Eli is a cry baby.
    Big Ben is a steal.

This is how I feel today.

Rivers will be the best QB.
    Eli is a cry baby.
    Big Ben is a steal.

haha.. nah, seriously...

Rivers is playing really well.
    Eli is a cry baby and has a short tongue that irritates me when I see him talk.
    Big Ben is already washed up, but the investment in him has already paid off. It's time to start looking for the future QB in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Originally posted by tom
      BIG BEN!

He had passer ratings of over 98 in his first two seasons, made it to the AFC championship twice, and owns a fancy ring. Sure, you could argue that Ben was on a great team and was nothing more than a game manager, but if that's the way you want to look at things, Phillip Rivers is in the same situation. Not only that, he probably has a more potent offense than the steelers had last year.

Eli Manning has all the talent in the world, but hasn't yet lived up to his potential. Rivers is having a great year, but remember Ben has had two of those already.
      Passer rating measures a quarterbacks effiency, not his production. Phillip Rivers is throwing the ball over 30 times a game and that's with Schottenheimer as the head coach. He's winning games for them this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
        Originally posted by tom
        BIG BEN!

He had passer ratings of over 98 in his first two seasons, made it to the AFC championship twice, and owns a fancy ring. Sure, you could argue that Ben was on a great team and was nothing more than a game manager, but if that's the way you want to look at things, Phillip Rivers is in the same situation. Not only that, he probably has a more potent offense than the steelers had last year.

Eli Manning has all the talent in the world, but hasn't yet lived up to his potential. Rivers is having a great year, but remember Ben has had two of those already.
        Passer rating measures a quarterbacks effiency, not his production. Phillip Rivers is throwing the ball over 30 times a game and that's with Schottenheimer as the head coach. He's winning games for them this year.
        Ben might not pass as much, but he's also won a ton of games for the steelers, not to mention that playoff streak last year when he won all those games that really count!

A lot of players can do it in the regular season, but not many can win a SB (see Manning, Peyton)

Plus, When Ben was playing for the steelers last year, their only major threat was Hines Ward, whereas Rivers has Gates and LT.

Comment

• How exactly did he "win" the super bowl? Answer: he didn't. His *team* won the super bowl. He put up the worst numbers for a super bowl "winner" ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
            How exactly did he "win" the super bowl? Answer: he didn't. His *team* won the super bowl. He put up the worst numbers for a super bowl "winner" ever.
            A win's a win, and he's got the ring to prove it. If he had played horribly, then his team wouldn't have been able to overcome his play.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5 weeks ago, dcarey20
              wow everyone is jumping on the rivers bandwagon now...i loved him at nc state i think he's the best. chargers are my second favorite team and i was so happy when they got him.

he can make all the throws, and he showed great poise against a defense that he had never seen before, a defense that gives you a lot of looks, and a defense that needed a win.
              ^

Comment

• He made plays when he had to and that is all that counts. He didn't have a great superbowl, that's for sure, but he did lead his team through the playoffs. I'd take a guy who makes plays when he has to, rather than a guy who can't lead his team at all.

Comment

• Whats missed in this entire conversion is how many late game comebacks Eli has had compared to his counterparts. Eli always plays better in the 4th, and some of his late game heroics have not been duplicated by both Rivers and Ben. Some of his plays were simply amazing. He may not be as consistent as Rivers at this point in his career, but he is definately more of a late game qb then both Ben and Rivers, and has shown more moxy than both of them in key moments in the 4th in close games.

I think the true test for Rivers will be against Denver. Now he finally plays a real team, let's see what he's made of.

Comment

• Whats missed in this entire conversion is how many late game comebacks Eli has had compared to his counterparts. Eli always plays better in the 4th, and some of his late game heroics have not been duplicated by both Rivers and Ben. Some of his plays were simply amazing. He may not be as consistent as Rivers at this point in his career, but he is definately more of a late game qb then both Ben and Rivers, and has shown more moxy than both of them in key moments in the 4th in close games.

