X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snobdmat
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    I wouldnt say Parker or Mccardell are big targets. Eli has Plax 6'5, Toomer 6'3 and Shockey 6'5 he has an advantage over Rivers there but, he still finds away to soar the ball over these guys heads. Rivers is a much better passer than Eli, all his throws are crisp and on target, he rarely misses his man and I mean rarely. Eli on the other hand will look dazzling one series and look god-awful on the next. As of right now, I would give the edge to Rivers already, he just throws a much better ball than Eli at this point in their careers.
    I know McCardell and Parker aren't big. I was just saying that I am pretty sure all of Rivers TDs were to Flloyd, Gates, and Jackson. Those guys are bigger than any 3 person combo we have.
    but floyd is like our # 4 or 5 wideout and jackson is our #3, so i would still take plax and toomer over parker and mccardell

just quit being a homer and admit that eli is not the best of the three
    It'll never happen. Something in the water in New York. Ben won a SUPERBOWL and Giants fans still won't come to the realization that they don't have the best QB of that draft. a...SUPER BOWL. A championship! Forget stats, forget all this game managing crap, he was the QB, and leader, of a SUPER BOWL team.

Maybe if Rivers wins one Giants fans will finally realize how badly they got screwed in 2004.

Comment

• rivers, merriman and kaeding pwnt eli

Comment

• My prediction...

This thread will reach 40 pages by the end of the season.

Comment

• People fail to look at the fact Eli plays in NY, its not exactly a cakewalk to play with all the media watching every move. We don't know how Rivers would have handled that. Nor do we know how River would have performed without sitting out 2 seasons first.

All 3 are good, I think only Rivers and Eli can be great though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix
            People fail to look at the fact Eli plays in NY, its not exactly a cakewalk to play with all the media watching every move. We don't know how Rivers would have handled that. Nor do we know how River would have performed without sitting out 2 seasons first.

All 3 are good, I think only Rivers and Eli can be great though.
            Yeah, the media of New York is a great excuse. I remember one time after a bad performance Eli came off the field and said "The media really affected my play out there tonight. If I were in San Diego where I would be getting less attention I would have played much better."

Oh wait, no, that doesn't make any sense. The 2 years understudying Drew Brees definitely affected Rivers game though, no doubt about it. But if you are going to say that's a reason for his success then you are contradicting the whole "Eli has more experience" argument.

Comment

• This thread had died down somewhat the past 3 days, but once the games are played this weekend, its gonna explode again with new revelations. Im thinking I might have undershot this thread by saying it will go 40 pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                This thread had died down somewhat the past 3 days, but once the games are played this weekend, its gonna explode again with new revelations. Im thinking I might have undershot this thread by saying it will go 40 pages.
                Yah, I think the longevity of this thread is a testament to the strength of this QB class in general. The big 3, and even J.P. Losman is kinda maybe sorta getting it together. And wasn't Matt Schaub 2004? or was that 2003?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  This thread had died down somewhat the past 3 days, but once the games are played this weekend, its gonna explode again with new revelations. Im thinking I might have undershot this thread by saying it will go 40 pages.
                  Yah, I think the longevity of this thread is a testament to the strength of this QB class in general. The big 3, and even J.P. Losman is kinda maybe sorta getting it together. And wasn't Matt Schaub 2004? or was that 2003?
                  Yup Schaub was a 3rd rounder. This draft class was sick in general. Outside of Gallery, you couldn't screw up the first 11 picks.

Comment

My prediction: It gets locked long before then.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                      My prediction: It gets locked long before then.
                      Most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                        Yup Schaub was a 3rd rounder. This draft class was sick in general. Outside of Gallery, you couldn't screw up the first 11 picks.
                        The All-Draft team of that year is freaking awesome. Here is mine:

QB - Philip Rivers
                        RB - Steven Jackson
                        FB - Mike Karney
                        WR - Larry Fitzgerald
                        WR - Roy Williams
                        TE - Kellen Winslow II

OT - Robert Gallery
                        OG - Chris Snee
                        OC - Nick Hardwick
                        OG - Shawn Andrews
                        RT - Shane Olivea

OLB - Karlos Dansby
                        MLB - Jonathan Vilma
                        OLB - DJ Williams

DE - Will Smith
                        DT - Tommie Harris
                        DT - Vince Wilfork
                        DE - Jared Allen

CB - Nathan Vasher
                        FS - Sean Taylor
                        SS - Gibril Wilson
                        CB - DeAngelo Hall

The only weakness on that team is Robert Gallery, because the '04 draft had zero quality Left Tackles, and I mean Z.E.R.O. What's awesome is that there is a lot of debate, as to who belongs on that "All-Draft" team, that was just my personal interpretation. There is indeed thick competition at RT, CB, QB.

Comment

• Its amazing how much talent was in that draft. Poor Raiders fans, all that talent, and they picked the one guy who stunk. Out of all that talent, only one guy stunk, and the Raiders chose him with the 2nd pick in the draft. And to make matters worse, he was considered the safest pick in that draft. You couldn't screw up taking him, yet somehow the Raiders managed to take a promising LT with great measurables, and ruin his development to a point of no return. That just tells you how bad the franchise is right now.

Comment

• They were praised for "building a team the right way" by addressing the O-Line in that draft. So much for that.

Comment

• Homerism aside, I think I'd take Max Starks over Olivea.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• I bet you Buffalo looks back and Keeps awake at night:

13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
                                14 Chicago Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
                                15 Tampa Bay Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State
                                16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews G Arkansas
                                17 Denver D.J. Williams OLB Miami
                                18 New Orleans Will Smith DE Ohio State
                                19 Miami Vernon Carey T Miami
                                20 Minnesota Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
                                21 New England Vince Wilfork DT Miami
                                22 Buffalo J.P. Losman QB Tulane
                                23 Seattle Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
                                24 St. Louis Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
                                25 Green Bay Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
                                26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan
                                27 Houston Jason Babin OLB Western Michigan
                                28 Carolina Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
                                29 Atlanta Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State
                                30 Detroit Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
                                31 San Francisco Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
                                32 New England Ben Watson TE Georgia

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information