't think the bolded part is true at all, and I don't think many Giants fans here feel that way. He wasn't bad in the playoffs because of those guys, he was bad in addition to those guys. No one is making an excuse for him not being good under pressure. But actually I think he is very good under pressure. He has shown he can lead teams from behind and win in the 4th quarter in big games. He didn't even come close to having a shot to doing that in the playoffs because he and the entire team were horrible.

The deal about throwing only 19 times has to do with the running game. When you throw only 19 times a game and win, it normally means your running game is cleaning up pretty nice. The team than honors only the run and Ben hit the deep pass most often times PA over the top. When he has to throw more times, it generally means the running game is not so effective and Ben has to deal with teams defending the pass better. Ben has shown to be pretty bad in those situations. The funny thing is, is that most QBs deal with that situation every week.

Also are you sure his WRs haven't been getting open? I mean the general TV coverage shows very little to prove or disprove this fact unless you are fortunate to have the overhead view tape that coaches are used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concord83

you have GOT to be kidding me. have you even watched the last two chargers games? in case you didn't, here are their stats:

The defense was outstanding both games, the offensive line did their job, but you're basically saying the entire team is going to carry him with is just an absolute joke. I know you've gotta defend your boy Eli, but get real man. That is just a piss poor excuse for an argument. You act like the rest of the Giants team is ***********. Last I checked, you have the #1 RB in the nfl, currently.

The truth of the matter is that San Diego has played a fairly easy schedule so far, but Philip is still top 5 in QB Rating, Completion Percentage, and Int's thrown. That tells me he takes care of the ball, he completes a high percentage of the intermediate passes that gets you first downs, and he's played neck-and-neck with the best QB's in the game his first 5 games. I'm in no way saying he's going to be the next montana, don't get me wrong.

Manning is top 5 in Completion Percentage, Yards Per Attempt, and TD's. That tells me he throws for a better percentage in the 15-25 yard area. Oh, and the fact that ny giants rb's have 2 rushing td's means they throw it up for plax, toomer, and shockey quite a bit. LT has 7 rushing td's to go with philips 7 td passes.
        I'm not disagreeing with the whole post because I think Rivers is playing pretty damn amazing right now, but isn't the bolded part exactly what Rivers does as well. I mean, look at who has caught his TD passes. He is throwing it up to large targets just like Manning is.

Comment

• I voted for Ben due to his leadership qualities and his abilities to make something out of nothing by scrambling around in or out of the pocket. He is also a smart player and, when his thumb isn't broken, has a strong arm.

I believe Rivers is second. He has many of the same leasdership qualities as Ben, he's smart, and also has a strong arm. The only thing he's lacking is Ben's scrambling abilities. I'm not saying he's Kurt Warner, but he's just not quite as mobile.

I put Eli third. I believe that he is a good NFL QB, but his overall abilities are just below the other two. The one area that he may have on the other two is smarts. I believe he is a very smart guy, but I think his arm is a notch below the others and he is less mobile, more Kurt Warner.

They will all be very good NFL QB's when it's all said and done, and they are all worthy of the "Franchise QB" label.

After reading most of this entire thread, I have determined one thing:

You guys all need to:

A) Get a job

B) Get a life

and most importantly,

C) GO GET LAID!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDub

After reading most of this entire thread, I have determined one thing:

You guys all need to:

A) Get a job

B) Get a life

and most importantly,

C) GO GET LAID!!!!!
            :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky bobby

I never got off the bandwagon. The whole team played bad... Oh wait Bens not eli.. Can't use the "team sucked" Excuse.
              Ben played horribly along with his team for 5 straight games, the last time eli had 5 bad back to back games was when he was tossed into the lineup for the last half of his rookie season. If Big Ben wasn't big ben, he'd be out of the starting lineup just like Culpepper.
              Ben didn't almost die this offseason or anything

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
                Originally posted by Concord83

The defense was outstanding both games, the offensive line did their job, but you're basically saying the entire team is going to carry him with is just an absolute joke. I know you've gotta defend your boy Eli, but get real man. That is just a piss poor excuse for an argument. You act like the rest of the Giants team is ***********. Last I checked, you have the #1 RB in the nfl, currently.

I'm not disagreeing with the whole post because I think Rivers is playing pretty damn amazing right now, but isn't the bolded part exactly what Rivers does as well. I mean, look at who has caught his TD passes. He is throwing it up to large targets just like Manning is.
                no no no, that's not what i meant. I meant that when the bolts are within the 10 yard line, they'll usually give it to LT(like sunday when he didn't have a rushing td over 5 yards). Yeah, Philip has big wr's, but they don't have a Plax AND Shockey. They have Gates and Malcolm Floyd. Hardly even there, you must admit. My original statement wasn't meant as a jab or anything. Just saying the Chargers have different ways of getting it in the endzone, unlike Manning having to toss it in there everytime.

