No announcement yet.

Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody out there still supporting Eli in this arguement?

Rivers is playing more and more like a top 3 QB in the league.

Comment

• We still need to see Phillip do it for at least an entire season. Right now, yes he's winning the debate, but he can easily lose it by the end of the season. Its far too early to tell just yet. I think he's going to be a great qb, but I still have a hard time crowning him after half a season. Let's not forget, its great having an offensive system that uses its personnell properly, and having the best RB in the game to run with and check down to.

Just to note, guess who has the most receptions for SD? Gates. Who has the 2nd most? LT. Ive said for awhile now that Rivers looks at Gates, or his first hot read for that matter, if theyre covered he checks down to LT. And he plays 8 man fronts, just like Ben did last year. Let's not fall for the same mistake twice. I will not give Eli a pass for his play this past week, but its awfully hard to be consistent when your playbook sends 4 guys deep every play with no checkdown over half the time. That quite frankly is a recipe for inconsistency, and its evident in his play. Your TE is your safety valve, yet we streak ours every play. And Im not the only one saying this.

Many fans from different teams have all acknowledged how idiotic our playcalling/playbook is. I also believe that the way Rivers throws wouldn't be successful in Giants stadium. Giants stadium is the hardest stadium to throw in, and Rivers tends to float his balls a little. Not like Pennington, but he doesn't put as much zip on his compared to Ben or Eli. I don't know if that would work in our stadium. Its all relative, who knows how he'd do under the same circumstances as Eli. I think he's a great player. I also think Eli is a great player who is having Vick-like problems in a sense that he's in a poor system. I honestly can't even give a true evaluation of the kid until I see a change in the playbook. Our homerun style offense is just ridiculous. Giant fans have been critical of it for 2 years now.

Comment

• I agree that philip is playing outstanding right now, but honestly, who has he played? The only real true test he could have had by now was Baltimore, and Marty had him chained the entire game. I think he only threw like maybe 17 passes or something that game? This Sunday night will be HUGE in his development. Big time game, big time spotlight, winner takes control of arguably one of the most difficult divisions in football. Should be a low scoring affair, but you never know. It'll be interesting to see the gameplan and if Philip makes smart decisions against that ballhawking secondary. In my opinion, the biggest obstacle will be the protection scheme against Denvers blitz packages.

Eli should have a semi-difficult task in the Jacksonville defense. You can't really blame Eli for ALLLLLLLL of the Giants injuries this year. I believe both will be great QB's in the end, so this topic is a moot point, in my opinion. Ben came out early, had a great supporting cast on offense, a lot of which has since left. I'm not quite sure Ben can carry a team, but he's proven he can lead one.

Comment

• Not a great week for Eli. Ben and Rivers had huge games though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Ben has just a had a rough year all around. He is starting to come out of his funk. As for Eli, he just showed again he isn't ready for big prime time games. He makes alot of stupid decisions. Rivers I have said before I feel he was the best out of the three at the time of the draft. I think he still has the potential to be the best, but when Ben is healthy he is by far the better qb. Eli has along way to go. He of course also has the potential, but he is the dumbest of the three.

Comment

• Pretty much, any of these 3 qbs can quarterback my team any day. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by snortie
                Ben has just a had a rough year all around. He is starting to come out of his funk. As for Eli, he just showed again he isn't ready for big prime time games. He makes alot of stupid decisions. Rivers I have said before I feel he was the best out of the three at the time of the draft. I think he still has the potential to be the best, but when Ben is healthy he is by far the better qb. Eli has along way to go. He of course also has the potential, but he is the dumbest of the three.
                I'd love to see the stats to back that one up.

edited to add that i think ben is having a great year on a crappy team. especially given everything he's gone through this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  Pretty much, any of these 3 qbs can quarterback my team any day. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them.
                  But of course your true love lies for Sexy Rexy Grossman.

Good gawd that is one pretty man!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Pretty much, any of these 3 qbs can quarterback my team any day. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them.
                    But of course your true love lies for Sexy Rexy Grossman.

Good gawd that is one pretty man!!
                    You won the battle my friend, but I will win the war.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                      I bet you Buffalo looks back and Keeps awake at night:

13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
                      14 Chicago Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
                      15 Tampa Bay Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State
                      16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews G Arkansas
                      17 Denver D.J. Williams OLB Miami
                      18 New Orleans Will Smith DE Ohio State
                      19 Miami Vernon Carey T Miami
                      20 Minnesota Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
                      21 New England Vince Wilfork DT Miami
                      22 Buffalo J.P. Losman QB Tulane
                      23 Seattle Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
                      24 St. Louis Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
                      25 Green Bay Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
                      26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan
                      27 Houston Jason Babin OLB Western Michigan
                      28 Carolina Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
                      29 Atlanta Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State
                      30 Detroit Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
                      31 San Francisco Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
                      32 New England Ben Watson TE Georgia
                      please don't remind me of sherman picks again, arrg, had to go with the loud mouth becasue he ran a 4.3, idiot, I don't even want to think about how much better the pack would have been agaisnt the pass these last couple years with gamble

Comment

• Now I feel vindicated for my pick of Philip Rivers. I loved him before the draft, and I thought that he would be the best of the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                          Rivers.
                          A month later and Rivers is making me look kinda good.

Yea that draft was ridiculous. Vernon Carey should be on your team though.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                            Originally posted by draftguru151
                            Rivers.
                            A month later and Rivers is making me look kinda good.

Yea that draft was ridiculous. Vernon Carey should be on your team though.
                            :(

This week sucks so bad for me. I need a hug.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                              I would say Rivers right now but it is pretty close between him and Eli
                              Lookin good.

Comment

• BIG BEN!

He had passer ratings of over 98 in his first two seasons, made it to the AFC championship twice, and owns a fancy ring. Sure, you could argue that Ben was on a great team and was nothing more than a game manager, but if that's the way you want to look at things, Phillip Rivers is in the same situation. Not only that, he probably has a more potent offense than the steelers had last year.

Eli Manning has all the talent in the world, but hasn't yet lived up to his potential. Rivers is having a great year, but remember Ben has had two of those already.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information