Breakout RB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    Wow, Herron shredded the St. Louis Rams for 106 yards rushing. Morrency tallied 101 yards on the ground against the Arizona Cardinals. Pencil those two in as starters.
    So Davenport gets 100 yards against STL and you say hes a borderline starter,but when Morency/Herron do it you wont even give them a little recognition. Morency's 101 came on 11 carries too.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      So Davenport gets 100 yards against STL and you say hes a borderline starter,but when Morency/Herron do it you wont even give them a little recognition. Morency's 101 came on 11 carries too.
      It's one game. Davenport showed flashes behind Ahman Green for a few seasons. He would be a fringe starter before his injury.

Comment

It's one game. Davenport showed flashes behind Ahman Green for a few seasons. He would be a fringe starter before his injury.
        Crap ran out of stuff to say. Morency has only played for 2 years and that year in HOU was dismal at best. You got me there

Comment

Get real. The Bucaneers are one of the worst teams in football. You can bring up all the statistics you want but the truth is that the Bucs simply aren't a very talented team. The Bears would crush them routinely and arguments could be made for both the Packers and Vikings. As for rebuilding, what do you think Tampa Bay is doing?
          You say the Bears would crush us routinely, but we were horrible last year and took them to OT....This year we have improved at almost every position, our starting QB is healthy, and we still have the draft to look forward to with the possibility of adding CJ and defensive youth. There's no doubt that we have some holes, but to say we are one of the worst teams in football is untrue. Many factors played into last season's struggles, including injuries, hard schedule, rookie QB and brutal OLine. This year all of those factors have been eliminated, and we still have a great coach in Jon Gruden. The Vikings absolutely suck, as do the Lions (inconsistent). The Packers are improving but have no run game and an aging QB, with holes still left to fill in other positions. The NFC North is a cakewalk overall, be real with yourself. Our defense is in rebuilding mode before our aging stars retire, but our team is not in rebuilding overall. Our offense has young talent in place already, and we have a coach who wants to win right now to save his job. Early schedule projections point towards us having about a 7-9 record, but replace the Panthers, Falcons & Saints with the NFC North and we can be at least over .500. I don't see that as getting stomped.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            You say the Bears would crush us routinely, but we were horrible last year and took them to OT....This year we have improved at almost every position, our starting QB is healthy, and we still have the draft to look forward to with the possibility of adding CJ and defensive youth. There's no doubt that we have some holes, but to say we are one of the worst teams in football is untrue. Many factors played into last season's struggles, including injuries, hard schedule, rookie QB and brutal OLine. This year all of those factors have been eliminated, and we still have a great coach in Jon Gruden. The Vikings absolutely suck, as do the Lions (inconsistent). The Packers are improving but have no run game and an aging QB, with holes still left to fill in other positions. The NFC North is a cakewalk overall, be real with yourself. Our defense is in rebuilding mode before our aging stars retire, but our team is not in rebuilding overall. Our offense has young talent in place already, and we have a coach who wants to win right now to save his job. Early schedule projections point towards us having about a 7-9 record, but replace the Panthers, Falcons & Saints with the NFC North and we can be at least over .500. I don't see that as getting stomped.
            You honestly think the team with the 4th overall pick this season would stand a chance against the Bears? Anything can happen on any given Sunday but the Bears are clearly a much better team than the Bucs. I would rate the Packers ahead of the Bucs as well. The Vikings have some big question marks but so do the Bucs. The Lions are pretty terrible right now. Realistically, I couldn't see the Bucs finishing higher in the standings than the Bears or Packers next season.

Comment

Morency/Herron would be one of the worst runningback tandems in the NFL. Neither has proven anything.
              Hence why I think Morency is prime for a breakout season. He's going to go from virtual unknown and afterthought into a reliable starter in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                Hence why I think Morency is prime for a breakout season. He's going to go from virtual unknown and afterthought into a reliable starter in the NFL
                Yoooo, make me a sig!! Please....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  True - Herron's a career backup and actually a great guy to have as your #3 RB but Morency definitely has potential - even though most people don't even consider it. I'm glad to see non packer fans are giving him recognition.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Yoooo, make me a sig!! Please....
                    PM me with an idea

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      True - Herron's a career backup and actually a great guy to have as your #3 RB but Morency definitely has potential - even though most people don't even consider it. I'm glad to see non packer fans are giving him recognition.
                      Why does everyone show up after I lose?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Barber is my vote as well. I think the Barber/Jones duo would be much better off with Barber getting the majority of carries and softening the defense, and Jones coming in for about ten or so carries a game. If that happens, I expect Barber to have a monster season.
                        I can't see how he can have a breakout year this year. He already had one last year. He had 654 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns.

Comment

The top name that comes to mind would be Laurence Maroney, provided he's healthy. If he's healthy, they should have a system more suited to his running style, and better weapons in the passing game to create increased opportunities in the run game.

Maroney slightly edges out DeAngelo Williams for me, largely because, as of now, Maroney doesn't have as strong competition for touches, IMO. That said, the Panthers system should suit DeAngelo much better, and if he gets the touches, it could be a big year.

Ronnie Brown wasn't really considered for me, largely because, while getting 1000 yards is no big deal, I don't really think of him as a breakout option, barring Ronnie going crazy and having, say, 1600 rushing yards or something significantly better. But that's my own guidelines. I guess that's the same reasoning for Addai (1400 total yards is a pretty dang good season and hard to really break out from that).

Whoever's the main runner in Buffalo should have a lot of opportunities as well. My darkhorse would be Lamont Jordan putting together a big year with the revamped leadership and structure there.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            The top name that comes to mind would be Laurence Maroney, provided he's healthy. If he's healthy, they should have a system more suited to his running style, and better weapons in the passing game to create increased opportunities in the run game.

Maroney slightly edges out DeAngelo Williams for me, largely because, as of now, Maroney doesn't have as strong competition for touches, IMO. That said, the Panthers system should suit DeAngelo much better, and if he gets the touches, it could be a big year.

Ronnie Brown wasn't really considered for me, largely because, while getting 1000 yards is no big deal, I don't really think of him as a breakout option, barring Ronnie going crazy and having, say, 1600 rushing yards or something significantly better. But that's my own guidelines. I guess that's the same reasoning for Addai (1400 total yards is a pretty dang good season and hard to really break out from that).

Whoever's the main runner in Buffalo should have a lot of opportunities as well. My darkhorse would be Lamont Jordan putting together a big year with the revamped leadership and structure there.
                            I'm surprised you didn't name drop Benson. Any runningback in the Bears system should be good for 1000+ yards, and if you toss in a talented guy like Benson who knows what's possibly.

Comment

I like Deangelo as a candidate for breakout RB of the year. If he can steal more carries away from Foster he will find himself in a pretty decent situation.

Comment

I like DeAngelo (a lot), so I will pick him to break out. I also think Benson will have a good year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information