Comment

• and whose brandon jacobs????

just admit that that makes rivers a more versatile qb and better qb becuase he is not throwing to better wideouts and yes plax, toomer and moss are better than mccardell, parker and jackson

if i had to rank them it would be

1) ben - hes got the ring and the ability to make big plays happen with sub par receivers now...cause other than ward, who do they have????

2) phillip - just look at what hes been able to do this season in only 5 games and the plays he is able to create because of the fact that defenses have to spend so much time concentrating on LT

3) eli - first cause he's a little crybaby and didnt want to come to sd and second because he really is overshadowed by his bro's ability to play. if eli was the first manning to play the game he would not be getting as much attention because of the mental mistakes that he makes early on in the game. sure hes a great 4th quarter qb and has had a couple of comebacks, but where was that in the first three quarters???
                  ]

Comment

• I wouldnt say Parker or Mccardell are big targets. Eli has Plax 6'5, Toomer 6'3 and Shockey 6'5 he has an advantage over Rivers there but, he still finds away to soar the ball over these guys heads. Rivers is a much better passer than Eli, all his throws are crisp and on target, he rarely misses his man and I mean rarely. Eli on the other hand will look dazzling one series and look god-awful on the next. As of right now, I would give the edge to Rivers already, he just throws a much better ball than Eli at this point in their careers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Rex Grossman > Any QB who ever lived. What other QB could turn the ball over 6 times and win the game?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concord83
                        Originally posted by Concord83

no no no, that's not what i meant. I meant that when the bolts are within the 10 yard line, they'll usually give it to LT(like sunday when he didn't have a rushing td over 5 yards). Yeah, Philip has big wr's, but they don't have a Plax AND Shockey. They have Gates and Malcolm Floyd. Hardly even there, you must admit. My original statement wasn't meant as a jab or anything. Just saying the Chargers have different ways of getting it in the endzone, unlike Manning having to toss it in there everytime.
                        Besides his most recent two TDs to Shockey this week, I think the remainder off Eli's TDs came from 10+ yards away from the goal line. Maybe 1 was that close. We actually have had a pretty difficult time getting it in when that close. Hopefully those two TDs to Shockey this past week in Atlanta really get things going down there in the "green" zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                          I wouldnt say Parker or Mccardell are big targets. Eli has Plax 6'5, Toomer 6'3 and Shockey 6'5 he has an advantage over Rivers there but, he still finds away to soar the ball over these guys heads. Rivers is a much better passer than Eli, all his throws are crisp and on target, he rarely misses his man and I mean rarely. Eli on the other hand will look dazzling one series and look god-awful on the next. As of right now, I would give the edge to Rivers already, he just throws a much better ball than Eli at this point in their careers.
                          I know McCardell and Parker aren't big. I was just saying that I am pretty sure all of Rivers TDs were to Flloyd, Gates, and Jackson. Those guys are bigger than any 3 person combo we have.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                            I wouldnt say Parker or Mccardell are big targets. Eli has Plax 6'5, Toomer 6'3 and Shockey 6'5 he has an advantage over Rivers there but, he still finds away to soar the ball over these guys heads. Rivers is a much better passer than Eli, all his throws are crisp and on target, he rarely misses his man and I mean rarely. Eli on the other hand will look dazzling one series and look god-awful on the next. As of right now, I would give the edge to Rivers already, he just throws a much better ball than Eli at this point in their careers.
                            I know McCardell and Parker aren't big. I was just saying that I am pretty sure all of Rivers TDs were to Flloyd, Gates, and Jackson. Those guys are bigger than any 3 person combo we have.
                            Even if they were, Floyd and Jackson dont catch anything outside of the red zone, Eli's top every down targets are all huge.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think it's a bit rediculous for Giants fans to claim that Philip Rivers has a better supporting cast than Eli Manning has.

Receivers:

Jeremy Shockey, Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer

vs

Antonio Gates, Keenan McCardell, Eric Parker

Running Backs

Tiki Barber

vs

LaDainian Tomlinson

O-Line

Petitgout, Diehl, O'Hara, Snee, McKenzie

vs

McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Goff, Olivea

I would take New York's receivers any day. As for the RB position, Tiki has out-performed LaDainian in the past 2 and 1/2 seasons. For the O-Line I will give a slight edge to San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                but floyd is like our # 4 or 5 wideout and jackson is our #3, so i would still take plax and toomer over parker and mccardell

just quit being a homer and admit that eli is not the best of the three
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information