Breakout RB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
    Not Brandon Jacobs, you clever little homer.
    my thoughts exactly.

anyways, i hope that deangelo williams has a breakout year. but i think that jones drew will get at least 1000 on the ground this year.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

Comment

Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.
      ~Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything~

Comment

Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
          Im pretty sure Cadillac's breakout year was his roookie year
          Just ignore GRF and his insatiable need to post threads every 10 minutes. He knows nothing about football, and thus he wouldn't know about Cadillac or his ROY & OROY awards collection.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DragonMekha View Post
            Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.
            I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.

Comment

I expect big things from Cedric Benson but not against Green Bay

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.
                The thing is Brian Westbrook pretty much got no recoginition around the league outside of the Eagles so although it was a breakout for him,he this year can breakout and make everyone aware of his ability to actually run the ball.
                ~Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything~

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.
                  Man you have little faith. theses no reason Jacobs cant break out this year. Least I could do is put him on a list of like 10 guys. I didnt even state an opinion. Plus he has a fairly good run blocking O-Line and teams dont stack in the box against us. Im expecting 1000 yards from him. Not for him to be dominant, but to be a nice RB.

My opinion happens to be that Deangelo Williams is gonna have a nice season and really make a name for himself.

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.

Comment

Maurice Drew... next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.
                      That still doesn't make this a breakout year for him, mmmkay

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                        Man you have little faith. theses no reason Jacobs cant break out this year. Least I could do is put him on a list of like 10 guys. I didnt even state an opinion. Plus he has a fairly good run blocking O-Line and teams dont stack in the box against us. Im expecting 1000 yards from him. Not for him to be dominant, but to be a nice RB.

My opinion happens to be that Deangelo Williams is gonna have a nice season and really make a name for himself.

I would just rather have you put your opinion on the matter on hold until we have some factual proof to support it. When you make so many threads stating cases for Giant players, you leave all of us open to criticism. Realistically, everything youre projecting won't happen. Maybe some of it, but not all of it. And that leaves us open to the "homer" tag.

Im iffy on Jacobs. Ive been iffy on him for awhile. I have much more confidence in Eli than Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I would just rather have you put your opinion on the matter on hold until we have some factual proof to support it. When you make so many threads stating cases for Giant players, you leave all of us open to criticism. Realistically, everything youre projecting won't happen. Maybe some of it, but not all of it. And that leaves us open to the "homer" tag.

Im iffy on Jacobs. Ive been iffy on him for awhile. I have much more confidence in Eli than Jacobs.
                          I didnt even post my opinion until you asked.... I just said post a breakout RB and gave some guys as possibilitys. Im not gonna exclude a Giant just because I am a Giants fan...

Some other non Giants poster already said that he thinks Jacobs could breakout. Its definitly possible. Not like I said David Tyree could break out at WR....

Anyways im just gonna let this thread continue because I am interested in others opinions on the subject

Comment

Benson should since Jones is out of town

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

If he is given the chance, I'd keep an eye out for Morency. Especially if we can get more plays like this. Silly Lions.

Comment

I doubt Morency will be the Packers #1 runningback by the time the season starts. The Packers will definitely draft somebody on day one and at worst they'll split carries with Morency.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information