I think the true test for Rivers will be against Denver. Now he finally plays a real team, let's see what he's made of.
                    And what is missing from that argument is that Philip and Ben don't **** up as much as Eli does. Which means Eli has more chances for "late game comebacks" than do Philip and Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concord83
                      Whats missed in this entire conversion is how many late game comebacks Eli has had compared to his counterparts. Eli always plays better in the 4th, and some of his late game heroics have not been duplicated by both Rivers and Ben. Some of his plays were simply amazing. He may not be as consistent as Rivers at this point in his career, but he is definately more of a late game qb then both Ben and Rivers, and has shown more moxy than both of them in key moments in the 4th in close games.

And what is missing from that argument is that Philip and Ben don't *********** up as much as Eli does. Which means Eli has more chances for "late game comebacks" than do Philip and Ben.
                      And whats missing from THAT argument is the fact that Phillip and Ben are not asked to score on every drive, rather manage the game and let the run game and defense dictate what needs to be done. Eli on the other hand, is asked to score on damn near every drive, thus he'll naturally make more mistakes. Checking down is not part of our scheme (unfortunately), so to knock Eli for throwing it up is unfair too. Thats what TC asks him to do in our offense. We're like a Mike Martz offense, we air it out even when we're not supposed to. Completely different responsibilities.

In fact, take a look at Bulger. His game has dramatically increased with a change in philosophy, because he was being asked to score too much under Martz. Eli faces the same burden under TC. He doesn't have the benefit of "throwing it away and letting the defense make plays". He doesn't have that kind of team.

Comment

• I could give a deuce about the three of them put together.

If I had to have one for my team, I'd take Rivers. He's composed, shows a bit of improvisation skills and he's winning. Tiki has as many yards+ as LT, the defense of the Giants looks on par with the Bolts, but Rivers is winning more games and has a better QB rating. Manning just does not seem to have any magic around him. Maybe he's like Payton and will have to toil for a while before being able to win a big game.

Now, if the question is, which QB would you want with the results they've gotten, it's obviously Roethlisberneger for me as he has the ring. Fifty years from now, the wins and losses won't matter so much and the stats won't matter, but that ring will still matter.

P.S.- I don't care how those QBs spell their names.
                        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• okay so here are rivers and lt/turner:
                          274 pass attempts/244 rush attempts
                          13 pass td/16 rush td

eli and tiki/jacobs:
                          293pass attempts/251 rush attempts
                          15 pass td/7 rush td

The Chargers run the ball 47% of the time

The Giants run the ball 46% of the time

Not a big enough stat to really say there's much of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by johbur
                            I could give a deuce about the three of them put together.

If I had to have one for my team, I'd take Rivers. He's composed, shows a bit of improvisation skills and he's winning. Tiki has as many yards+ as LT, the defense of the Giants looks on par with the Bolts, but Rivers is winning more games and has a better QB rating. Manning just does not seem to have any magic around him. Maybe he's like Payton and will have to toil for a while before being able to win a big game.

Now, if the question is, which QB would you want with the results they've gotten, it's obviously Roethlisberneger for me as he has the ring. Fifty years from now, the wins and losses won't matter so much and the stats won't matter, but that ring will still matter.

P.S.- I don't care how those QBs spell their names.

So in 50 years, nobody will remember Dan Marino, but all will be in awe of the great Trent Dilfer?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• SB rings don't mean anything. If I were to make an argument over why Ben is the best I would use his playoff performances more than just the ring. In the superbowl all he had to do to win was make a few big plays, which he did. In all of the other playoff games he was asked to pass the ball early and often. It was the passing game that won us the Indy game and the AFC Championship.

Just the fact that a QB won a superbowl doesn't make him great. Its the performances through the playoffs that are the most impressive.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                                This is how I felt on draft day.

Eli is a cry baby.
                                Big Ben is a steal.

This is how I feel today.

Eli is a cry baby.
                                Big Ben is a steal.

haha.. nah, seriously...

Rivers is playing really well.
                                Eli is a cry baby and has a short tongue that irritates me when I see him talk.
                                Big Ben is already washed up, but the investment in him has already paid off. It's time to start looking for the future QB in Pittsburgh.

Thats why he's had three of the best games of his career this year right?

I'd love to hear how you can be washed up at age 24.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information