No announcement yet.

Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been a big fan of Rivers since he was in a college and it's nice to see him finally have a chance.

And I think Eli's numbers are inflated because of all the 4th quarter yards that he's racking up against prevents. He's still remarkably inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031
      I've always been a big fan of Rivers since he was in a college and it's nice to see him finally have a chance.

And I think Eli's numbers are inflated because of all the 4th quarter yards that he's racking up against prevents. He's still remarkably inconsistent.
      He played one game against something that could be considered prevent defense.

Comment

Im not gonna beat a dead horse, but that is so far from the truth. He's been great this year, I don't see any of the "knocks" of his game at all this year. But I regress.

Shiv, you brought up a good point that I failed to realize. Rivers went out there and won that game. Thats definately true. Roethlisberger can't do that. He's proven it throughout his career when he throws 30+ times. However, its still Rivers 4th game. I mean, what if he comes out and throws 4 INTs next week? It could happen. Its still far too early to make a declaration on Rivers being better than Roethlisberger. As much as Roethlisberger has/is overrated, I think we're taking a little too much credit away from him too.

Comment

I will gladly eat crow if he throws 4-picks against the 49ers next week.

Comment

I picked Big Ben just because he would fit the type of QB that the Bears have had sucsess w/ Very well

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Jets fan....Irony?
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ben is a game manager, you can find those in the later rounds. Hes nothing special. He got all the hype his first couple years because he didnt have to do anything. I always knew he was still the 3rd best of those 3. Hes a distant 3rd, and I might even probly put him behind Schaub once he gets a chance to play somewhere.

Eli is better than Rivers at this point but I like both of them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Originally posted by Number 10
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  It's amazing what one game will do for everyone's opinion. You are all likely the same people that said the Chargers didn't have a shot at the playoffs because they had Rivers at QB. I still take Big Ben quite honestly. He's struggling yes, but he has the kind of moxy that you want in a QB.
                  One game? We are about to go into week 6.
                  How many games do you think most people have seen Philip Rivers play? We have about 0 Chargers fans on here and they aren't on national TV that often.
                  I have season tickets to the Chargers

After seeing Rivers play, I can honestly say that I think they made the right decision in not trading Rivers away. He's every bit as accurate as Brees was, except he doesn't have a pea shooter for an arm.

Saying he's any better than the other two is just silly, though. Right now,, he's in the same, game-managing role that Roethlisbeergut has been in, and it's working fantastically. I hear Chargers fans complaining about "Marty Ball" all the time, and it really pisses me off. It works. You have the best running back in the game, and a backup who would start for a lot of teams in the NFL. You're breaking in a brand new quarterback. What is there to complain about?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Im not gonna beat a dead horse, but that is so far from the truth. He's been great this year, I don't see any of the "knocks" of his game at all this year. But I regress.
                    :shock: Am I the only one that watched the Seattle game where Eli quickly threw an interception right after his team got a turnover? And he did it again a drive or two later! He just padded his stats while the seahawks were celebrating on the sideline.

And what's with the first three quarters he played against Philly? If he decided to play better then he wouldn't have needed a miracle Eagles choke to win it

Eli's had one game where he's played a full good 4 quarters. I've yet to see why he's a top ten QB at this point.

Comment

:shock: Am I the only one that watched the Seattle game where Eli quickly threw an interception right after his team got a turnover? And he did it again a drive or two later! He just padded his stats while the seahawks were celebrating on the sideline.

And what's with the first three quarters he played against Philly? If he decided to play better then he wouldn't have needed a miracle Eagles choke to win it

Eli's had one game where he's played a full good 4 quarters. I've yet to see why he's a top ten QB at this point.
                      Yes, Seattle was the one game where at the start he made 2 poor decisions in a row. But look after the first 2 possessions. Even after that he played great. Its not his fault his guys fumbled and a pick occured off the hands of his own receiver. And say what you want about "padding stats". The Seahawks tried their heart out half way through the 4th to stop him because he was legitimately bringing us back, and still couldn't stop him.

And Philly? He was on the entire game. The only reason why his numbers dropped were because he was getting sacked every play in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. That was the olines fault. When he had protection, he carved up the Eagles every chance he got. As a guy who studies each Giant game like no tomorrow, trust me on this, Im not making it up.

Comment

I mentioned the INTs he threw in Seattle. That was on his shoulders.

The Philly game wasn't his fault. I was absolutly astounded by his pocket presence despite being sacked 8 times that game. Not to mention all the times he got hit. He stood in the pocket that philly game and threw lasers all over the field right before he got hit. Last game vs. the skins he threw two beautiful downfield completions and ended up on his back twice.

Philip Rivers has a much better supporting cast, which was already mentioned (Similar to big ben his rookie year). Eli has accumulated much of his stats this season playing catch-up, due to a poor defense. I personally didn't think this poll would be so close. Some people are jumping all over Rivers just like they jumped all over Big Ben.

Comment

I like Rivers. Not to take anything away from Manning or Roethlisberger, but I liked Rivers the best coming out of college. I had him as the #1 QB prospect that year and he has been outstanding so far this season.

Comment

He has been outstanding, despite everyone saying that he was going to hold the Chargers back. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                              I like Rivers. Not to take anything away from Manning or Roethlisberger, but I liked Rivers the best coming out of college. I had him as the #1 QB prospect that year and he has been outstanding so far this season.
                              after his bowl game i was hoping he'd fall to the donks. after the senior bowl, i was a bit upset because i knew he wouldn't.

i think it's too early to really judge anything here, but i'm happy that rivers is looking as good as i thought he would (even if it's for the chargers).

Comment

Yes, Seattle was the one game where at the start he made 2 poor decisions in a row. But look after the first 2 possessions. Even after that he played great. Its not his fault his guys fumbled and a pick occured off the hands of his own receiver. And say what you want about "padding stats". The Seahawks tried their heart out half way through the 4th to stop him because he was legitimately bringing us back, and still couldn't stop him.

And Philly? He was on the entire game. The only reason why his numbers dropped were because he was getting sacked every play in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. That was the olines fault. When he had protection, he carved up the Eagles every chance he got. As a guy who studies each Giant game like no tomorrow, trust me on this, Im not making it up.
                                After those two bad plays by him the game was already 21-0. The game was already starting to become a rout in the first quarter. I didn't even count the third one because it was practically his only good throw in the 1st half.

And I've seen that eagles game. Eli held on to the ball for waaay to long throughout the majority of that game.

I'm not by any means calling him a bad quarterback. But he's been inconsistent, and the Giants record has reflected that thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information