Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freddygoombatts
    Originally posted by jackalope
    i think Rivers will turn out to be the best. i'm not exactly sure why but it's just a gut feeling.

eli will be good but not great. he'll never reach the level of Peyton.

Big Ben will be the worst QB except for the win column. i'm not saying he'll be bad but he'll never be an allstar QB or a stat machine.
    I'll take "W"s and rings any-day over stats.

Who would you rather have Terry Bradshaw or Dan Marino.

Also, to all those who say Ben is nothing more than a game manager, so Eli or Phil is better because they actually win games for their teams...SHUT UP! So what? big deal he only game manager, what is his teams record when he is playing and when he is not? EXACTLY!

How many rings do Rivers and Manning have?...for that case how many rings does Peyton Manning, Trent Green, Carson Palmer have...uhhh 0, but don't forget their stats are amazing, thats all that really matters right? :roll: The game is about WINNING not stats.

The game is about a TEAM not one player.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I'll take Ben. Sure its me being a homer but look at the way he led us through the playoffs last season. He did alot more than just "manage" games in the playoffs. He single handedly took us to the superbowl. I'll take a superbowl win over a stat record any day.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Roethlisberger despite his stinky streak

Comment

Originally posted by cgf
          QB's get too much love for when they win and too much bitchin for when they lose.

Ding, Ding, Ding...

We have a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777
            I don't understand how someone can call Ben a game managed and system qb and praise Rivers at the same time. Rivers is in the exact same situation Ben was for the last two years, you can't judge them differently. Ben is having a bad year and he isn't as good as many hyped him up to be yet, but he isn't getting enough credit for what he did for the Steelers last year. Ben won them 2 critical playoff games when their run game wasn't hot. He was doing more than managing the game against Indie and Denver. He played terrible in the Superbowl, but the Steelers would never have made the playoffs without Ben. If anything this year is demonstrating just how important Ben was to Steelers last year. I don't know why he is playing so poorly, but it isn't because he is really being asked to do anything more than he did last year.

Were you watching the same Sunday Night game I was?! Rivers threw the ball 40-time, the Steelers shut down LT and Turner, and he faced a Dick LeBeau defense that had two weeks to prepare and he still excelled. He is much more than Ben has ever been.

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
            I'll take Ben. Sure its me being a homer but look at the way he led us through the playoffs last season. He did alot more than just "manage" games in the playoffs. He single handedly took us to the superbowl. I'll take a superbowl win over a stat record any day.
            "single handedly" doesn't apply in the NFL, first of all. Secondly he had the worst performance of any Super Bowl winning team ever, he didn't "win" the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
              Originally posted by cgf
              QB's get too much love for when they win and too much bitchin for when they lose.

Ding, Ding, Ding...

We have a winner!

Comment

Two things.

1-Be honest with yourself. Do you really believe that Ben single handeldly took you to the Super Bowl?

2-Would you take Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson...etc over Dan Marino because of a ring?
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                  Two things.

1-Be honest with yourself. Do you really believe that Ben single handeldly took you to the Super Bowl?

2-Would you take Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson...etc over Dan Marino because of a ring?

In all fairness, the Super Bowl winning Kurt Warner was a hell of a player, League MVP, in a whole different league from Dilfer and Johnson.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Predicted Stats based on the 7r-2 Formula founded by Students at Cooper Union:

PhillipRivers-2 Super Bowl Victories Hall of Famer 4-Time All Star 2-Time MVP

EliManning-1 Super Bowl Victory 4-Time All Star One MVP

BenRoethlisberger-1 Super Bowl Victory 5-Time All Star Hall of Famer

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                      He is much more than Ben has ever been.
                      I like Rivers and I think he is going to be a very good qb, but you give him too much credit too early and are really discounting Ben. I have never been a fan of Ben and have criticized him, but you are taking it to the extreme. He isn't an elite qb yet, but he has proved he can do more than manage the game. He proved that on the highest stage last year. In the AFC championship at Mile High he went 21/29 for 275 and 2 tds when his running game was averaging 2.7 ypc. That is doing more than managing the game. Without Ben or when he is playing poorly (like this year) the Steelers just aren't a very good team, that alone proves how valuable he is. Saying that Rivers is more now than Ben has ever been is absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                        Two things.

YES, considering that is the point of the game. :roll:

Comment

• I can't wait to see how many of you guys are going to jump off the Rivers band wagon once he plays a bad game. Five games into his career, and i'm already seeing people calling him a future 2 time MVP, 2 time superbowl winner, etc. Hey guys, back to reality, as much as you dislike Manning for forcing a trade to the giants, he's proven to be the best QB so far, out of that draft class.

Comment

• Originally posted by freddygoombatts
                            Two things.

YES, considering that is the point of the game. :roll:
                            Correct me if I am wrong.

But you would take Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, and Brad Johnson over Dan Marino.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                              Two things.

Yes. I completely believe that Ben made this team what it was last year. He played great games in the playoffs. Against Denver and Indy he was great putting points on the board early. I don't think Rivers or Manning would have been able to do what Ben did last post season.

And to your question, No I would take Marino. But to be fair, Ben is better than all of those guys and Manning and Rivers will never be as good as Marino.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
                                Two things.

Yes. I completely believe that Ben made this team what it was last year. He played great games in the playoffs. Against Denver and Indy he was great putting points on the board early. I don't think Rivers or Manning would have been able to do what Ben did last post season.

And to your question, No I would take Marino. But to be fair, Ben is better than all of those guys and Manning and Rivers will never be as good as Marino.
                                Ben has not done anything yet to prove he will be a better player than Warner and Simms were.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information